ArcticFoxie/NotHereToPlayGames -- 360Chrome v13.5.2036 rebuild 1

14 minutes ago, Dixel said:

Why not? You'd need to look at the calls to system power APIs the browser makes.

Go for it.

I no longer use 360Chrome as my default browser and will no longer invest my time on it and this was never brought up when I was investing my time on it.

Edited by NotHereToPlayGames

5 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Go for it.

I no longer use 360Chrome as my default browser and will no longer invest my time on it and this was never brought up when I was investing my time on it.

Are you using MyPal?  I did not find it as fast or as stable.

44 minutes ago, Milkinis said:

throwing in the towel already ?

As I believe that 360Chrome 13.5.2036 is the last version of the browser which will run on Windows XP, I see no point in NotHereToPlayGames, or anyone else, doing any further work on it, unless some way of improving its performance or compatibility comes to light.
:)

1 hour ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

I've reported on several occasions that 360Chrome should NOT be viewed as something to carry XP into the next decade.

It is/was a stop-gap to allow us "time" to migrate away from XP.

Are you off Windows XP now or are you using a different browser?

I actually continue to use 360Chrome v13.5.2036 daily.

My best desktop computer at home runs XP x64 and 360Chrome is the only browser I use on it.  Mypal is unstable.  NONE of Roytam's offerings allow phone calls from Google Voice (I do not own a "phone", everything is done via Google Voice).

Even here at work (Win10), I use 360Chrome for my background music (YouTube).

But there is nothing to "update", it is forever stuck at Chromium v86 and therefore only as useful as Chromium v86 (which is VERY useful, despite the negatives that some members harrass us with for using something "ancient").

I actually continue to use 360Chrome v13.5.2036 daily.

I know chrome 360 will become unusable like IE6 at some point in time but it's still working decently with most sites. (unlike this one)

screenshot-1.png

3 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

I've reported on several occasions that 360Chrome should NOT be viewed as something to carry XP into the next decade.

I'm not ready to jump ship, well in fact I have been waiting long since the W8 release and I expected M$ to roll back to the classic UI but W10/11 don't look any better to me

my only hope is the amateur eXperience project that can get W10 visual style to look like XP... maybe W12 LTSC will be the good one :(

NONE of Roytam's offerings allow phone calls from Google Voice (I do not own a "phone", everything is done via Google Voice).

Google voice doesn't work here and many other streaming services mostly work in the US, UK..etc (not sure why you dislike phones though) 

19 minutes ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

YOU are being blocked.  It's not your browser being blocked, but YOU.  Or your VPN (we did not allow VPN access on the forum I used to admin).

no VPN here, maybe it's a geographical issue with the non US version of that site (it's not a permanent block)

this modern site doesn't like chrome 360 either whether on XP or W7

https://msfn.org/board/topic/184266-arcticfoxienotheretoplaygames-360chrome-v1351030-rebuild-7/?do=findComment&comment=1248675

however when I log in with a modern browser like Brave the message goes away.

Edited by Milkinis

5 minutes ago, Milkinis said:

(not sure why you dislike phones though)

I had one once.  Way back in 2001 when I relocated half way across the State.

Had it for TWO YEARS.  Never used it!  When I called to CANCEL, they tried to talk me into a cheaper plan.

I merely replied with, "Do you have a way to look up how many minutes I've been on the phone, including texts, including data?"

They said, "Sure, of course, absolutely", then I heard the clickety clacking of their computer keyboard.

After 90 seconds or so, they return to the line, "Roughly 6 minutes, sir."

"Exactly, THAT is why I am cancelling, 6 minutes in 2 years, I have no use for a phone, period, please cancel my service."

(I don't remember the "exact" minutes, but I know for a fact it was less than an hour, perhaps even less than HALF an hour, spanning TWO YEARS)