Winamp 5.0.4 MSI release

Alanoll

start /wait %systemdrive%\Install\Applications\Winamp\winamp.msi /qb /INI="%systemdrive%\install\applications\winamp.ini"  

Full path must be specified in INI file. I couldn't quite get the code write to use an INI file in MSI directory or anything.

you was wrong with this:

start /wait %systemdrive%\Install\Applications\Winamp\winamp.msi /qb /INI="%systemdrive%\install\applications\winamp.ini"

the backslash before INI must be deleted, also mapped in winamp, otherwise i get errors.

start /wait %systemdrive%\Install\Applications\Winamp\winamp.msi /qb INI="%systemdrive%\install\applications\winamp\winamp.ini"

but thanks, it works, but i havent tested it unattend. i do now test it.

If I specify an INI to be used, does the setup become automated by implication (or does it only take its values from the INI for a manual setup, like office does from an MST) ?

Or do neither of the above happen when you specify an INI?

Does it become silenced *ONLY* when I use the /QB switch?

This is what I've got to say to Alanoll:

I hadn't used your MSI until now. But the above screen-shots literally psyched me, and I'm hooked. I suppose I'll use your MSI if it turns out to be smaller than the original installer - still downloading, let me see.

EDIT:

4.5 MB? Maybe it could touch down to ~3MB before it would interest me. BTW, the component selection screen could do with a scroller (OfficeXP doesn't scroll the entire window, it only scrolls the "Components" box). I suppose listing the component names is what prevents you from doing that, but I figure it won't be long before your boredom gets the better of you :)

Also, congratulations on such a well-done package.

Okay, some few remarks:

If you want to use a other Directory than default use this:

winamp_5.0.4.msi INI=%TEMP%\winamp_setup.ini INSTALLDIR="C:\WINAMP_DIR" /qn

If you don't know where your Ini is, just copy it to %TEMP% and delete it afterwards. That always works.

Thanx for those tips.

Can I use

INSTALLDIR="%systemdrive%\DIR\WINAMP_DIR"

I ask this because I haven't yet seen any MSI that supports system variables like my example above. I hope this one does........

I just shouldn't sleep.....

I sleep for 6 hours and this happens :)

@All

I'll look into the quicklaunch thing. I could have just told you the wrong switch :rolleyes:

@Solid

Yeah, whoops. The first post is right.

@prathapml

INSTALLDIR should work, but i believe TARGETDIR is what's used. Not sure, I"ll check when I go through and fix these quircks.

The shortcuts might not work as planned, I added them in last minute (didn't really test, was more concerned with winamp actually working.)

As for the installer size....I'll what I can do. InstallShield X adds alot of useless info to it. Most of the tables aren't needed. And there might be a few compression options.

As for the Custom screen, actually the problem is listing the switches. I can make it so just the components move, but yeah. I was adding a "switches" screen you could get to by clicking Help or something, but my laptop's screen was too small (15.4" as 1280 * 800). But yeah, I'll see what I can do.

Expect a new one later.

Thanx for those tips.

Can I use

I ask this because I haven't yet seen any MSI that supports system variables like my example above. I hope this one does........

@Solidasrock

What is the commandline/INI file you're using? It helps to narrow down the problem. I just used Xquicklaunch=1 on a commandline call and it works, as does INSTALLDIR.

I'm betting most of the switches are being caused by the INI routine, am I right? This question is to any having switch problems.

And yes, even if you specify a INI file, you still need /QB.

Also, to whom ever was having the Registration problems, you need to use quotes around the strings even in the INI.

I'm posting the INI file I'm testing with. The only entry that doesn't take effect is INSTALLDIR simply because I just need to add it to the INI detection. Otherwise, the others appeared to have worked.

winamp.ini

Thanx for those tips.

Can I use

@Solidasrock

What is the commandline/INI file you're using? It helps to narrow down the problem. I just used Xquicklaunch=1 on a commandline call and it works, as does INSTALLDIR.

I'm betting most of the switches are being caused by the INI routine, am I right? This question is to any having switch problems.

And yes, even if you specify a INI file, you still need /QB.

well i noticed a NEW error again :)

edit: ok i use this in cmd:

start /wait %systemdrive%\Install\Applications\Winamp\Winamp504.msi /qb INI="%systemdrive%\Install\Applications\Winamp\Winamp.ini"

and the xquicklaunch in the ini file:

[setup]
Xintex=1
Xmodernskin=1
Xaudio=1
Xvisual=1
Xextra=1
Xdircont=1
XDesktop=0
XQuicklaunch=1

right?

edit:i think this error maybe must posted in my own topic in klitecodec wont install....

mmkay, I'll remove that file from the install. I wasn't sure if it was Winamp related or not :)

Yes the INI looks right.....

EDIT::

I just replaced the download. I'm still working to get it smaller, and until I can duplicate (you telling me what you did) i can't even start to fix the User name thing (unless somehow I've already fixed). I also took care of Solid's error message. And the shortcuts should be properly created now.

mmkay, I'll remove that file from the install. I wasn't sure if it was Winamp related or not :)

Yes the INI looks right.....

EDIT::

I just replaced the download. I'm still working to get it smaller, and until I can duplicate (you telling me what you did) i can't even start to fix the User name thing (unless somehow I've already fixed). I also took care of Solid's error message. And the shortcuts should be properly created now.

that error is gone.... the quicklaunchbar i cant say if it works because it dont run anymore at the firstboot. i have moved the regtweaks to cmdlines.txt and it looks the cmdlines.txt arent exuted during setup.

cmdlines.txt always runs automatically without a command? right?

i also see at the end of my firstboot a popup windows but it close too fast so i cant make a snapshot. it looks there is written twice:

error cant make regkey

i am not sure if it occurs to your msi or other things...

@Alanoll Also, to whom ever was having the Registration problems, you need to use quotes around the strings even in the INI.

I did use quotes around the strings and they still didn't work. I will try the new download and see what happens. Alanoll keep up the good work.

the arrowed items not working, either cmdline or ini.

ECHO.

color c0

ECHO Installing Winamp 5.04

ECHO Please wait...

start /wait %systemdrive%\install\hotfixes\Winamp\winamp.msi /qb xintex=1 xmodernskin=1 xaudio=1 xextra=1 xregopt=1 xuser="name" xkey="xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxx" xdesktop=0 xquicklaunch=1 xstartmenu=0 xskinsetting="emerald city"

this is with the original ver downloaded, will try the latest now.

I'm sure it's working because I checked the Reg and xkey is there.

[sETUP]

xintex=1

xmodernskin=1<-------------------

xaudio=1

xextra=1

xregopt=1

xuser="name"<-----------------------------

xkey="xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx"

xdesktop=0<---------------------------------

xquicklaunch=1<----------------------------

xstartmenu=1

XSkinsetting ="emerald city"<----------------