Microsoft Windows Update v3/v4/v5

Hey everyone, could we try and keep the double posting down to the minimum? If you have extra to add to your post, please use the edit button by clicking on the three dots on the right hand side of your post. And you can use the + icon next to the quote icon if you want to reply to several posts at once. It helps keep the thread a bit neater in appearance and easier to navigate. Thanks!

15 hours ago, xpandvistafan said:

@maile3241 I grabbed some files for Windows Update V4 for IIS, and it works, until it gets stuck at checking for the latest version of Windows Update software. it even installs the activex from 2002.

If I knew how to put these files on the server, I would also create a page.

What we need to do is:

- Change the host

- Try to use the ActiveX to detect OS and needed updates

- Make the Website in different languages

I have the solution for hosting the site and for french pages and pages design (with Microsoft Office FrontPage 2003, best program for that).

But I don't know how tu use the ActiveX, and the pages we need to get (the pages that show the available updates, and - optional - the Windows Update Catalog). 

What do you think of that?

Edited by WULover

@LonghornXP I have a default.htm page, you can download it by following these steps:

1) If you have Microsoft Windows XP installed in a VM or a real computer, Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 and Microsoft Office FrontPage 2003, load this page: http://update.overrender.com/old/w98/default.htm and click the Edit menu, then Edit with Microsoft Office FrontPage.

2) Now, you have default.htm page. Save it on your computer as default.htm.

3) If you want, edit the page code to make it pointing on the Windows Update italian pages, and not on my site. If you don't know how to do that, I will do it.

4) If done, send me the .zip with default.htm and we will try (the new site location will be http://update.overrender.com/old/w98/italian/default.htm.

5) Optional - Translate these pages to english (I already have english pages on my Web server), french and spanish (and keep italian too).

I hope this will work! :)

30 minutes ago, WULover said:

What we need to do is:

- Change the host

- Try to use the ActiveX to detect OS and needed updates

- Make the Website in different languages

I have the solution for hosting the site and for french pages and pages design (with Microsoft Office FrontPage 2003, best program for that).

But I don't know how tu use the ActiveX, and the pages we need to get (the pages that show the available updates, and - optional - the Windows Update Catalog). 

What do you think of that?

I think is good too

8 hours ago, WULover said:

@LonghornXP I have a default.htm page, you can download it by following these steps:

1) If you have Microsoft Windows XP installed in a VM or a real computer, Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 and Microsoft Office FrontPage 2003, load this page: http://update.overrender.com/old/w98/default.htm and click the Edit menu, then Edit with Microsoft Office FrontPage.

2) Now, you have default.htm page. Save it on your computer as default.htm.

3) If you want, edit the page code to make it pointing on the Windows Update italian pages, and not on my site. If you don't know how to do that, I will do it.

4) If done, send me the .zip with default.htm and we will try (the new site location will be http://update.overrender.com/old/w98/italian/default.htm.

5) Optional - Translate these pages to english (I already have english pages on my Web server), french and spanish (and keep italian too).

I hope this will work! :)

1) i have xp home with sp1 vm ie6, and frontpage 2007

2) i should edit with visual studio code (since my xp home vm is already full)

3) i'm gonna make .zip file after the default.htm finish