ArcticFoxie/NotHereToPlayGames -- 360Chrome v13.5.2036 rebuild 1

1 hour ago, Milkinis said:

how do you edit the AppVersion on arcticfoxie's browser ?

I have not tried to alter the AppVersion independently of the User-Agent.

The User-Agent is set by the loader.ini and the AppVersion that is reported "follows" the User-Agent.

Hello friends, I wanted to tell you that the translator no longer works, I am currently using version 13.5.2036 rebuild 1, I tried with version, 13.5.1030 rebuild 7 regular and Chrome 49.0.2623.112, what could be happening?

Capture.png

Edited by Iron_Wind0ws

13 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Your extension is not working.  Keep trying more or use the loader.ini.

you are correct. I tried the user agent switcher that caused me some trouble in the past

https://msfn.org/board/topic/184266-arcticfoxienotheretoplaygames-360chrome-v1351030-rebuild-7/?do=findComment&comment=1240261

I downlaoded this one instead and the appVersion displays chrome 113 as intended 

https://msfn.org/board/topic/184624-arcticfoxienotheretoplaygames-360chrome-v1352036-rebuild-1/?do=findComment&comment=1246747

however the browser keeps crashing anytime I type something on the search or URL bar :angry:

I'm not the one to ask.  I never never NEVER visit non-English web pages.  I see them as a security risk and handing over my IP Address to untrustworthy folks.

edit - i.e., I have no use for any "translation" feature, be it embedded or be it an extension.

Edited by NotHereToPlayGames

lol, good point.

The "repack" web site is a "hybrid" web site - half ENGLISH half not.  I did not need any "translation" feature to find the link and to download.  :cheerleader:

edit - but if you don't know what you are hunting for and just translate Chinese web sites, would you "trust" the download?  I wouldn't.  :whistle:

Edited by NotHereToPlayGames

5 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

I never never NEVER visit non-English web pages.  I see them as a security risk and handing over my IP Address to untrustworthy folks.

3 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

The "repack" web site is a "hybrid" web site - half ENGLISH half not.  I did not need any "translation" feature to find the link and to download. 

The "repack" web site is russian (meaning NON English location, in terms of the safety of your IP you wrote above). So how do these two statements come together?

30 minutes ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

edit - but if you don't know what you are hunting for and just translate Chinese web sites, would you "trust" the download?  I wouldn't.  :whistle:

the download is safe so long as you don't open up the Kinder egg. :D 

https://msfn.org/board/topic/182876-360-extreme-explorer-modified-version/?do=findComment&comment=1246543

3 hours ago, D.Draker said:

The "repack" web site is russian (meaning NON English location

Yeah, yeah, yeah.  A bold case of "never say never".  Or just too many folks being quite bored and hanging on every word and literal interpretation.

You still knew what I meant, feel free to visit the repack "Russian" web site and report back on just how much ENGLISH is on that page.

My point remains - I do not need a "translation" feature embedded into my browser and nor do I need a "translation" extension - If I cannot READ the web site, then that site is NOT FOR ME.  :puke:

Ignoring all the above in this topic! But, as for these:

On 6/10/2023 at 11:19 AM, rereser said:

seems the internal "translate to english" function is broken since last week.
tested in new unpacked 360ChromePortable_13.5.2036_r1_regular without modifications or extensions.
google must have changed something.

On 6/10/2023 at 3:02 PM, Dave-H said:

Confirmed here, I'm just seeing a server error reported after a long delay.
:(

21 hours ago, Iron_Wind0ws said:

Hello friends, I wanted to tell you that the translator no longer works, I am currently using version 13.5.2036 rebuild 1, I tried with version, 13.5.1030 rebuild 7 regular and Chrome 49.0.2623.112, what could be happening?

Capture.png

Yeah, confirmed here too.

Now, for this:

On 6/10/2023 at 5:51 PM, rereser said:

tried them all but found only one extension that can replace the simple chrome internal translate option as close as possible.
in the sense that it also works on logged in pages and stays in the current tab with a similar translate bar at the top.
all the others have font issues , don't work , log you out or ask ( again ) for cookies on the translated site.
tested against the msfn forum page ( for retaining login ) and many others ( for function ).
can translate to 109 languages , last setting in the bar is kept until you change it.

Edge Translate : https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/edge-translate/bocbaocobfecmglnmeaeppambideimao
or here : https://www.crx4chrome.com/crx/142425/
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
optional :

a rather large extension that has many more options i do not want or use.
tweaked the settings a bit to leave only the "Translate this page" in the context menu.
hidden the extension button as it is no longer needed.
when all below is done the simple right click translate option is back again.

Content Settings : disable all 8 options.
Hybrid Translator Config : set all to "google translate".
Other Settings : disable "Enable Select Translate" , "Use Built-in PDF Viewer" , "Provide statistics to help improve the extension".

Delete in : Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\bocbaocobfecmglnmeaeppambideimao\2.4.1_0\_locales
all but the "en" folder.
Delete in : Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\bocbaocobfecmglnmeaeppambideimao\2.4.1_0\google\lans
all but the "lan_en.js" file.
Delete in : Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\bocbaocobfecmglnmeaeppambideimao\2.4.1_0\google\main
all but the "main_en.js" file
Delete the complete "Chrome\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\bocbaocobfecmglnmeaeppambideimao\2.4.1_0\pdf" folder.

these settings with the files and folder deletes works best for me.
this extension makes a connection to deepl.com on browser start.
have added "127.0.0.1     www.deepl.com" to the windows hosts file to correct that as i don't use deepl.

will see if google restores the function for 360chrome.
if not , the original translate context menu can be removed with the change below in the chrome.dll.

Function : Drop Translate to English from Chrome mode page context menu (1 occurrence)
replace : C0 FB 8D 86 F0 02 00 00 50 E8
with : C0 FB E9 E6 00 00 00 90 50 E8

https://mh-nexus.de/en/hxd/
in HxD : file open "chrome.dll" / search-replace / hex-values / all / copy the above codes in first and second field / replace.
save the file and delete the "chrome.dll.bak" file.

for all of the above , make sure 360chrome is closed.
to be safe , copy the complete 360chrome folder to another location and perform the above in that folder first to try.
after the changes , launch 360chrome with the 360loader from that folder and not with your regular shortcut to see the results !

@rereser Thank you very much for this!!! I tried this just now, following the exact steps you wrote, and it's working completely fine. I like this extension. No issues happening here or anything. Thank you again!