Future of Chromium on older Windows 10 versions and RTM.

Dixel

3 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

On your Win10 1511, do you have a "System and compressed memory" process always running at 15% to 30% for CPU when sitting IDLE?

Win10 1607 on the same exact laptop idles at 1% to 3%.

This topic is not about OS differences, please make your own.

3 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

On your Win10 1511, do you have a "System and compressed memory" process always running at 15% to 30% for CPU when sitting IDLE?

Win10 1607 on the same exact laptop idles at 1% to 3%.

People warned you not waste time on 1511. Especially since they fixed the issue with chrome.

Edited by Cocodile
Double post bug

8 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

No, more like 1-3%.

I remember I've had a similar problem with a fresh Windows 8 installation where after like 5 minutes of idle time the "system" process would use 30% of CPU until you click a mouse button or do just about anything.

It stopped the next day, so likely some kind of post-installation schedule thing.

Many companies these days observe what's going on with their PR on social media with the help of AI, so the theory is quite valid.

Chrome devs look like the ones who would it. Example, Opera has embedded AI for several versions already.

But like I wrote before, we have to wait, because 119 is still beta.

23 minutes ago, Dixel said:

so the theory is quite valid

Yes, but also just a theory.  Without the company's web site saying right there in black and white for all to read, "Due to discussions at MSFN, we have altered our policy so as to avoid any possible bad PR", then this theory is nothing but SPECULATION.

And let's face it, if I posted such SPECULATION here at MSFN, we would have a small "gang" of three or four MSFN Members make it their mission to "run me out of town".  West Side Story.

AI is not a mature technology yet.  AI can be "wrong" just as easily as it can be "right".  No mature company is going to rewrite corporate policies based on some AI feed giving them "misinformation".

But anyway, lol.  I'll leave it for the "gang" to settle.  :buehehe:

Edited by NotHereToPlayGames

13 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Yes, but also just a theory.  Without the company's web site saying right there in black and white for all to read, "Due to discussions at MSFN, we have altered our policy so as to avoid any possible bad PR", then this theory is nothing but SPECULATION.

And let's face it, if I posted such SPECULATION here at MSFN, we would have a small "gang" of three or four MSFN Members make it their mission to "run me out of town".  West Side Story.

AI is not a mature technology yet.  AI can be "wrong" just as easily as it can be "right".  No mature company is going to rewrite corporate policies based on some AI feed giving them "misinformation".

But anyway, lol.  I'll leave it for the "gang" to settle.  :buehehe:

It's like @Cocodilesaid, one hell of a coincidence to be just a "speculation". How do you know about AI? Do you work with it? Yes, I agree with you, let's hope the Kamshersky gang don't show up here, without them we're having a nice, calm conversation.

And I'm pretty sure @Cocodilewas joking about punishments, he will let you go free.:buehehe:

33 minutes ago, Dixel said:

It's like @Cocodilesaid, one hell of a coincidence to be just a "speculation".

I will accept @AstroSkipper's perspective on this - but he cannot "agree with you just because it is you", WAY too much of that going on here at MSFN.

Him being a mathematician will surely not accept "theoretical speculative heresay" over mathematic logic and reasoning.

That is, if he's even inclined to comment.  Totally up to him, of course.

This "theoretical speculative heresay" would never hold up "in court of law", as the saying goes.

Under a paradigm of theoretical speculative arguments, one must admit that one can claim ANYTHING that they want, no matter how far-fetched, and place it under an umbrella of "theoretical cause and effect" versus a true Scientific Approach.

I'm being serious, just ponder for a moment the MOUNTAINS of arguments one could EASILY pass off as "reality" if speculation and "the help of AI" were our Litmus Test.

*I* could claim that *I* invented anti-lock brakes because I slid off the road in the Winter of 1970 and posted something at MSFN regarding the incident and that post was THEORETICALLY "data mined" before the term AI ever became mainstream.

We like to claim Google reads MSFN and creates google-isms based on that reading - sorry, it's not happening, it's just our minds creating our own reality.

The difference between reality, illusion, and imagination is not that big of a psychological concept - the difference exists solely within one's mind.

My mind.  Your mind.  Insert-name-here's mind.  I work in Engineering.  If there isn't DATA and NUMBERS to "back it up", then it doesn't exist.

24 minutes ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

I will accept @AstroSkipper's perspective on this

Hello guys! I noticed that you mentioned me. Unfortunately, I have not followed everything in detail. Therefore, I would be happy to know which view on which matter is involved here. I have said so many things, so a little tip for an old fart would be quite helpful. :buehehe:

Edited by AstroSkipper
correction

5 minutes ago, AstroSkipper said:

Hello guys! I noticed that you mentioned me. Unfortunately, I have not followed everything in detail. Therefore, I would be happy to know which view on which matter is involved here. I have said so many things, so a little tip for an old fart would be quite helpful. :buehehe:

A fellow MSFN Member is claiming that the reason that Chrome version 119 works in Windows 10 1507 is because the creators of Chrome read MSFN posts and was afraid of bad PR if they didn't make v119 work in 1507.

The claim is that it is just too much of a coincidence for this to have happened without Google reading MSFN posts and making software decisions based on those posts.

No taking sides!

So I guess the question is technically a "yes or no" question.

Would a mathematical mind that follows the Scientific Method claim a gigantic software company makes software decisions based on posts here at MSFN that THEORETICALLY could be "data-mined" by AI as part of Google's marketing department agenda to "avoid bad PR"?

30 minutes ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

A fellow MSFN Member is claiming that the reason that Chrome version 119 works in Windows 10 1507 is because the creators of Chrome read MSFN posts and was afraid of bad PR if they didn't make v119 work in 1507.

The claim is that it is just too much of a coincidence for this to have happened without Google reading MSFN posts and making software decisions based on those posts.

No taking sides!

25 minutes ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

So I guess the question is technically a "yes or no" question.

Would a mathematical mind that follows the Scientific Method claim a gigantic software company makes software decisions based on posts here at MSFN that THEORETICALLY could be "data-mined" by AI as part of Google's marketing department agenda to "avoid bad PR"?

I think that in these times, where AI is being used more and more, anything is conceivable. Nowadays, even pupils and students have their papers or other essays written by an AI. Ultimately, however, every theory has to be proven, in whatever but correct way. Nevertheless, in today's times, I believe everything is possible. So, the question is not so easy to answer in a Boolean way as you stated. nimportequoi.gifTo do this, one would have to analyse the data collected by Google and the Chrome developers, which is not so easy for outsiders. Unless you are a genius hacker. 
matrix.gif
Or, statements would have to be found somewhere that suggest that MSFN actually exerts such a great influence. :P

Edited by AstroSkipper
correction

Agreed.  That's my take also.  Until when-and-only-when we see a Google Bug Report specifically cite MSFN, then NO, they don't base their development from our "rants".

Same goes for REDDIT.  I promise you, and any search engine is "the proof is in the pudding", for every ONE "rant" regarding Google here at MSFN, there are TWO HUNDRED over at Reddit.

Google isn't "listening" to Reddit as far as altering development as far as trying to "prevent bad PR".

I kind of think we "see ourselves" as much more "influential" than we really are.

"Nobody is listening."