Winamp 5.0.4 MSI release

Alanoll

Hi again,

well, uninstall info was added now. Don´t know what I did wrong the first time. :rolleyes:

But I found a more serious problem unfortunately. Look at my screenshot. I just installed Winamp silently and somehow Winamp registered itself for a few very strange extensions. Those get selected if I choose "Audio only".

Worse yet, I wanted to start playback of some music inside a folder name "Jerry.Goldsmith.(1977).Contract.on.Cherry.Street.(eac.ape.cvrs.dataex)" by right clicking on it and choosing Play in Winamp and instead of playing the files, it actually only added each of the words between the "." to the playlist and did not play the files inside.

The same happened with other folders ( and mp3 files ).

This never happened with the original installer. I have no idea what could have gone wrong.

my ini file is not very exciting:

[Setup]
Xlibrary=1
Xintex=1
Xmodernskin=1
Xaudio=1
Xextra=1
Xregopt=1
XStartmenu=0
XNAME=xxxx
XKEY=xxxx ....

The only other "strange" thing I noticed is, that "Launch Winamp for Audio CDs" is not set to on by default, as is the "Show Winamp in Systray" option although according to your explanation earlier in this thread if setting the parent to 1 all the children should be installed too, so my above ini should install both CD playback and systray, if I am not mistaken or anything :)

Bye,

Alex

it may be installed, just not enabled. And that's just more variables. But those right-clicking issues are a problem. I'll look into it when I get home. Now people, these are the bugs I'm more worried about. lol.

As for teh file types, those are all Audio File types. And I believe they're ALL there in th normal Winamp install. Winamp will take the associations for whatever filetypes it gets installed for.

So yeah....I can't duplicate the error witht he Right-Click thing. I even create a new directory with the name you said, and I still have no problems. Though I did see a forsee able bug, so I'll fix that.

i dunno. YOu'll have to tell me more. What did you try? What did you enter in to the INI. What did you specify the path to tobe?

Just sayign something doesn't work doesn't help me try to fix it. It's better to tell me what you did with the files as well. I need the full command call and whether or not you're using the newest MSI.

Installing from INI file gave me error 1702 no matter how I edited the ini, puting the exact stuff but into a cmd line, worked flawlessly.

INI problem ?

I think MSI error code 1702 is a restart required error.

Did you do a silent install with the restart suppressed?

Alanoll the INI was simple

winamp.ini

[setup]
Xjump=1
Xmodernskin=1
Xaudio=1
Xuser=xtreme
Xkey=key-here

RunOnceEx.cmd

REG ADD %KEY%\074 /VE /D "WinAmp 5.04" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\074 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\Install\Winamp\winamp.msi /qn INI=\"%systemdrive%\Install\Winamp\winamp.ini\"" /f

Weird.

EDIT: using your latest .msi

Hey Alanoll,

have you had time to fix that bug I mentioned ? ( Winamp not playing any music but showing the titles of the folder only )

Gonna create a new Unattended CD tonight and would just like to know if I should download your msi again or leave Winamp out for now ...

Thanks,

Alex

Hey Alanoll,

have you had time to fix that bug I mentioned ? ( Winamp not playing any music but showing the titles of the folder only )

Gonna create a new Unattended CD tonight and would just like to know if I should download your msi again or leave Winamp out for now ...

Thanks,

Alex

So yeah....I can't duplicate the error witht he Right-Click thing. I even create a new directory with the name you said, and I still have no problems. Though I did see a forsee able bug, so I'll fix that.

You'll need to tell me everything you installed. Either the build on my PC is higher then yours (possible, fixing bugs) or I dunno. I just selected Full Install, and it works fine. as my quote above says, I even tried creating a directory with the same name you said you're was. I"ll see about uploading the newer MSI later