Winamp 5.0.4 MSI release

Alanoll

the paths look fine....

I think it's problem with the variables being passed. I'll look into it. I didn't change the script since I wrote it about a week ago. So it's not most likely fixed.

I may add a few prompts that display the path being used. That might should some light. It will be annoying as hell if you're trying to do a real install though :)

Maybe %SOURCEDRIVE% is expended to <DriveLetter>:\ so calling %SOURCEDRIVE%\Programmes\... will result in <DriveLetter>:\\Programmes...

I do have those kinds of error sometimes with my .js script... and also avast! has this stupid error if installed on another drive then C:...

A thought comes to mind, it could be the %CDROM% doesn't get parsed before going to the MSI. If I changed it to by default look at the same directory that the MSI is in, and you specify the INI would that be alright?
Yes, that's a nice solution.
I see NO ONE even cares to try msiexec.exe /a winamp.msi :)
Hah! you'll rue the day you said this. I normally try to make an Admin-Install (/A) of every app that uses MSI as the installer. But I didn't try it on your MSI yet - but now that you mention it, I will use it and report any errors.
I believe I've done everything in that last "things to do"
Wow!! that's really cool. Courtesy another boring night, I suppose? are you single? :rolleyes:
wow, for once....I sleep and there are no errors...
Ahhh, attribute it to the co-incidence that I was sleeping at the same time as well! :D

I see NO ONE even cares to try msiexec.exe /a winamp.msi :)
Hah! you'll rue the day you said this. I normally try to make an Admin-Install (/A) of every app that uses MSI as the installer. But I didn't try it on your MSI yet - but now that you mention it, I will use it and report any errors.

Now don't say that.....

I specifically REMOVED all ADMIN functionality. lol. But you may get a nice little screen instead. I didn't see the need for an admin install of the Winamp MSI. And hopefully I don't ahve to add it back in (don't know how :rolleyes: )

I believe I've done everything in that last "things to do"

Wow!! that's really cool. Courtesy another boring night, I suppose? are you single?

As a matter of fact, I'm not. girlfriend for over a year thank you very much. lol. But she was busy in a play yesterday afternoon, and I had already gone to see it twice (and given her 36 roses so far) so I stayed home and got bored :D

:rolleyes: OK.

I specifically REMOVED all ADMIN functionality. But you may get a nice little screen instead. I didn't see the need for an admin install of the Winamp MSI.
Yes, I tried that just now, and saw what you meant (got the "Help" page when I ran a "/A" on it). Oh well, I don't see the need for it either (unless it would somehow reduce the size :) ).

:) OK.
I specifically REMOVED all ADMIN functionality. But you may get a nice little screen instead. I didn't see the need for an admin install of the Winamp MSI.
Yes, I tried that just now, and saw what you meant (got the "Help" page when I ran a "/A" on it). Oh well, I don't see the need for it either (unless it would somehow reduce the size :rolleyes:).

actually it would make it bigger, unless you only selected a few components.

This should HOPEFULLY be the last necessary update. I fixed that INI problem. And it was NOTHING that I thought. Blasted READ-ONLY media. lol. Should be fixed now, however INI= still requires the full path to the INI file.

Just because I'm tired and bored....which doesn't make sense why I'm writing this, but....oh wells....

The problem with the INI was that it couldn't overwrite what was already there. It was sorta CD related but not quite and would become eventually.

The INI specified is just copied over to %systemroot%\Winamp5.ini (why I said it would be a workaround) and even if you don't specify an INI file, it will still read that and override whatever is on the command-line (while typing this, there will be one more update to this issue, to resolve what I jsut typed :rolleyes: ). But when copied from a CD or whatever, the file will become a READ-ONLY file. The Script the copies the file over runs twice, once for the UI and once for quiet installs and I don't want to spend the time tryign to make it NOT do that. The second time the script runs, it CAN"T overwrite a READ-ONLY file. Blasted limitations. Resolution, delete it before writing. Don't know why it doesn't infer that, but machines are stupid.

So did NO ONE notice the new screen in the UI? I guess most peopel are more concerned with quiet installs instead of attended. But I added a screen to enter in your registration info. enjoy :)

however INI= still requires the full path to the INI file.
hmmm..... hasn't anyone ever heard of the "%CD%" variable? :) But please note that it is usable only from a batch-file (which is what the majority of mew-comers use). You cant use %CD% in RunOnceEX or INF or XPlode.
I added a screen to enter in your registration info.
Now that you mention it, I tried a manual install and saw it. :D

OK, so your winamp MSI is getting better for those who want it manual as well :rolleyes:

Hey Alanoll,

I realized that installing through your msi does not add any uninstall information to controlpanel/software so uninstallation would not be that easy for users ...

Any chance for adding this or is it too much work ? :)

Thanks,

Alex

however INI= still requires the full path to the INI file.
hmmm..... hasn't anyone ever heard of the "%CD%" variable? :) But please note that it is usable only from a batch-file (which is what the majority of mew-comers use). You cant use %CD% in RunOnceEX or INF or XPlode.

I tried using SourceDIR from within the MSI, but it is no longer present during the second run, so it would error out again.

As for /?, what do you think /a is? :rolleyes: I have a change log? lol. I couldn't use /? as it is reserved for /?, so is /a but I can change what /a does, but I can't change /?

@midiboy

It should show up. I have no control over that except for the ICON. Well I do have control, but it haven't touched it. It should show up as "Winamp 5.0.4", perhaps you need to close the window and open it again. Sometimes that works as it doesn't autorefresh.