Winamp 5.0.4 MSI release

Alanoll

Hey Alanoll,

thank you ! It works fine now !

Should you ever find a way to also activate certain features ( CD playback, internet connection always on come to mind .. ) please let us know. But it works great as it is now !

Thanks,

Alex

oh, I'm sure it's pretty simple.....

but tell me exactly where you're talking about (in the settings). It would most likely be yet another switch in the end to activate or not, but I'm just nto sure what you're talking about.

mmkay, those shouldn't be too hard to track down....

the Internet selection thing, is done....simple INI value.

the CD thing however, is because Winamp wants the value in the registry a certain way. And I don't put it that way. THe way I put it fixes the directory problem from before, but unchecks the box. I'm trying something now, and hopefully it will work.

MSI being uploads to reflect new changes. 16:48 GMT

Hey Alanoll,

just to be clear on this now ... do I have to add something to the ini now to enable those two settings ? If not, I fear that others might not want those settings to be on by default ( especially the internet connection thing ) although I, of course, could live with it ... :-)

Bye,

Alex

well, I just reuploaded the file 17:42 GMT, as I forgot to set the switch correctly (INET instead of XINET).

As for enabling, AudioCD checkbox is more of a bug. It was already included, but the box not checked. It's under Registry Options >> Audio CD Open With

And the connection to the internet, I added a switch called INET. Refer to first post for usage. It's in the same section as XUSER and XFULL

the startmenu thing, I can understand. I accidentally deleted the component, and when I recreated it, I forgot to add the conditions. Will be fixed momentarily. I'll look into the XINET thing.

EDIT::

OH! You're using the INI file aren't you? :P

EDIT::

Hopefully they should be fixed now. Redownload.

Yeah, I got the msi yesterday morning (so I do not have the most recent version I guess now...) but anyway, it works great!  That INI thing was the greatest idea ever!

yeah doubt so, just looking at the country flag you have, I'd say not. It was updated around 11-12 PM last night (doesn't really matter timezone in your case, as it's not the moring :P )

:w00t:

i am redoing my winamp.msi install i just want to get confirmation that what i am doing is right.

here goes

REG ADD %KEY%\090 /VE /D "Winamp 5.0.4" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\090 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\Install\Winamp504\winamp.msi Xfull=1 /INI="%systemdrive%\install\Winamp\winamp.ini" /qn" /f

[SETUP]
XNAME=xxxxxxx
XKEY=xxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx
Xlibrary=1
Xintex=1
Xhotkey=1
XJump=1
Xtray=1
Xmodernskin=1
Xaudio=1
Xwma=1
Xmid=1