On 4/18/2024 at 10:31 AM, D.Draker said:

Not long after "Alex F." edited his profile and changed location from Russia to US.

can you prove with facts he's not actually living in the USA ? :huh:

if memory serves me right the USA location has been there long before the reddit user's drama.

3 hours ago, Milkinis said:

can you prove with facts he's not actually living in the USA ? :huh:

if memory serves me right the USA location has been there long before the reddit user's drama.

I don't have to prove anything to anyone, I only wrote what I saw a very long time ago, I don't have a github account, I don't follow what's up there. But someone who distributes cr*cks would logically want to hide the real location, no? 

BTW, the username is still very Russian, and his English speaks for itself. By this very logic you would demand proof win32 is from Canada, right? As for me, I'm 100% certain win32 is from Canada.

Alex F., on other hand, well, you know. In any case, don't use the browser if you're worried. Solved.

@Sampei.Nihira's favourite "Encrypted ClientHello" - is missing from this browser:buehehe:

https://github.com/Alex313031/Thorium-Win/issues/199

As it was introduced quite a long time ago, in 115(?) or so, how can we be sure it's indeed v.122, and not that faked old engine 115 from the old China port?

@NotHereToPlayGames, what do you think?

Alex. F. didn't respond, so far.

30 minutes ago, D.Draker said:

As it was introduced quite a long time ago, in 115(?) or so, how can we be sure it's indeed v.122, and not that faked old engine 115 from the old China port?

I personally WANT a v114 !!! released of Thorium and Supermium.  114...  114...  114...

I have ZERO need for v122 and ZERO need for chasing Chrome with the whatever update they release every five d#mn days or so.

BOTH of these projects, IMHO, should revert to v114 !!!

Only AFTER the kinks are worked out and v114 is STABLE should these developers start chasing Chrome's every five d#mn days update schedule.

20 hours ago, ED_Sln said:

@Dave-H

Thorium has the setting you need, in chrome://flags #close-window-with-last-tab toggle to "Never" and the browser will no longer shut down when you close the last tab.

Thank you so much, that's great!
Perhaps rather strangely as it's superficially so similar, that option does not seem to exist in Supermium.
:no:

24 minutes ago, Dave-H said:

Perhaps rather strangely as it's superficially so similar, that option does not seem to exist in Supermium.

That's because that flag is originally an Official Ungoogled Chromium flag and Supermium hasn't (yet) started importing patches from Ungoogled repository.

2 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Only AFTER the kinks are worked out and v114 is STABLE

I can't talk for W10 users like you but the 118 on W7 is as much stable as chrome 360.

1 hour ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

I have NO USE for Thorium or Supermium on my Win10 machines.

I don't know whether Supermium would be my primary browser on W11 or the like.

maybe Vivaldi or Cent because I like to see my (hundreds) of bookmarks listed over multiple columns (360 chrome feature) rather than having to scroll nonstop down or set the tabs under the URL bar also 360 chrome feature

Edited by Milkinis