My Browser Builds (Part 4)

2 hours ago, Mehmed said:

Since version 'basilisk52-g4.8.win32-git-20230729' - ProtonMail does not work (cannot log in to account) :(

pmerror.png.644d7d6322069d54879ae51cb1ec0637.png

------

Version basilisk52-g4.8.win32-git-20230715 - works fine!

if you have a win7 machine, please try this on official version to see if same happens on palemoon.

On 8/28/2023 at 7:24 PM, cloudstr said:

Hi, this site crashes "NewMoon 27" on my machine almost instantly: https://voh.com.vn .  Could some one please check if it does the same for them?

23 hours ago, mina7601 said:

It's fine here for me:

19 hours ago, roytam1 said:

please make sure you have "javascript.options.ion = false" in about:config

Seems you have to go out of the way to turn on javascript.options.ion. Off is default.

NM27 doesn't look like a browser I'd ever use. Even MSFN is broken on it.

Edited by UCyborg

On 8/28/2023 at 5:51 AM, roytam1 said:

but HEVC decoding doesn't seems to work with this patch.

Yes, adding decoder for ffmpeg was not enough, but you can update the whole ffmpeg to newer version, then delete unnecessary hevc things.

Another question who set the http://o.rthost.win site, i wanted to download the latest newmoon version and stopped by coulderfire human checks. This is ridiculusos, let to put aside that this is also goolag antihuman thing, just why?

11 hours ago, roytam1 said:

if you have a win7 machine, please try this on official version to see if same happens on palemoon.

I get the same Proton login error as Mehmed with NM28, St52 and St55.
XP Pro SP3, no possibility to test with PMoon/WIN7. Had a look at the PM forum, no new complaints about Proton not working.

I'm able to login with MP68 but then have to wait at least one minute before the Inbox appears...
EE360 13.5.1030/2022 and 2036 are working almost OK. Quick login but then it takes some 10-15 seconds before the Inbox appears.

7 hours ago, feodor2 said:

Another question who set the http://o.rthost.win site, i wanted to download the latest newmoon version and stopped by coulderfire human checks. This is ridiculusos, let to put aside that this is also goolag antihuman thing, just why?

unfortunately I need CF for DDoS protection.

21 hours ago, roytam1 said:

I only have WinXP :(

10 hours ago, Skorpios said:

I get the same Proton login error as Mehmed with NM28, St52 and St55.
XP Pro SP3, no possibility to test with PMoon/WIN7. Had a look at the PM forum, no new complaints about Proton not working.

I'm able to login with MP68 but then have to wait at least one minute before the Inbox appears...
EE360 13.5.1030/2022 and 2036 are working almost OK. Quick login but then it takes some 10-15 seconds before the Inbox appears.

yep EE360_13.5.2036.0 works fine :yes:

Edited by Mehmed

On 8/29/2023 at 2:27 PM, Mehmed said:

Since version 'basilisk52-g4.8.win32-git-20230729' - ProtonMail does not work (cannot log in to account) :(

pmerror.png.644d7d6322069d54879ae51cb1ec0637.png

------

Version basilisk52-g4.8.win32-git-20230715 - works fine!

hmm, it could be because of BigInt support, whole official version still has no BigInt support yet.

There is a solution to the ProtonMail problem!
The account login problem is only with old mailboxes (created around 2016-2018 or something like that, you can read on their blog).
The thing is, all old mailboxes were previously encrypted with RSA (2048) 4096-bit keys, and now, all new mailboxes are encrypted with ECC Curve25519.
For some reason, the latest versions of Serpent - cannot work properly with the RSA (2048) 4096-bit key. While earlier versions (20230715) - work fine.
To make the latest Serpent versions work with old mailboxes, you need to enter the settings - "Encryption and keys" and generate new ECC Curve25519 keys.
Now there are no problems with logging into your account (Serpent_20230826). At least everything works fine for me.

------------------------

pic.png

5 hours ago, Mehmed said:

There is a solution to the ProtonMail problem!
The account login problem is only with old mailboxes (created around 2016-2018 or something like that, you can read on their blog).
The thing is, all old mailboxes were previously encrypted with RSA (2048) 4096-bit keys, and now, all new mailboxes are encrypted with ECC Curve25519.
For some reason, the latest versions of Serpent - cannot work properly with the RSA (2048) 4096-bit key. While earlier versions (20230715) - work fine.
To make the latest Serpent versions work with old mailboxes, you need to enter the settings - "Encryption and keys" and generate new ECC Curve25519 keys.
Now there are no problems with logging into your account (Serpent_20230826). At least everything works fine for me.

------------------------

pic.png

Thank you!
Do you have a link to that blog post?

---

According to the support RSA encryption "offer greater compatibility with legacy software."...

"Once your account is created, it is possible to change your primary keys to RSA 4096-bit or to generate new ECC Curve25519 keys and set them to be your primary keys. RSA-4096 keys are slower than ECC Curve25519 keys, but they are secure and offer greater compatibility with legacy software.

Changing your primary key is recommended if you are concerned that your keys may have become compromised in some way. Changing to an RSA key may also help solve compatibility issues with legacy software."
https://proton.me/support/elliptic-curve-cryptography