Problem with the newer version of Intel HD Graphics 4000 driver on Windows Vista Extended Kernel with NTOSKRNL Emu_Extender

Brickedandroid

@win32 @Mov AX, 0xDEAD

I tried to use the Windows 7 version of Intel HD Graphics 4000 driver (which has blue and white control panel window color) on Windows Vista Extended Kernel with NTOSKRNL Emu_Extender and some modifications. I have successfully installed it through Device Manager driver update. And it turns out that it has worked partially. OpenGL and DX11 work perfectly without glitches, also the driver has no problem at all in Device Manager, but DX9 causes BEX64 related crashes. And until now I still cannot enjoy the Aero theme and play videos using Windows Media Player (because they need DX9 to work properly). The control panel itself also won't open (BEX64 crashing) unless if I renamed or moved out the igdumdim64.dll file from System32 folder and igdumdim32.dll file from SysWOW64 folder.

intelhd1.thumb.png.a18895bb17489b94d2e94822ec8cec9f.png

And when I am trying to show the information center page from Options and Support menu, the control panel crashes with code 0xc0000096 (STATUS_PRIVILEGED_INSTRUCTION)

1534429654_informationcentercrash.thumb.png.aa9d9eff92abca37f1c114b6507fb020.png.38e75629aa01d786afa34f2361e8c196.png

Edited by Brickedandroid

• Brickedandroid changed the title to Problem with the newer version of Intel HD Graphics 4000 driver on Windows Vista Extended Kernel with NTOSKRNL Emu_Extender
  • 2 weeks later...

Getting later Intel graphics for the Intel HD 4000 working properly may be very tricky. If one gets it to work, that means any Intel graphics from Haswell and up will also work with Vista (Haswell graphics do work with Vista if you use the XP version, but you get no Aero interface. Kaby Lake and later may also work by simply grabbing the mods for them and installing away, but don't quote me on this), although you will still have the Haswell+ bugs, which won't resolve by simply installing the graphics driver (otherwise the person that got the XP Haswell driver to work under Vista would have seen all problems disappear).

I also sent you a PM too!

Edited by Jakob99

• 4 weeks later...

Now I have found myself that the exact culprit of the newer version of Intel HD 4000 driver aero problem is the d3d9.dll file located in System32 and SysWOW64 folder. It would be worked perfectly if using the backported Windows 7's d3d9.dll for Windows Vista, but it also has so many missing functions. Hope @win32 know this immediately.