Microsoft Windows Update v3/v4/v5

15 hours ago, Zarpassucias said:

i wanna update my pc but i tired of wu6 i wanna use WU5 please help me to use the windows updates pages creates

WU V5 is almost restored. Please wait until its release.

HOW TO RESTORE WINDOWS UPDATE V5

This message is for all people who want to restore and run the Windows Update v5 site on their computer.

This is the 1st guide to restore Windows Update v5.

Disclaimer: The v5 site can contain bugs. Please report bugs, so they can be solved by us.

Windows Server 2008 R2 or Windows Server 2012 R2 recommended. The IIS and DNS features (roles) are necessary to do this guide.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) Download the latest Windows Update v5 files : Download Windows Update v5*

2) Extract the files in a folder on your server.

3) Go into "the folder where you extracted the files > v5consumer > shared > js" and rename the file "redirect.js" to "redirect2.js".

4) Go to your DNS role (Start > Administrative tools > DNS).

5) Create a new zone called "v5.windowsupdate.microsoft.com".

6) In this zone, create a Host record (A) and enter ONLY your server's IP address (in the IP field, like that "192.168.1.14" - this is an example). To know your IP v4 address, press Windows + R, then type cmd. When the Command Prompt appears, type ipconfig. Your IP v4 address should appear.).

7) Close the DNS, then go to IIS. Create a new website (in the left sidebar, expand "your server name", then right-click on Sites and then click on "New website".).

8) In the field "Site name", type v5.windowsupdate.microsoft.com. In the Path field, click on Browse, and then browse to the folder where you extracted Windows Update v5 (this folder should contain the folder "v5consumer" - DO NOT SELECT V5CONSUMER. In the Binding group, use the default settings. In the Host name field, type v5.windowsupdate.microsoft.com.

9) Do not forget to install the IIS url2rewrite module - Download the module (english) (overrender.com is my website, and this file hasn't been modified, it's the original one from Microsoft). WARNING! x64 INSTALLER!

IF ENGLISH IS NOT YOUR IIS SERVER LANGUAGE, SCROLL DOWN TO THE ADDONS SECTION OF THIS POST.

10) Go to your client (Microsoft Windows XP or Microsoft Windows 2000). Go to the DNS settings, then enter the IP of your server in the Prefered DNS field. Click OK.

11) Check if you can access the Windows Update v5 website. Open Internet Explorer (Internet Explorer 6 recommended), and type v5.windowsupdate.microsoft.com.
If you can access the site, continue to Step 12. Else send me a Private Message.

12) Download ProxHTTPSProxy Mii v1.3a - Download the file

13) Extract the file on your host computer (only if you're using a virtual machine. If you're using a real computer, extract it on your server).

14) Go into the extracted folder, and double-click on "ProxHTTPSProxy.exe". This will create a file called "CA.crt".

15) Double click on "CA.crt", then (in the window) click "Install certificate" In the wizard, click Next. Click on "Place all certificates in the following store", then click "Browse...". Check the Checkbox, then go at the top of the list, then expand "Trusted root certificate authority" and click on "Local computer". Click OK, then click Next, and close the window. If the certificate was imported successfully, you will get a message box saying "The importation was successfull" or something like that.

16) Go to the ProxHTTPSProxy folder, then open the Launcher.exe file. It will open in the System Tray.

17) Open Internet Explorer, then go to the Tools menu, then click on Internet Options. Go to the Connections tab, and click "Lan settings." Check "Use a proxy server for your LAN". Click on advanced and, in the HTTPS field, type the IP Address or the computer where ProxHTTPSProxy is running. In the Port field, type 8079. 

18) Click OK, then click OK. In the "Advanced" tab, scroll down and find the Checkbox "Use HTTP 1.1 with Proxy connection". Check it, then click OK to close the Internet Options. If this was done successfully, download the "Restore_WU_XP.zip" file - Download the file 

19) Extract it in a folder onto your client (ONLY THE CLIENT). Then run "Install.cmd". When a prompt "Windows File Protection" appears, click CANCEL (this is VERY important). 

20) Restart your client.

21) Open Launcher.exe (in the ProxHTTPSProxy folder).

22) Open Internet Explorer, then type http://fe2.update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/v6/default.aspx?g_sconsumersite and try Windows Update v6.

23) If you can check for updates without problems, type http://v5.windowsupdate.microsoft.com and the v5 site should work.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ADD-ONS

This section is for add-ons (multilanguage files, etc...)

IIS Rewrite Module (Official Microsoft Site) : Go to the IIS website

This guide is not definitive and might be updated in the future. So, stay up-to-date!

If you have any question or problem,  send me a Private Message or ask @maile3241, @WinFX or @ByQuadCore. If your problem is happening to many other people, I'll post a solution.

All files except the Windows Update v5 files are hosted by OverRender.com. Report a missing file or a problem with them to me.

This site has been restored with the great help & work of @maile3241, @WinFX, @ByQuadCore and me.

- WULover

Edited by WULover
Totally imcomplete

4 minutes ago, WULover said:

INFORMATIONS ABOUT WINDOWS UPDATE V5

This message is for all people who want to restore and run the Windows Update v5 site on their computer.

This is the 1st guide to restore Windows Update v5.

Disclaimer: The v5 site can contain bugs. Please report bugs, so they can be solved by us.

Windows Server 2008 R2 or Windows Server 2012 R2 recommended. The IIS and DNS features (roles) are necessary to do this guide.

1) Download the latest Windows Update v5 files : Download Windows Update v5*

2) Extract the files in a folder on your server.

3) Go into "the folder where you extracted the files > v5consumer > shared > js" and rename the file "redirect.js" to "redirect2.js".

4) Go to your DNS role (Start > Administrative tools > DNS).

5) Create 

also does c.microsoft.com matter?