Windows 8.1 Intel UHD 630 Display Drivers on Coffee Lake?

FantasyAcquiesce

Hello MSFN,

I possess a Dell Inspiron 3670 with an i3-8100 CPU, but am having one last issue with this desktop: a display driver. My hardware is entirely supported and my resolution is good, but I am stuck with the generic Microsoft driver for display.

Is there a Windows 8.1 driver in existence or would attempting to spoof the OS version make any difference? If not, is there a good generic universal driver that could take the place of this driver? I do not need the desktop for heavy 3D activities- just basic streaming and word processing.

Thank you for your time.

8 hours ago, TSNH said:

Apparently someone has modified those drivers for Windows 7 and the are supposed to work on 8.1 too.

https://winraid.level1techs.com/t/intel-uhd-graphics-630-video-driver-for-win7-x64/33098/353?u=moline

I know nothing about them so use on your own risk.

I can confirm that these work with 8.1. You will need to disable driver signature enforcement for these to work, however, and, at least in my case, the drivers will sometimes revert to the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter randomly, but your experience may differ of course!

16 hours ago, TSNH said:

Apparently someone has modified those drivers for Windows 7 and the are supposed to work on 8.1 too.

https://winraid.level1techs.com/t/intel-uhd-graphics-630-video-driver-for-win7-x64/33098/353?u=moline

I know nothing about them so use on your own risk.

Thank you! It turns out DeathBringer's modified INF + drivers did the trick here. :)

I had to disable driver signature enforcement and thing works like a charm on my Dell Inspiron 3670. ^o^

Capture.PNG

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/29/2023 at 6:49 AM, FantasyAcquiesce said:

I had to disable driver signature enforcement and thing works like a charm on my Dell Inspiron 3670. ^o^

Just use Driver Signature Enforcement Overrider and you will get rid of the annoying windows popups and the such.