Polyfill: What's all this, then?

TrevMUN

I would also claim (with no data to back it up, I do admit) that hackers and cybercriminals have ZERO interest in creating trojans and malware targeting XP.

Why target x number of computers on XP when you can target y number of computers on 10 or 11?

y > x

Guess I also kinda see it this way.  Hackers and cybercriminals aren't interested in breaking into my XP anyway.

Yahoo data breach of 2017 - they hacked into Yahoo servers, not personal computers of the 3 billion accounts that were effected.

LinkedIn data breach of 2021 - 700 million users effected, 700 million personal computers were not hacked into.

Facebook data breach of 2019 - 533 million users effected (is it effected or affected?)

Yahoo data breach of 2014 - 500 million users effected  (and Yahoo clearly didn't learn anything because see above's 2017 data breach)

Twitter data breach of 2018 - 330 million users effected

LinkedIn data breach of 2012 - 165 million users  (and again they didn't learn anything because see above's 2021 data breach)

Equifax data breach of 2017 - 148 million users effected

eBay data breach of 2014 - 145 million users effected

Capital One

Target

Sears

JC Penney

Facebook data breach of 2018 - 87 million users effected  (then 533 million a year later in above's 2019 data breach)

Anthem

Dropbox

Tumblr

Uber

Home Depot

Marriot

Those seem to be the bigger ones.

I don't deny that home computers get hacked into, but I think "click-happy" consumers installed the trojans themselves because they're not really "computer people", they just want to play solitaire and download screen savers.

Edited by NotHereToPlayGames

On 4/7/2022 at 4:52 PM, UCyborg said:

Tricks:

palefill with the following rule added to lib/main.js:

{
  selector: ["docs.microsoft.com"],
  fix: ["std-customElements", "std-PerformanceObserver", "std-queueMicrotask"]
}

@UCyborg - I am curious to know if your Microsoft.com example still works if your "fix" line is changed to fix: ["std-customElements"]

I am curious because the Babel-translated script for your example contains 7 hits for "customElements" but zero hits for "PerformanceObserver" and zero hits for "queueMicrotask".