ArcticFoxie/NotHereToPlayGames -- 360Chrome v13.5.2036 rebuild 1

14 minutes ago, Milkinis said:

(not sure why you dislike phones though)

I find them to be the RUDEST and most OBNOXIOUS invention EVER.

NOT because people walk around in public while on them, NOT because people stand in line at the grocery store while on them, NOT because people are so ADDICTED to the screen that they will WALK IN FRONT OF A VEHICLE.

No, they are the RUDEST and most OBNOXIOUS invention EVER because if you don't answer your phone by the third ring, you are accused by the person calling you for screening your calls.

RUDEST and most OBNOXIOUS invention EVER because if you don't reply to a text within two minutes, the person texting you accuses you of being mad at them.

RUDEST and most OBNOXIOUS invention EVER not because of the RECIPIENT of the phone call or text message, but by the person SENDING the phone call or text message thinking THEY are so important that the recipient MUST drop anything and everything!

RUDEST and most OBNOXIOUS invention EVER !!!

5 minutes ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

I had one once.  Way back in 2001 when I relocated half way across the State

"Exactly, THAT is why I am cancelling, 6 minutes in 2 years, I have no use for a phone, period, please cancel my service."

ILLINOIS ?

well, if you need Google voice IP system you have some use for a phone unless you want to stay alone away from your familiy members

I text family members at least a dozen times a day.  But always from a DESKTOP COMPUTER.

NOTHING is so important that I need to text from a stop light!

NOTHING is so important that I need to be ADDICTED to a mobile device with my eyes GLUED TO IT xxx minutes of every day.

Try going without your phone for 24 hours then tell me you are NOT addicted to it!

I have no need for the ADDICTION and my life is AWESOME without the ADDICTION.

"To each their own."

4 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:
6 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

I've reported on several occasions that 360Chrome should NOT be viewed as something to carry XP into the next decade.

It is/was a stop-gap to allow us "time" to migrate away from XP.

copy paste from reddit

''Having the older OS's working on modern hardware would be awesome, and makes the most sense.

New OS's are f****** cash grabs disguised as "security updates" and "improved/expanded functionality".

And while the companies and tech journos tout that the newest OS for MS/Apple is so secure, and has fewest exploits compared to any previous OS's, malicious actors always find a way to catch up and make new viruses/malware for the new OS's.

It boggles my mind that if these engineers are so smart, why don't they just fix vulnerabilities through service updates...

...but they actually can do this. And they do every so often on each OS.

But planned obsolence is a huge factor in production, from appliances to software, so the plan is of course to push a new OS soon. After all, the world would most certainly end if we weren't forced to prop up the economy by spending our hard earned/hard taxed money.

And it doesn't even matter to the big players that some people will pirate the next OS; they know that the majority, especially enterprise organizations and educational facilities, will purchase them in bulk.

Cha-f******-ching. Into perpetuity.

*whew*

Rant over.''

I tried searching for the string without success. I also get a failed translate message because of server.

Is there a way to restore functionality?

Function: Drop Translate to English from Chrome mode page context menu (1 occurrence)
replace: C0 FB 8D 86 F0 02 00 00 50 E8
with: C0 FB E9 E6 00 00 00 90 50 E8

image.png.7c7777ebada5fdffbb1b5272410b71fc.png

image.png.0f40796a66afb838146df102124e92fc.png

image.png.27f403f5a69b2518d98338d7d52decee.png

Edited by verta

22 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Mypal is unstable.  NONE of Roytam's offerings allow phone calls from Google Voice (I do not own a "phone", everything is done via Google Voice).

Thanks for warning! Mind if I ask, then why there's so much noise around them? I took a big break from this website, I really thought they finally surpassed Chrome 86 (360) after all these years.

JS Polyfill for randomUUID() - implemented in chrome 92.
https://caniuse.com/mdn-api_crypto_randomuuid
! this polyfill only works if "JS polyfill for Object.hasOwn - chrome 93" is also installed !
test site : https://www.lg.com/us/burners-drives/lg-bh16ns40-internal-blu-ray-dvd-drive
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
// ==UserScript==
// @name Inject randomUUID() Polyfill (92)
// @version 0.0.1
// @match *://*/*
// @run-at document-start
// @grant none
// ==/UserScript==

(function (global) {
    if ('crypto' in global && 'getRandomValues' in global.crypto && 'Uint8Array' in global) {
        // getRandomValues is fast and produces good UUID's
        global.crypto.randomUUID = function randomUUID() {
            return ([1e7] + -1e3 + -4e3 + -8e3 + -1e11).replace(/[018]/g, function (c) {
                return (c ^ global.crypto.getRandomValues(new global.Uint8Array(1))[0] & 15 >> c / 4).toString(16);
            });
        };
    } else {
        if (!('crypto' in global)) {
            global.crypto = {};
        }

var _url = global.URL || global.webkitURL;
        if (('createObjectURL' in _url) && ('Blob' in global) && (function () {
            try {
                _url.createObjectURL(new global.Blob('', { type: 'text/plain' }));
                return true;
            } catch (_) {
                return false;
            }
        }())) {
            // createObjectURL is slower but produces good UUID's (mainly IE 10)
                var objURL = _url.createObjectURL(new global.Blob('', { type: 'text/plain' }));
                if ('revokeObjectURL' in _url) {
                    _url.revokeObjectURL(objURL);
                }

var objURLParts = objURL.split('/');
                var uuid = objURLParts[objURLParts.length - 1];
                if (uuid.indexOf('blob:') === 0) {
                    uuid = uuid.slice(5);
                }

return uuid.toLowerCase();
            };
        } else {
            // Math.random produces poor UUID's but is only needed for IE 8,9 and some other very old browsers.
                return 'xxxxxxxx-xxxx-4xxx-yxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx'.replace(/[xy]/g, function (c) {
                    var r = Math.random() * 16 | 0;
                    var v = c == 'x' ? r : (r & 0x3 | 0x8);
                    return v.toString(16);
                });
            };
        }
    }
}(self));
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is my version, should be same as @rereser though I may have slightly changed the name on my version -

// ==UserScript==
// @name Inject Object.hasOwn() Polyfill [93]
// @version 0.0.1
// @match *://*/*
// @run-at document-start
// @grant none
// ==/UserScript==

if (!Object.hasOwn) {
  Object.defineProperty(Object, "hasOwn", {
    value: function (object, property) {
      if (object == null) {
        throw new TypeError("Cannot convert undefined or null to object")
      }
      return Object.prototype.hasOwnProperty.call(Object(object), property)
    },
    configurable: true,
    enumerable: false,
    writable: true
  })
}

19 hours ago, verta said:

I tried searching for the string without success. I also get a failed translate message because of server.

Is there a way to restore functionality?

image.png.27f403f5a69b2518d98338d7d52decee.png

The native Google translate is dropped for anything below v.103, so try this plugin by a well known German company, as a good solution for your troubles.

https://www.deepl.com/en/chrome-extension