Pegagruz - Pegasus/Famicom/NES/Famiclone DIY zine

• 4 weeks later...

Exploring MSN writing services https://www.nursingpaper.com/msn-writing-service/ and it looks like a solid option for anyone pursuing a Master’s in Nursing. The service claims to offer specialized help tailored to MSN students, which sounds promising. Balancing advanced coursework and professional responsibilities can be tough, so having reliable writing support can really make a difference. Anyone here tried their service? Would love to hear about your experience and if it helped lighten your workload

Edited by gh65

On 5/29/2024 at 9:19 AM, Tripredacus said:

Hmm I am just aware of the Pegasus system.

No wonder, they were sold mostly in the third world. Most importantly, they belong to the grey "market of unlicensed NES hardware clones emerged during the climax of the console's popularity". 

For example: "In particular, the Dendy (Russian: Де́нди), an unlicensed hardware clone produced in Taiwan and sold in the former Soviet Union".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_Entertainment_System

"Famiclone" OP writes about here is a pirated version of official products.

Not sure how to translate Pegagruz, but it looks like that one is also pirated,

6 hours ago, Saxon said:

Not sure how to translate Pegagruz, but it looks like that one is also pirated,

From what I learnt at the academy, "gruz" is extensively used in Russia and Eastern Bloc's military codes. For example, Gruz 200 means  - dead Russky. Gruz 300 means severely wounded Russky, with no chance to be in combat any time soon, needs mending asap. So my guess "gruz" translates to something like "burden", "weight", "ballast".

3 hours ago, D.Draker said:

From what I learnt at the academy, "gruz" is extensively used in Russia and Eastern Bloc's military codes. For example, Gruz 200 means  - dead Russky. Gruz 300 means severely wounded Russky, with no chance to be in combat any time soon, needs mending asap. So my guess "gruz" translates to something like "burden", "weight", "ballast".

Oh, thanks, I now get it! It means "load", most likely. 

14 hours ago, Dixel said:

No wonder, they were sold mostly in the third world. Most importantly, they belong to the grey "market of unlicensed NES hardware clones emerged during the climax of the console's popularity". 

For example: "In particular, the Dendy (Russian: Де́нди), an unlicensed hardware clone produced in Taiwan and sold in the former Soviet Union".

The Pegasus NES was sold in Poland. Dendy system were more of a thing people knew existed but didn't know about, more popular to know about than the Pegasus. I wouldn't consider Russia to even be a country to use as an example for famiclone proliferation, rather Hong Kong was the primary source for those. 

On translations, "just aware" meaning that I've heard of it before, not to mean that I just heard of it from this link. One of my side-projects is research into international release of computers and video games.

Gruz is Polish word, not Russian, as one would expect that a book written in Polish would be using their own words. It translates to "rubble" as per Google translate, so I wonder if it is to mean "junk" like "retrojunk" type thing people from English speaking countries may refer to something as. Maybe a Polish speaking user can post here what the title is supposed to mean.

13 hours ago, Tripredacus said:

It translates to "rubble" as per Google translate, so I wonder if it is to mean "junk" like "retrojunk" type thing people from English speaking countries may refer to something as.

Actually, it's pretty close to the Russkies' meaning, out-of-service combatants. 

Gruz is Polish word, not Russian

Gruz is officially used in Russia language as a very common word, I had seen it through numerous documents I worked on when studying them, though I wouldn't be surprised if the word is of Polish origins. Russia language has tons of French and German words. I sometimes wonder if they have their own at all. The core of their language is based on a gimped version of old Greek, adding numerous European words later on, then simplified for the local use and pronunciation.

Dendy system

Was produced at a Russian military installation factory in Zelenograd (Federal subject: Moscow), I again know this from now non-secret documents. The second manufacturing site was somewhere in Taiwan.

Considering the fact it was sold throughout the whole Combloc, including Poland, it was a big market. But then again, the OP might be too young to remember.