Winamp 5.0.4 MSI release

Alanoll

Hey Alanoll,

have you had time to fix that bug I mentioned ? ( Winamp not playing any music but showing the titles of the folder only )

Gonna create a new Unattended CD tonight and would just like to know if I should download your msi again or leave Winamp out for now ...

Thanks,

Alex

So yeah....I can't duplicate the error witht he Right-Click thing. I even create a new directory with the name you said, and I still have no problems. Though I did see a forsee able bug, so I'll fix that.
You'll need to tell me everything you installed. Either the build on my PC is higher then yours (possible, fixing bugs) or I dunno. I just selected Full Install, and it works fine. as my quote above says, I even tried creating a directory with the same name you said you're was. I"ll see about uploading the newer MSI later

hehe... i alreaddy say it in your old thread alanoll. if you dont point the output, there will be no sound out winamp.

so this line is very important: Xextra=1

without that you only see the song titles but hear nothing simply because the output is not installed...

no...if you don't use Xetra=1 to install DirectSound Output, it reverts back to the default out_wave.dll

I've tested that. But that has nothing to do with the foldernames being imported as song titles. He songs are being imported but rather each word of his directory name.

Hi Alanoll,

well, I don´t know what else to tell you, I already gave you the content of my ini I think ? :)

So I tried it again. I downloaded your msi again just now ( it says updated 8/2 ), installed it using this code:

D:\Alexander\Installation\MultiBootDVD\AIO-DVD\SETUP\Winamp\winamp.msi /qb ini=D:\Alexander\Installation\MultiBootDVD\AIO-DVD\SETUP\Winamp\winamp.ini

My ini looks like this:

[Setup]
Xlibrary=1
Xintex=1
Xmodernskin=1
Xaudio=1
Xextra=1
Xregopt=1
XStartmenu=0
XNAME=xxxx
XKEY=xxxx ...

And the same thing happens as before. When I rightclick on a musicfolder and choose " Play in Winamp" then only the names of the folders appears and nothing else happens. I tried with various folders, even folders with just one word.

If I drag and drop the folder onto Winamp, then everything behaves normal, winamp plays the files ok.

Also, everything works fine after installing with the official Winamp installer. By the way, I tried with either DirectSound, Waveout or Asio plugin output ...

And I am using Windows XP SR2 RC2 in case that matters ....

Bye,

Alex

And I am using Windows XP SR2 RC2 in case that matters ....

I really have no idea :)

SOrry if you did tell me before, just had ,y 4 wisdom teeth out, so I'm alittle out of it :rolleyes:

I'll install the MSI on a virtual machine (incase my many minglins in my systems makes mine work and your's doesn't. I'll also try on a folder with.....

Jerry.Goldsmith.(1977).Contract.on.Cherry.Street.(eac.ape.cvrs.dataex)

name.

@xtremexxx

Make sure you paths are correct. Also make sure your INI file is called winamp.ini and NOT winamp.ini.txt

I just had that problem.....

New link up....let me know if that Right-CLick problem remains. I couldn't recreate it....so.....I don't know how to fix it. So I did what thought might fix it.

New link up....let me know if that Right-CLick problem remains. I couldn't recreate it....so.....I don't know how to fix it. So I did what thought might fix it.

Hey Alanoll,

whatever you did, it worked. Problem is solved now, thanks ! :)

Bye,

Alex

Hey Alanoll,

maybe just a configuration problem .... but I observed that when setting Xaudio=1 and not mentioning any other Xaudio children, some of the children do not get installed. My ini is as follows:

[Setup]
Xlibrary=1
Xintex=1
Xmodernskin=1
Xaudio=1
Xextra=1
Xregopt=1
XStartmenu=0
XNAME=xxx
XKEY=xxx

Now, according to your explanation on this thread this means that all the children of Xaudio should be installed. Yet, after installation there is no option in Winamp to play wav, voc, etc. files and Winamp also did not register itself to play those files (icons of wav files still have Windows media player icon )

Also I am not really sure if the sonic engine has been installed because I think this always appeared as an output plugin but since installing with your msi it is not there anymore.

By the way ... is there a way to enable a few settings by default like for instance the setting to play audio CD´s or to be always connected to the internet ? Those are disabled by default after installation with your msi.

Thanks for your help !

Bye,

Alex

Whoops, must have missed this....

I'll check the Xaudio thing. On mine they install, but I'll double check when I get home.

As for Sonic.....grrrr.....I'll look into it. I don't use Sonic so I didn't test it. :)

As for enabling by default, not a clue.

Whoops, must have missed this....

I'll check the Xaudio thing. On mine they install, but I'll double check when I get home.

As for Sonic.....grrrr.....I'll look into it. I don't use Sonic so I didn't test it.

As for enabling by default, not a clue.

Hey Alanoll,

no problem. I hope you can find a solution. It´s defintely not working here ( playing wav´s for instance )

Just let me know if you find something ! :)

Bye,

Alex

Tonight I'll go through and test on a virtual machine (makes sure :))

Any who has a problem, post about it, and HOW to replicate it. The wav one is pretty simple, play a wav :rolleyes: And I mean ERRORS, not Can you add this. Let's get teh bugs out of the way first :D

Found the WAV bug (and all files supported by in_wave.dll). I left out an entry in the INI file that tells WInamp to actually play them (cfg_ext_mask). Fixed. If you want to quick fix it till I upload, to go Preferences>Input>Wave Input. Properties, and select all the extensions.

Sonic Burning works. Just tested it. It's not meant to be in Output. According to the documentation, it's available ONLY through the Media Library.

I'm waiting on uploading the new msi, till I hear whether there are more errors.

After you have create your INI file, start the install with

winamp.msi INI="%CDROM%\Unattend\winamp.ini"

You are saying that we could is the %CDROM% variable but look here. That say:

You might ask, "why not run application installations from the CD itself?" This is because CD-ROM drive letters are bound to be different on every PC, which shows why there's no permanent "%CDROM%" environment variable. You could however create and run a script that checks for the existance of a particular file on the CD so it maps the correct drive letter to the %CDROM% variable, but we won't be covering that in this guide (although its been discussed often in the forums so it should turn up in a search).

Do we need a script to be installed so that the %CDROM% variable can be assined are should we copy winamp.ini to C:\XPCD\$OEM$\$1\Install\Applications\Winamp and rewrite the code to:

winamp.msi INI="%systemdrive%\install\Applications\Winamp\winamp.ini"

:)

%CDROM%

I assumed you read this, or had a way of getting hte CDROM drive variable. So yes, you MUST assign it your self. Otherwise, you will need to have it copied over, and the correct path to the file. The MSI is very versatile. It can be run ANYWHERE. YOu just have to make sure you tell it where the INI file is or just use the commandline.

http://unattended.msfn.org/xp/runonceex_cd.htm

the first part with the IF EXIST will help to assign the CDROM variable (or whatever you call it)