Windows 11 Is The Worst Windows Ever Period.

legacyfan

i held out for as long as i possible could but this new microsoft that's arisen over the past few years is not the one i knew and grew up on with windows 11 they have taking what once was a spectacular os and made it into a flashy os just for looks 

Edited by legacyfan

I completely agree.

8 hours ago, legacyfan said:

i held out for as long as i possible could but this new microsoft that's arisen over the past few years is not the one i knew and grew up on with windows 11 they have taking what once was a spectacular os and made it into a flashy os just for looks 

Image how difficult will be for somebody, who has never used Pentium I with Windows 98, to understand how fast Windows was back in the day in a hardware that was 100 times slower  than the one we have nowadays.

Now... ¿how is this possible? or ¿what is happening? 

Possible solution: ¿Time to get back to SERVICE PACKS?

It feels like a BETA OS Since Windows 10 1607. Windows as a Service isn't the path to follow, MS. This is completely no sense:
https://winclassic.net/thread/1652/list-metro-ified-components-windows

Current Windows status can be only understood in one way: nowadays hardware, even the cheapest laptop, comes with tons of RAM and disk space to waste... 

It's a bit sad how all has changed after w8.1.... we are in the last days of computers. Sometimes I think if MS is only testing Windows on a highend PC, even if this is true, the OS feels like a beta; slow gui, lag... tons of background processes... 

It was one day an (almost) perfect Operating System and not this kind of beta "Service"

Edited by sonyu

• 2 weeks later...

thank Satya Nadella for that crap

its much cheaper for users to be beta testers than actual programmers / devs
its even miracle they still have their Build Labs

Edited by vinifera

• 3 weeks later...

Beware: Win11 KB5035853 Cumulative Update may cause stuttering and other performance problems

https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/beware-win11-kb5035853-cumulative-update-may-cause-stuttering-and-other-performance-problems.320337/

KB in question:

March 12, 2024—KB5035853 (OS Builds 22621.3296 and 22631.3296) - Microsoft Support

support.microsoft.com support.microsoft.com

On 3/11/2024 at 7:02 PM, sonyu said:

...we are in the last days of computers...

<OT>This is so disheartening, but I also think this is true and people (given the choice) can get by with just a good cell phone nowadays. I'm the ONLY one where I reside that owns a desktop computer (actually 2 desktop computers) .... everybody else is just fine and happy with their phones. I don't like phones at all and I really don't like to talk on a phone. I talk on a phone maybe 1 time a week to my therapist. <OT>

Edited by XPerceniol

<OT>What's even more disheartening is that from time-to-time people need to use my computer to print and I DO NOT like anybody but me touching my devices; period!<OT>

Edited by XPerceniol

On the bright side, I like the extended support for compressed archives. I've been using the good 'ol QTTabBar for several years now, it has the function to open folder in-place, a sort of popup with folder content appears if you click the down arrow that appears when hovering over certain spot with mouse near the folder. Extended support for such archives (7Z, TAR, RAR...) means the function works for peeking inside those as well, not just ZIPs.

On 4/17/2024 at 1:14 AM, XPerceniol said:

from time-to-time people need to use my computer to print

Is it an older printer? If it's semi-modern printer, chances are they could just print from their phones.

20 hours ago, UCyborg said:

Is it an older printer? If it's semi-modern printer, chances are they could just print from their phones.

OH yeah, its an old wired HP Deskjet 1000 so unfortunately they actually have to log in from my computer, but trust me, I'm over their shoulder hawking them. Its usually medical stuff anyway and paperwork.

Edited by XPerceniol

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/12/2024 at 1:02 AM, sonyu said:

.... we are in the last days of computers.

On 4/17/2024 at 12:06 AM, XPerceniol said:

This is so disheartening, but I also think this is true and people (given the choice) can get by with just a good cell phone nowadays.

Are we really, though? There's so much computers on the market that I wouldn't have the slightest idea what to buy if I was in the market for a new one.

Admittedly, my interest in computers waned with loss of interest in gaming, and having to do things I dislike on computer at work doesn't help.