Watch YouTube video on old PC with best experinse and performance

Hello guys, i find some solution how watch youtube in old pc like Pentium III or Pentim M/4 or Athlon xp.

Web version of YT is very HEAVY for watch video in web in old machines like Pentium3 or Athlon xp.

so The best way is use youtube web site only for aggregation of content and watch video on external player, like mpv or mpc with youtube-dl.

Many of you knows this method. But if it need i can create some FAQ.

This method work just fine, but youtube web version is to Fat and be more and more heavy to work on our old PC. Its load very cranky. So i find another solution like  alternative-front-ends site of youtube. 

The best is PipedTube its work very good, load fast on old machines, video work not so bad i think, you can change video codecs vp9/h264, no ads, and many anthers setting. Best chose i think. 

And what is good with this site work external player so you can use PipedTube site for aggregate content and play it in external player for best performance in old machines.

For best and user-friendly usage to send youtube link just from one click of browser to media player i use firefox\newMoon extension YouTube 2 Player, its work just fine, you can add any of external player you want, but its not work in front ends site like Piped

So it be great if some one who know about mozila extension xpi can update this extension YT2P to work with all site not just on yotube.com, and we can play yotube easy as well.

Ps. I know about extension like send to mpv, yes its work fine, but it just form mpv, and if you want use other player one click to play, you cant use it so easy. So its best solution to update YT2P extension 

ps.ps Find other good front end Tube Site viewtube, work very fast, but not so good in old pc, and cant play video in external player :dubbio:Clipboard02.thumb.jpg.06b0feba2004cfcc3893f1d4773db11b.jpg

Edited by S75

• S75 changed the title to Watch YouTube video on old PC with best experinse and performance
  • 1 month later...

On 10/9/2022 at 6:03 PM, S75 said:

For best and user-friendly usage to send youtube link just from one click of browser to media player i use firefox\newMoon extension YouTube 2 Player, its work just fine, you can add any of external player you want, but its not work in front ends site like Piped

In the preferences page enable "Show Watch on YouTube button", then you can use YT2P on that button to start external player.

I have an old Pentium 4 with only 1.5 GB RAM, and I play all videos in VLC with the help of the extension VLC Youtube Shortcut 0.8.3.2 to avoid the mainly cumbersome YouTube site for many well-known reasons. To search for YouTube videos, I use the website Invidious which is an open source alternative front-end to YouTube and can be used multilingually. This is my favourite for old, low-powered computers. Truth be told, this topic has already been discussed very often in this forum, though. smilie_denk_24.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper

• 3 weeks later...

Would/could somebody help me to guide me to open my .ogg files.

Windows Media Player and VLC won't do it and I no longer have the player that came with the game and I'm trying play my music files and perhaps restore the game in its entirety.

Thank you in advance.

untitled-sal.thumb.JPG.f39fed9b1eee2d4896ca1f286ffe5e36.JPG

• 3 weeks later...