“Be mindful. Be grateful. Be positive. Be true. Be kind.”

XPerceniol

"Yoh! This is so powerful. I am battling depression. This man spoke to my core soul. Wow!"

"This man really change the definition of transformation of life. Pain first...Peace later"

The Most Eye Opening 10 Minutes Of Your Life | David Goggins

Alzheimer disease: The amazing thing spinach does to your brain

8/10/2022, 7:08:51 AM

Green leaves are healthy and not only for the diet or the heart.

A new study has found that there is a chance that it can also stop degenerative diseases like Alzheimer's.

So what are you waiting for?

3193840-46.jpg

Dr. Noa Bergman explains what causes Alzheimer's, is there a way to prevent the disease, and how to treat someone who has already become ill 

Leafy greens are perhaps one of the healthiest nutrients to add to your daily menu, partly because of the high presence of vitamin K which is known to be beneficial against heart disease and helps with blood clotting.

Now, an international team whose research was published in the scientific journal NATURE found a new and surprising benefit in the consumption of vitamin K - preventing cell death and stopping degenerative diseases such as Alzheimer's.

According to the Harvard School of Public Health, vitamin K comes in two forms.

The main type is phylloquinone, which is found in green leafy vegetables such as kale and spinach.

The second type is menkinones, found in some animal foods and fermented foods.

This type can also be produced by bacteria in the human body.

Researchers claim that there are 10 forms of vitamin K2 in the diet and each of them may be absorbed and act differently in the body.

Researchers from the Helmholtz Center in Munich, Tohoku University in Japan, the University of Ottawa in Canada and the Technical University of Dresden discovered that vitamin K acts as an antioxidant that inhibits cell death.

Researchers say that proptosis (Ferroptosis) "is a natural form of cell death related to iron in the cell and characterized by oxidative destruction of the cell membranes".

Recently, proptosis has been implicated in Alzheimer's disease and other diseases.

The findings suggest that vitamin K therapy may be a powerful new strategy to ameliorate the diseases associated with proptosis.

As the prevention of proptosis is considered a very promising approach to the treatment of many neurodegenerative diseases, new mechanisms and compounds that modulate proptosis are being extensively investigated.

To identify these new molecules, a team of researchers led by Dr. Iken Mishima (Tohoku University) and Dr. Markus Konrad (Helmholtz Munich), systematically studied several natural vitamins, as well as their derivatives.

"To our surprise, we identified that vitamin K, including phylloquinone (vitamin K1) and menquinone-4 (vitamin K2), is able to effectively rescue cells and tissues from undergoing proptosis," explained Dr. Mishima.

This is not the first time, of course, that nutrition has been found to inhibit diseases such as Alzheimer's.

A study published in 2020 in the journal Neurology found, for example, that foods containing flavonols - compounds found in plant pigments - may delay and prevent Alzheimer's.

They wrote at the time that "Eating more fruits and vegetables and drinking more tea could be a relatively cheap and easy way for people to help prevent dementia."

The top sources of flavonols included pears, olive oil, kale, beans, tea, spinach, broccoli, wine, tomatoes and apples.

Here: https://newsrnd.com/life/2022-08-10-the-amazing-thing-spinach-does-to-your-brain---voila!-health.H1boDanlA5.html

...and why not read:

Plant substances in vegetables and coffee, for example, help against dementia.

Here: https://newsrnd.com/life/2022-06-02-plant-substances-in-vegetables-and-coffee--for-example--help-against-dementia-.HJZKEhZUOc.html

3 hours ago, msfntor said:

"Yoh! This is so powerful. I am battling depression. This man spoke to my core soul. Wow!"

"This man really change the definition of transformation of life. Pain first...Peace later"

The Most Eye Opening 10 Minutes Of Your Life | David Goggins

Watching and bit taken off guard by the tone and his miscommunication, but I got through about 5 minutes and I get its and it not too far off from what I've said (or you or I have written) but when he says "we're alone" please understand what means, is, you're not alone, because you (your mind) is always with you. Not to confuse that being you can't escape, because "escape(ism)" is also wrong mindset, we need to face up to our depressions to get to the root cause ... but even if we don't yet know that root cause, when you feel alone with your brain, rather see it as your weapon of choice to battle the darkness, make no room for it. You can't escape or chase it away, make no room and rob dark thoughts of their power and *allow* the light to take its place. Hard to always see, but light is more powerful but not as easy to see sometimes.

Thank you @msfntor for taking the time to recognize the power of our brains and we (only we) can recover and heal ourselves. Hard to see (I know that from "first-hand' experience) but that power is there, just need to find it and not allow it to weaken. Every time I fall, I get up which is why I'm here. I don't know, strong will and desire to not allow the darkness to overtake me or "get me".

Its a fight ,but so worth it, You, everybody, you are all worth it! Be true and kind and it will come back around to you.

Edited by XPerceniol

2 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

we need to face up to our depressions to get to the root cause ...

We, YOU "can recover and heal"! - "that power is there".

2 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

Every time I fall, I get up

- thanks to "strong will and desire".

Thank you very much for your comments @XPerceniol, top notch as usual!

Oh well its just from the heart advice. Somewhere between also learn from my mistakes and I've been pretty open. Nothing worse than self sabotage and YOU deserve better than negative thoughts telling you otherwise, recognize negative intrusive thoughts and dismiss them as quickly as possible or you can easily give in and lose your strength. I've been down low (very low) and I've allowed myself to succumb to the disorder.

suc·cumb

VERB

fail to resist pressure, temptation, or some other negative force:

Drugs and booze may appear to be a "quick fix" but when they wear off (if you don't die from the deadly mixture) you're not right back to where you started but further backwards. Better to find constructive ways to deal with the ugly symptoms rather than self sabotage. Sure, easier said than done, but I'm no angel, but I've also never claimed to be anything other than such.

I'm hoping people aren't seeing me as preaching so please post or tell me if its appears so. I hope not, I love everybody. Can you imagine a world with more love, I can.

Edited by XPerceniol

4 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

...but need to find it and discover and change our mindset even temporarily to get by and past the rough spots. 

Use distractions if needed and learn to update DC Browser ... oops ... did I say that? Lol :)

Kidding aside, of course, but learning new things is always a better way to cope when there is idle time to dwell on things. I know its hard to shift the focus when dragged down into the doldrums

doldrums:

NOUN

(the doldrums)

a state or period of inactivity, stagnation, or depression:

Steady balance is the key. You can still go with the flow and against the grain. Be true and genuine and you can't lose - not to others - be true and genuine and kind to yourself.

@XPerceniol @msfntor Sorry if i am disturbing your conversation, but, did you forget to react to this and this? The reason I am asking this is, because I know you two very often read these types of topics, and immediately react to new posts once you see them on these topics.

I also apologize if the question sounded a bit annoying.

1 hour ago, mina7601 said:

@XPerceniol @msfntor Sorry if i am disturbing your conversation, but, did you forget to react to this and this? The reason I am asking this is, because I know you two very often read these types of topics, and immediately react to new posts once you see them on these topics.

You're not disturbing anything, our discussion is not exclusive ;) Please feel free to interject.

I'm not sure whom he is talking to but I often talk to myself and some of the best conversations I've had with *with* myself :)

Your questions are never annoying.

Edited by XPerceniol

8 hours ago, mina7601 said:

Thank you @mina7601 for waking me up! Your question is not "disturbing" nor "annoying" - of course.

@XPerceniol,

Ouais Mais Bonhttps://www.ouaismaisbon.ch/

Yes, but well...(is in French: Ouais Mais Bon) I see I didn't choose very well this video... 
You wrote: "your brain, think of it as your weapon of choice to fight the darkness" - quite right. The brain - that means conscience, free will etc. But it's "HE who is true source of love" who promised to be with us until the end of time, and this is not mentioned in the video - then we are not alone. Hmm, obviously I was too quick to recommend this (not perfect but not bad) video. Could someone suggest another but better motivational video, please ...

Edited by msfntor

On 9/27/2022 at 2:36 AM, XPerceniol said:

You're not disturbing anything, our discussion is not exclusive ;) Please feel free to interject.

I'm not sure whom he is talking to but I often talk to myself and some of the best conversations I've had with *with* myself :)

Your questions are never annoying.

On 9/27/2022 at 10:47 AM, msfntor said:

Your question is not "disturbing" nor "annoying" - of course.

Thank you so much, good to hear that! :wub:

On 9/27/2022 at 10:47 AM, msfntor said:

Thank you @mina7601 for waking me up!

You're welcome!

Thank you two for your nice replies, I appreciate it. :):yes:

Edited by mina7601

On 9/27/2022 at 2:22 AM, mina7601 said:

did you forget to react

Hi Mina, I react finally: 

To change the ideas, you make a big line on the past, and start to live only in kindness and love, period. "Kindness is easier than hate" - this must lead you now. Don't worry about bad memories of the past - live in the present kindness and love, live a spiritual lifestyle and take care of living, Now!

" "We live a spiritual lifestyle when we  treat all life with care, kindness, and love." - Anthony Douglas Williams " - writing on the "meme" in the Pretty Detox Posts topic, page 16.

To me, "meme" is an image with writing.

"A meme is a virally transmitted image embellished with text, usually sharing pointed commentary on cultural symbols, social ideas, or current events. A meme is typically a photo or video, although sometimes it can be a block of text." 

"Memes are usually funny, but often that humor is injected with wry political or social commentary. Sometimes memes exist for shock value or to teach a life lesson."

- here: https://www.lifewire.com/what-is-a-meme-2483702

Edited by msfntor
kindness