ProxHTTPSProxy and HTTPSProxy in Windows XP for future use

AstroSkipper

12 hours ago, Dave-H said:

Now we just need someone to do it!
:yes:

12 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

Is there anyone in MSFN with such skills?

And now some good news!   internet3.gif The source code of ProxHTTPSProxy REV3e is still available in this post: 

This is the download link of ProxHTTPSProxy REV3e's source code:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/s9027bdxffodbna/cryptography-2.8-py3.4_openssl-1.1.1d.rar/file

Cheers, AstroSkipper ordi1fun.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

That's good to know.
I'm afraid I can't immediately identify anyone here specifically who could do this.
I seem to remember that @heinoganda was very much a one-man band, and I don't remember anyone else directly contributing to his work.
:)

Well, Python itself can't even be compiled out-of-the-box... 

In the past i wanted to make an updated single-exe build of ProxHTTPSProxy.

Started by getting the source for Python, so i could make it a SSE-only XP version, but immediately got a f!@#-ton of errors. So, after wasting some time digging for clues, i just scrapped the whole thing.

Just an aside query.
I get an e-mail every week from the transport system here in London, which always has a banner image header.
The images did not work in my e-mail program for a long time, as it uses the Internet Explorer engine to display messages, and the images often failed on XP because of certificate problems. This came good after I started using a proxy server, but it has now failed again.
Strangely the failure now only seems to be with IE8, the image displays fine in Google Chrome 49 and 360Chrome using the IE Proxy mode.
It's fine anyway in Firefox of course.
I can't identify when it started failing again, I don't think it was when I switched from HTTPSProxy back to ProxHTTPSProxy, but it might have been.
Chrome 49 uses ProxHTTPSProxy though, and it's fine there.
Can anyone else see if they can display this image in IE8?
https://image.email.tfl.gov.uk/lib/fe3e15707564047c731479/m/2/ae4f07c2-52c6-4bb3-ac03-7ac5d4dd1865.jpg
If not, I wonder what's wrong?
:dubbio:

26 minutes ago, Dave-H said:

Just an aside query.
I get an e-mail every week from the transport system here in London, which always has a banner image header.
The images did not work in my e-mail program for a long time, as it uses the Internet Explorer engine to display messages, and the images often failed on XP because of certificate problems. This came good after I started using a proxy server, but it has now failed again.
Strangely the failure now only seems to be with IE8, the image displays fine in Google Chrome 49 and 360Chrome using the IE Proxy mode.
It's fine anyway in Firefox of course.
I can't identify when it started failing again, I don't think it was when I switched from HTTPSProxy back to ProxHTTPSProxy, but it might have been.
Chrome 49 uses ProxHTTPSProxy though, and it's fine there.
Can anyone else see if they can display this image in IE8?
https://image.email.tfl.gov.uk/lib/fe3e15707564047c731479/m/2/ae4f07c2-52c6-4bb3-ac03-7ac5d4dd1865.jpg
If not, I wonder what's wrong?

Using ProxHTTPSProxy IE8 fails to show this image. Using HTTPSProxy IE8 has no problem with that image. Maybe a cipher problem. You can compare used cipher on https://browserleaks.com/ssl

Thanks both!
I wonder why it works for @RainyShadow and not for me if we're using the same proxy server?
As I said, it does work for me in Google Chrome 49 too, which would seem to indicate that it's a problem just with my IE8 setup.

3 minutes ago, Dave-H said:

Thanks both!
I wonder why it works for @RainyShadow and not for me if we're using the same proxy server?
As I said, it does work for me in Google Chrome 49 too, which would seem to indicate that it's a problem just with my IE8 setup.

AFAIK @RainyShadow uses ProxHTTPSProxyMII v1.5, but an older version. You and me, we use ProxHTTPSProxy REV3e and we have the same problem. The older HTTPSProxy doesn't have any problems like @RainyShadow's old release. I think it's a cipher problem. Check the used cipher on image.email.tfl.gov.uk and compare it to the ciphers of both proxies.

Ok, I think I've found the problem. It's a certificate problem. HTTPSProxy created a certificate for this site, but ProxHTTPSProxy REV3e didn't. You have to modify config.ini of ProxHTTPSProxy REV3e. Check the folder certs and you'll see, there is no certificate for image.email.tfl.gov.uk.

Edited by AstroSkipper
addition

Problem solved. Config.ini has to be modified. In section [SSL Pass-Thru] you have to deactivate *gov.uk* by setting # in front of the string or delete *gov.uk* completely. :thumbup

Edited by AstroSkipper
addition

And one additional tip. For better overview delete all unnecessary entries in config.ini! Keep only entries of sites you really use! cursor.gif  @heinoganda added a lot of sites, maybe to his needs. The config.ini of HTTPSProxy is nearly empty comparing to ProxHTTPSProxy's one. Cheers ,AstroSkipper ordi1fun.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper