Microsoft Windows Update v3/v4/v5

29 minutes ago, Zarpassucias said:

hello im surprised why both of all  make WU5 and thx so much now i can update my new dell optiplex 755  with xp sp3 and credit me Bye!

WU5 is not impossible but it is so complex,just like v6.

Hey there, lately windowsupdatev3restored.com is giving me some problems regarding cannot display updates.

Same here. Yesterday I patched four Windows 95 and two 98SE VMs perfectly. All updates worked. I had two 98SE and two ME VMs left. All got the "Cannot Display Page" error on the Product Updates page. Is it possible I've been rate limited or banned? I've tried clearing the cache and renaming the Windows Update folder, but it made no difference. This seems to be some kind of problem at your end.

Hello! No, you do not have been banned or limited ;) The server is missing inventory files, that's why you get this error. Windows Me is also not currently supported, and will be once we get the right inventories for it.

3 minutes ago, Zarpassucias said:

Hey i have a problem in WU5 In IE8 dosents work and my Windows XP is a lite version 

V5 is not completely working atm.

Hello everybody!  I followed the steps about setting up a local server to run Windows Update v4&v5 on Youtube. I can visit v5 on my client and check for updates,but I can't access v4.When access windowsupdate.microsoft.com,it returns me 404,when I access v4.windowsupdate.com,it said that the domain can't be resolved.What should I do?

PS:I followed all of the steps and the dns settings are right,but I can't register fastdo.dll.(Windows 2008 R2)

Hello! No, you do not have been banned or limited The server is missing inventory files, that's why you get this error. Windows Me is also not currently supported, and will be once we get the right inventories for it.

Are we talking about the same thing? Three of the four VMs were able to display and install updates with v3 when I posted about them in this thread on 19 June. Even the one that wasn't (Me with IE 5.5 SP2) at least displayed an unpopulated updates page. I don't get that far today.

16 hours ago, Great_Life said:

Hello everybody!  I followed the steps about setting up a local server to run Windows Update v4&v5 on Youtube. I can visit v5 on my client and check for updates,but I can't access v4.When access windowsupdate.microsoft.com,it returns me 404,when I access v4.windowsupdate.com,it said that the domain can't be resolved.What should I do?

PS:I followed all of the steps and the dns settings are right,but I can't register fastdo.dll.(Windows 2008 R2)

Hello! Did you setup your DNS to redirect the domain to your server ?

9 hours ago, jetboy said:

Are we talking about the same thing? Three of the four VMs were able to display and install updates with v3 when I posted about them in this thread on 19 June. Even the one that wasn't (Me with IE 5.5 SP2) at least displayed an unpopulated updates page. I don't get that far today.

We removed the wrong inventories for the server as they were corrupted/not for the right operating system. We're waiting for the real ones to add them.

We removed the wrong inventories for the server as they were corrupted/not for the right operating system. We're waiting for the real ones to add them.

Ah! Understood.