26 minutes ago, AstroSkipper said:

Okay! But what do you think about the corresponding error message "Error: TypeError: details is null" on the affected setting pages of uBlock Origin:dubbio: Isn't that an error out by uBO? The variable details belongs to a function on uBO's JavaScript file settings.js.

tried every Export button in uBO in mailnews here but none of them produce such error here.

6 minutes ago, roytam1 said:

tried every Export button in uBO in mailnews here but none of them produce such error here.

Thanks for testing! :) That's of course very strange. :crazy: The posted error message I got on all setting pages providing an export function.

6 minutes ago, AstroSkipper said:

Thanks for testing! :) That's of course very strange. :crazy: The posted error message I got on all setting pages providing an export function.

yeah I got no error there. but no save dialog popup at all.

kH3Awpz.png

12 hours ago, chermany4ever said:

Requires SP3. I clarify for those who use SP2 like me.

7 hours ago, modnar said:

Wow! That's quite something. The SP2 version does have superior fltmgr.dll (filter manager), but with less functions; are you using any updates (a pack?) for SP2 install?  {OFFTOPIC just a wee bit}

Someone already tested on SP2 for your information.

https://github.com/win32ss/supermium/issues/341

5 hours ago, roytam1 said:

yeah I got no error there

Just for testing purpose, I reinstalled the old uBlock Origin 1.16.4.30 version in MailNews. On the Settings tab, I get the "details is null" error caused by the settings.js file, on the Filter lists tab the "listDetails is null" error caused by the 3p-filters.js file and on the My filters tab the "details is null" error caused by the 1p-filters.js file.

Mail-News-u-Block-Origin-Error-Console-2

To reproduce these errors you have to call up each of these tabs and simply reload them via the context menu (right click everywhere on the corresponding site). :)

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

16 hours ago, modnar said:

are you using any updates (a pack?) for SP2 install?  {OFFTOPIC just a wee bit}

Not that I know. As I've said in other threads, I use a cut-down version of XP (UE6). In those versions updates and patches are considered junk that bogs down the system instead of improving it. I also told you all that I like to customise the looks of the system completely and while I tried to use SP3 for greater compatibility it always gave me a lot of problems and could never get anything to work. That's why I'm sticking with SP2.

Thanks mina7601 and VistaLover for communicating that exists SP2 compatibility for Supermium. I try to stay tuned but you guys are always many steps ahead. Thank you very much indeed.

12 hours ago, roytam1 said:

yeah I got no error there. but no save dialog popup at all.

kH3Awpz.png

8 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

Yep, that's the actual problem.

It is worth mentioning that in MailNews (and I would suspect Thunderbird, generally) does not show the Save Dialog box except for downloading of attachments or where the resource to download is navigated via the Start Page (Home Page) functionality.  If one were to browse a webpage In MailNews and click a link to try to download something, the save prompt does not happen.  Right-clicking on an item that and choosing to save a file, where available (like for pictures), can still be done.

I would guess that uBlock Origin relies on the browser normal process of presenting the dialog box, which is something that in MailNews is not provided or provided by default. The legacy uBlock Origin extension, although it does support Thunderbird, seems lacking in many areas and some things are rather quirky.  Perhaps at the uBlock Origin legacy extension's final point in its development, Thunderbird compatibility was not well adjusted in the extension. My impression is that the uBlock Orign legacy extension was first developed for Mozilla Web browsers, then (incompletely) adapted for the Thunderbird email client derivative(s).

My opinion is that it is still better to use the uBlock Origin extension with MailNews than to not.

Edited by Ascii2

12 hours ago, roytam1 said:

Yes, that the tabs are hidden is what I was showing to be the problem.  It appears that the tabs have been truncated at the top, at just under the header tabs of the "Attachments" main group.  Normally in Thunderbird (and usually derivative clients), the header tabs content does not truncate. The "Outgoing" header tab can still be activated by clicking the "Attachments" group header, tapping the Tab key, and then using Ctrl+Tab to toggle the tabs.

1 hour ago, reboot12 said:

github is badly displaying the code and the horizontal scrolling bar does not work in Serpent 52.9.0:

github.png

1 hour ago, reboot12 said:

In my browser New Moon 28 (32-bit) 2024-02-23), the code seems to look okay. In full windows size, there is of course no need to scroll horizontally, only vertically. But if I reduce the size of the window, however, I can confirm your issue with horizontal scrolling. Here is a screenshot to show this issue taken from New Moon 28:

NM28-Git-Hub-Horizontal-scrolling.png

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

42 minutes ago, reboot12 said:

github is badly displaying the code and the horizontal scrolling bar does not work in Serpent 52.9.0:

github.png

I can confirm this. Code is also displayed outside the box and also clicking the scrollbar just moves the scrollbar, but the code doesn't scroll horizontal.

Edited by mina7601