Windows 11 Worth The Upgrade (Or Downgrade?)

legacyfan

is windows 11 good enough yet to upgrade to it? I'm considering upgrading my windows 10 to 11 and was wondering if anyone has had a good experience with or not if anyone could help this it would be much appreciated

Edited by legacyfan

If you don't mind the limited taskbar functionality (no taskbar resizing, moving it to sides like to the top, left or right, no taskbar buttons grouping, no small icons), I'd say go for it. I've been on Windows 11 for almost 2 years, and it's ok with me.

Edited by mina7601

7 minutes ago, mina7601 said:

If you don't mind the limited taskbar functionality (no taskbar resizing, moving it to sides like to the top, left or right, no taskbar buttons grouping, no small icons), I'd say go for it. I've been on Windows 11 for almost 2 years, and it's ok with me.

ok im downloading the media creation tool and will be install windows 11 shortly I also found the model of the 1030 I have supports windows 11 (I have the newer model)

Edited by legacyfan

On 4/7/2023 at 9:08 AM, legacyfan said:

is windows 11 good enough yet to upgrade to it? I'm considering upgrading my windows 10 to 11 and was wondering if anyone has had a good experience with or not if anyone could help this it would be much appreciated

still not ok for me.... win10 still the best for my work

Honestly, there's no "real" reason to upgrade to Windows 11 right now. Windows 10 is still supported and as long as it is meeting your needs, it's fine. I just built myself a newer computer and decided to run Windows 10 LTSC on it rather than going back with Windows 11. Works just fine! Windows 11, one of the things I'm not liking about it right now is the jumbled-up mess the setting panel is. There's little rhyme or reason to its structure when the Control Panel felt a heck of a lot more functional and quicker than what this mess is. Windows 11 just puts more and more into the settings menu from the control panel. But hey, if that's not an issue for you, then go with Windows 11. Although there seems to be a bit of an issue that I haven't tracked down the root cause of it but if you have an explorer window open and you're playing a game or even doing something in a browser, the explorer window will hijack your screen and minimize whatever you were just in. It might have something to do with explorer refreshing but I don't know but I do know it's annoying.

I upgrade the OS if I spot a killer feature or characteristic I must have. So far, I seem to have always fallen for something, long before new application compatibility became a concern. For Win10, it was paging algorithm, how notifications work, I also noticed web browsers are a bit more responsive (I spend a lot of time in a web browser) and using Sound Blaster X-Fi MB3 with surround option enabled doesn't silence Windows' "Navigation Start" sound (though I've since re-configured sound settings and I don't use that option while on the desktop anymore, but it's good to know that part works more correctly).

Win11 currently doesn't have anything I must have right now and my current stance is "they're gonna have to pry those window borders from my cold dead hands". OK, I do use the customized theme for those borders in Win10 so they're not just 1px, which I've put some work into and I'll enjoy it for as long as possible.

Perhaps switch to Win11 or future Win12 may be necessary at some point, but I won't ponder on hypothetical future. May not even be alive by then.

Edited by UCyborg

• 2 weeks later...

windows 11 is still not quite ready yet (it still has a  little bit of issue's to it) and will be sticking with the ltsc builds of windows 10 until they fix this or move to linux permanently someday 

Edited by legacyfan

3 hours ago, legacyfan said:

windows 11 is still not quite ready yet (it still a little bit of issue to it) and I will stick with the ltsc builds of windows 10 until this fixed or move to linux permanently someday (as a backup plan)

Windows 11 will never be "ready". no one wants to use 11, just stick with ltsc release (seems like Windows 11 Home x64 is your main os lol).

22 minutes ago, Teeotsa said:

Windows 11 will never be "ready". no one wants to use 11, just stick with ltsc release (seems like Windows 11 Home x64 is your main os lol).

I'm on ltsc 2019 as my main os (not windows 11)

Edited by legacyfan

Just now, legacyfan said:

I'm on ltsc 2019 as my main os (not windows 11)

I guess you should update your description or whatever it is then? 

HP 8300 Elite :CPU: Intel Core i5-3750 RAM‎: 8 GB DDR3 Hard Drive‎:500 GB HDD (Empty) 1TB HDD With Windows 11 Home x64 (Main OS) Graphics: ‎Intel HD Graphics 2500/GT 1030 Chipset: Intel

• 2 weeks later...

It depends on your preference. I personally have not updated my PC at home yet, although my laptop is on it just because I upgraded it at some point. I haven't bothered to downgrade it at all. So it is really up to you, if you think the changes are something you can get used to, or if you'd prefer to find other options.