ArcticFoxie/NotHereToPlayGames -- 360Chrome v13.5.2036 rebuild 1

4 hours ago, Dixel said:

Yes, I got the same error on this browser. I've tried several user agents, including mobile android, no luck. Guess I won't order LG, and go buy a Philips instead.

this script doesn't work with other sites that report the same error code and it apparently breaks othe sites

so far it's been 1 website out of many I regularly visit but it's gonna be a headhache if more and more sites become unusable without patches

chrome 86 is not like IE6 yet but everytime I think on this I get mad 

1 hour ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

I use Tampermonkey 4.13 and have not had any issues with it.  I prefer it over Violentmonkey.  The "matched scripts" of Violentmonkey seems nice though.

FWIW I use OrangeMonkey!
I like it very much.
Are all these monkeys from the same species, I wonder?
:lol:

1 hour ago, Milkinis said:

this script doesn't work with other sites that report the same error code and it apparently breaks othe sites

so far it's been 1 website out of many I regularly visit but it's gonna be a headhache if more and more sites become unusable without patches

You have to provide the website's URL in order for the script to be improved.

Otherwise, it's a bit akin to just being a Negative Nancy or we have to assume it's a website you shouldn't be on in the first place because you "can't" share the URL.

1 hour ago, Dave-H said:

FWIW I use OrangeMonkey!

That's a new one, never heard of it.  What pros/cons to it versus Violentmonkey or Tampermonkey?

I actually "heavily" modify my Tampermonkey but instructions on how or why very likely cannot be discussed herein.

On 7/13/2023 at 8:59 PM, NotHereToPlayGames said:

actually continue to use 360Chrome v13.5.2036 daily.

It would be strange if you didn't. :cool:

Mypal is unstable.

That is simply not true. Mypal 68 is very stable in single-process mode. :yes: Moreover, @feodor2 has made a special effort in the last two releases to ensure stability even in multi-process mode, apparently successfully. And the best of all, this browser is actively being developed further :thumbup. I personally do not use this browser in multiprocess mode at all. But all I can say is that Mypal 68 in single-process mode runs super stable and is the only browser in my Windows XP system that has not crashed once. I can't say that about any other browser. :no:

NONE of Roytam's offerings allow phone calls from Google Voice (I do not own a "phone", everything is done via Google Voice).

@roytam1's browsers are absolutely great, but Google service are always problematic on these browsers. Google stuff works without any problems on Android tablets and smartphones. I am additionally an Android user, and I am writing this comment from my Android tablet as most of my posts. But, I personally never used Google Voice. No trust, no need! :no: I talk to others either personally or call them by (smart)phoneg031.gif telephone-portable.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

On Friday, March 31, 2023 at 5:30 AM, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Download links -

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ddn966t73s5g22f/360ChromePortable_13.5.2036_r1_ungoogled.zip?dl=1

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5pnmj58ugy6bi9g/360ChromePortable_13.5.2036_r1_regular.zip?dl=1

Regular version maintains Chrome Web Store and embedded Google Translate.

Ungoogled intentionally breaks Chrome Web Store and removed embedded Google Translate.

I am using the regular version of Chrome 13.5.2036_r1.

I enable auto page translation.

when I am asked to pick a language for translation, English is greyed out.

I did the search both ways in hex and it didnt enable English.

I just would like to enable the "english" drop down box. How can this be done?

I do not want to "drop english from chrome, but enable it".

2 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

That's a new one, never heard of it.  What pros/cons to it versus Violentmonkey or Tampermonkey?

Having never used the others, I can't really comment.
I just found OrangeMonkey very easy to use, with a very good user interface.
:)

4 hours ago, Milkinis said:

when you try to log in you get that error message https://uk.wallapop.com/

Appears to me to be a DIFFERENT error message and NOT associated with randomUUID().

Please provide a screencap where you are seeing randomUUID() in the error console.

Note that this is a "two-stage" error, you will not get the randomUUID() error until AFTER to fix/polyfill the Object.hasOwn error (which I also did NOT see at wallapop).

For our LG example, you get this error with no polyfills fixed -

image.png.9ad6e5b1a522825bcbe11bf004f71613.png

Only AFTER you fix that error, will you then get this error -

image.png.4ebc504a43ce31ffffd4944f80752846.png

Only after fixing the first error that brings the second error then fixing the second error will the LG site work correctly -

image.png.e2cb99c95722917a7030dfef00943293.png

7 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:
12 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

Mypal 68 is very stable in single-process mode.

Quite possible.  But I do NOT use nor "support" single-process browsers in 2023!

Unlike 360Chrome, everyone can decide for themselves whether they want to use Mypal 68 in single-process or multiprocess mode
5818.png
I only said that I prefer the very stable single-process mode because of my low-power Windows XP computer. But this does not mean that multiprocess mode is unstable. :no: On the contrary! It is supposed to be quite stable by now. :yes: With Mypal 68, the code, especially with regard to the JavaScript engine, which is now at level 78, is constantly being developed and corrected by @feodor2. Maybe, your observations in terms of stability are not up-to-date. :dubbio: Here is a link to the most recent release of Mypal 68 in the version  68.13.2b
https://github.com/Feodor2/Mypal68/releases/download/68.13.2b/mypal-68.13.2.en-US.win32.zip

7 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

spacer.png

:OT
I see you like my self-created smiley I allowed you to grab. Enjoy it! d010.gif
:End of OT

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

1 hour ago, AstroSkipper said:

Maybe, your observations in terms of stability are not up-to-date.

Technically, I only echoed other reports (MSFN, reddit, GitHub, XP Forums, Twitter, Vogons (this one is not as "recent" of a report)).  Several users have reported stability issues.  But all remind everyone that it is still "beta".
I myself do not use Mypal because I hate the raccoon icon.  I know that's not a "real" reason to not use it, but it is MY reason for not using it and we all have our own "likes" and "dislikes".

spacer.png

Although, I am "in the market" for a browser update.
My XP x64 remains my DOMINANT DEFAULT "everyday" computer.
This very thread's v13.5.2036 is this computer's default web browser.
Technically it's not a "default", I do NOT set up operating systems to have a "default" web browser - you can NOT open HTML links from email clients, you can NOT open HTML links from desktop shortcuts, apps can NOT launch a web site, et cetera).

My SECONDARY browser used to be BNAV 20210820.
like its interface.

image.png.02690e386cdb6a46ed9710b66989e59e.png

But Google Voice instant messaging no longer works for BNAV 20210820 (and instant messaging is the ONLY reason I use a secondary so that I can clear primary browser sessions throughout the day but keep secondary instant messaging running all day).
Google Voice for PHONE CALLS do not work in ANY of the Roytam offereings (haven't for a few years), but the instant messaging side does and it's nice to have a SECONDARY running "on the side" for this function and this function ONLY.
I have ZERO use for ANYTHING other than 360Chrome outside of ONE function - instant messaging "on the side" while enabling me to close browser sessions on my PRIMARY.
Instant messaging does work in newer BNAV versions, but I hate the newer interface and will not use it (sure, it's probably able to be reverted, I have not dived that deep and likely will not).
No diferent from users not using my 360Chrome because they don't like the XP skin.  We all have "likes" and "dislikes".

image.png.10cdf3596239c326ed8deb0e19dd6640.png

spacer.png

My current SECONDARY was recently changed to NM28 2022-04-29. (first version with telemetry removals in the changelog and recent enough that Google Voice instant messaging works).
It is "single-process" but I only use it for ONE tab (Google Voice instant messaging).

If there is a way to REPLACE the Mypal raccoon logo, I might give it a run as my secondary.
But nope, will not run with the raccoon.

spacer.png

Edited by NotHereToPlayGames

19 minutes ago, AstroSkipper said:

You avoid a browser due to an icon with a nice raccoon? :dubbio: Seriously? 🦝

Yep!  You bet your butt!  It's not that uncommon.  Look at the reaction by non-XP users (at dozens of sites, not just here at MSFN) that will not use a 360Chrome browser because of it having an XP skin.  That is not really any different, is it?

We all have out "likes" and "dislikes" and we should not expect them to "make sense" to others.  Basically akin to "the heart wants what the heart wants" when you see people in an ABUSIVE relationship but STAY because "the heart wants what the heart wants".

Edited by NotHereToPlayGames

6 minutes ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Yep!  You bet your butt!  It's not that uncommon.  Look at the reaction by non-XP users (at dozens of sites, not just here at MSFN) that will not use a 360Chrome browser because of it having an XP skin.  That is not really any different, is it?

We all have out "likes" and "dislikes" and we should not expect them to "make sense" to others.  Basically akin to "the hear wants what the heart wants" when you see people in an ABUSIVE relationship but STAY because "the heart wants what the heart wants".

Spoken for me only (but I think many others may agree) I couldn't care less. I am not really interested in any skins or icon design inside a browser. :no: The browser and its capabilities are what really interest me. :yes: And one thing is clear, the choice under Windows XP is limited due to well-known reasons. 
whereisit-2.gif