ProxHTTPSProxy and HTTPSProxy in Windows XP for future use

AstroSkipper

The sider to set the Trusted Zone to High was not displayed and i had to click "Default Level" for it to show up. 🙄
Now i can access the Windows Update page but when i try to scan for updates i get an error.

The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the problem.

1 hour ago, Outbreaker said:

The sider to set the Trusted Zone to High was not displayed and i had to click "Default Level" for it to show up. 🙄
Now i can access the Windows Update page but when i try to scan for updates i get an error.

I have moved the conversation to this thread:

• 3 weeks later...

I corrected all links to images in my main article "ProxHTTPSProxy and HTTPSProxy in Windows XP for future use":

Due to the length of my article and our forum editor, it was not as easy as I thought, though. nimportequoi.gif But now, all images should open better again. If you still find errors, please report them here! Thanks!

Cheers, AstroSkipper travail-ordi.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

• 4 weeks later...

Hello to all! :hello: Last year, @cmalex had not only made available the proxy tool ProxyMII, which I rebranded ProxHTTPSProxy 1.5.220717 and took as the basis for my package ProxHTTPSProxy's PopMenu TLS 1.3 3V3, but also another proxy tool called 3Proxy. Does anyone here use this tool? Or at least, has anyone of you tried or tested 3proxy? Here is the link to the original post:

And here is the GitHub website of 3proxy for additional information: https://github.com/3proxy/3proxy

Cheers, AstroSkipper matrix.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper

6 hours ago, Dave-H said:

OK, problem solved!
I feel like an absolute fool now.
A few days ago I was having a problem with something, and as part of the troubleshooting, I switched the 360Chrome proxy option from 'Do not use proxy' to 'Use IE proxy'.
Of course, I then forgot to switch it back!
I thought things had been running a bit slow, but hadn't twigged what the problem was.
'Use IE proxy' on my system runs https through ProxHTTPSProxy.
Now I've gone back to no proxy, everything is fine.
Why OnlyFans had a problem in the IE Proxy mode I have no idea, all the other sites I've been using have been fine.
Sorry to have troubled you all!
:D

Hello @Dave-H! If you have problems to access a particular website via IE proxy through ProxHTTPSProxy although the website works correctly through direct connection, then the SSL certificate verify should be done by the browser. When you don't want to change the proxy mode to direct connection, you have to add the entry onlyfans.com* to the section [SSL Pass-Thru] of ProxHTTPSProxy's configuration file config.ini as shown below:

### Bypass Proxomitron and the Rear Server, Proxy setting still effective
### SSL certificate verify will be done by the browser
[SSL Pass-Thru]
pypi.org
files.pythonhosted.org
pypi.python.org
www.gstatic.com
watson.telemetry.microsoft.com
*.sync.services.mozilla.com
onlyfans.com*

I tried it in 360ChromePortable 13.5.1030 rebuild 7, and it works for me.

Cheers, AstroSkipper matrix.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, @cmalexvil-hi.gif How are you? I hope in any case you are well and, above all, healthy and unharmed in these still difficult times. :yes: 
As you know, you compiled the great programme ProxyMII, dated from 2022-07-17, based on OpenSSL 3.0.5, dated from 2022-07-05, and Cryptography 3.4.8, dated from 2021-08-24. That was a year ago. OpenSSL is now available in version 3.1.2 and Cryptography in version 41.0.3, both dated from 2023-08-01. In terms of Cryptography, there was a big version bump after 3.4.8 directly to 35.0.0. Link: https://github.com/pyca/cryptography/tags?after=37.0.0 Do you know if these versions are still compatible with Windows XP? If not, which are the last XP-compatible versions? :dubbio:  Would it make sense to update ProxyMII in terms of OpenSSL and Cryptography for the use under Windows XP, especially to support more modern ciphers? :) TBH, who else could assess this better than you, the creator of ProxyMII? smilie_denk_24.gif Or, have you perhaps already updated ProxyMII? Anyway! What do you think about all that? vertsennuie.gif

Greetings from Germany, AstroSkipper :hello:

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

Greetings.

Thanks. And all the best to You.

On 8/6/2023 at 1:38 PM, AstroSkipper said:

support more modern ciphers?

Is exist examples (theoretically) for  OpenSSL 3.0.5 & Cryptography 3.4.8 fails?

3.4.8 directly to 35.0.0

They switch x509 certs works from internal OpenSSL routes to Rust one.

Do you know if these versions are still compatible with Windows XP?

OpenSSL still work fine.

Cryptography 40.0.2 2023-04-18 (that use Rust 1.48) also works (at first sight) at virtual system. But in real XP it fail because of SSE2 lack. I can't compile Rust 1.48 without SSE2...

Cryptography 41.0.0 2023-05-31 - fail even in virtual because of Rust 1.56.

than you, the creator of ProxyMII

Sorry, i'm not creator.

All honors belong to @Dibya - Python 3.7 for XP and  @whenever (from www.prxbx.com) - ProxHTTPSProxyMII: Reloaded

I just put it together.

Best regards.

2 hours ago, cmalex said:

Is exist examples (theoretically) for  OpenSSL 3.0.5 & Cryptography 3.4.8 fails?

First of all, many thanks for your reply and detailed information! :yes: There are some sites which can't be processed with the current ProxyMII based on OpenSSL 3.0.5 & Cryptography 3.4.8. But the used browser can do it. ProxyMII with a more recent version of OpenSSL and Cryptography might work with them. As far as ProxyMII is concerned, I think the more recent the better. :yes:

OpenSSL still work fine.

Cryptography 40.0.2 2023-04-18 (that use Rust 1.48) also works (at first sight) at virtual system. But in real XP it fail because of SSE2 lack. I can't compile Rust 1.48 without SSE2...

I don't know if I understood you correctly. Can you create a new version of ProxyMII with OpenSSL 3.1.2 and Cryptography 40.0.2 2023-04-18 for Windows XP systems that have the SSE2 instruction set, and maybe upload it? SSE2 is of course not a feature of Windows XP but the processor used. :dubbio: Or are you unable to compile such a version because your computer lacks of the SSE2 instruction set? :dubbio:Unfortunately, I could not understand that from what you said. :no:

On 8/6/2023 at 12:38 PM, AstroSkipper said:

than you, the creator of ProxyMII

Sorry, i'm not creator.

All honors belong to @Dibya - Python 3.7 for XP and  @whenever (from www.prxbx.com) - ProxHTTPSProxyMII: Reloaded

I just put it together.

Honour to whom honour is due. Technically speaking, you are also a creator. You created the ProxyMII version with OpenSSL 3.0.5 & Cryptography 3.4.8smilie_denk_24.gif

Kind regards, AstroSkipper :)

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

1 hour ago, AstroSkipper said:

Or are you unable to compile such a version because your computer lacks of the SSE2 instruction set

AIUI, that's the exact case :P; Cryptograhy-41.0.0/Rust-1.56 doesn't work in Windows XP SP3, because it (probably) requires APIs/kernel functions not available under NT5.1 (due to Rust-1.56+ :realmad:); previous version, Cryptograhy-40.0.2/Rust-1.48, is the last one to work under XP SP3, but its official release requires the SSE2+ instructions set; since cmalex (re)compiles CPython itself and various Python modules from source (to make them compatible with his SSE-only older CPU), he can't produce the requested (updated) binaries on his current setup (he compiles stuff :( for) ...

There are some sites which can't be processed with the current ProxyMII based on OpenSSL 3.0.5 & Cryptography 3.4.8. But the used browser can do it.

I think that cmalex specifically asked for such examples ;) :

:whistle:

I think the more recent the better. :yes:

... :P Not everyone here will agree with that (I have NHTPG in mind :sneaky: ) ...

Best wishes to the both of you :) ...

2 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

As far as ProxyMII is concerned, I think the more recent the better. :yes:

Just to be as correct as possible the quoted above is what I said. In general, the rule "the more recent the better" does not always apply, of course.. albert.gif Otherwise, I would certainly no longer have a 23-year-old computer. :buehehe: Anyway! Thanks for your clarification! :)

1 hour ago, VistaLover said:

Best wishes to the both of you :) ...

Thanks! Wishes are always a good thing. :thumbup

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

1 hour ago, VistaLover said:
3 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

There are some sites which can't be processed with the current ProxyMII based on OpenSSL 3.0.5 & Cryptography 3.4.8. But the used browser can do it.

I think that cmalex specifically asked for such examples ;) :

4 hours ago, cmalex said:

:whistle:

The last not working site I can remember at the moment was https://onlyfans.com/. And there were definitely more in the past, of course. :yes: However, I didn't log them. smilie_denk_24.gif :whistle:

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

4 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

The last not working site I can remember at the moment was https://onlyfans.com/.

... Connecting to various "*onlyfans.com" hostnames through HTTPS with ProxHTTPSProxy as the MITM shouldn't be a problem per se :

6HLL8Wt.png

But in the actual browser (i.e. with a DIRECT connection), the secure connection to

"https://ws2.onlyfans.com/ws2g/*"

is being upgraded/redirected to a websockets connection, for actual OF content (images, videos, webfonts, etc.) to be correctly loaded/displayed:

"https://ws2.onlyfans.com/ws2g/*" => "wss://ws2.onlyfans.com/ws2g/*"

QDl7qle.png

In my short tests, this is where ProxHTTPSProxy fails: 

tomYVB4.png

... apparently nothing related to "newer" cipher suites and decryption :dubbio:...

4 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

Thanks! Wishes are always a good thing. :thumbup

... You're welcome ;); even better thing is when wishes actually come true :lol: ...

Edited by VistaLover

Greetings.

Sorry. My English is bad and getting worse...

On 8/10/2023 at 5:37 PM, AstroSkipper said:

Can you create a new version of ProxyMII with OpenSSL 3.1.2 and Cryptography 40.0.2 2023-04-18 for Windows XP systems that have the SSE2 instruction set, and maybe upload it?

https://mega.nz/folder/68dj2YTY#As2w31IO4Smr7gy6p1ciSg

ProxyMII_230813.7z. But i didn't know how to get ProxyMII to work with WebSockets.

And, please, take look at Privoxy3.0.35_231208.7z - looks like it open onlyfans.com normally.

On 8/10/2023 at 7:12 PM, VistaLover said:

Cryptograhy-41.0.0/Rust-1.56 doesn't work in Windows XP SP3, because it (probably) requires APIs/kernel functions not available under NT5.1 (due to Rust-1.56+ :realmad:); previous version, Cryptograhy-40.0.2/Rust-1.48, is the last one to work under XP SP3, but its official release requires the SSE2+ instructions set;

Thanks for You.

Official releases of Cryptography (at least >=40.0.0) didn't work in Windows XP.

Cryptography 40.0.2 for XP i can compile from sources with rust 1.48 (with i7-4770/Win8.1) - but it requires SSE2 instruction set (from some prebuild library?). Theoretically it's possible to build rust compiler "from scratch" - but i get lots of errors. So i can't test Cryptography 40.0.2 on my primary system (Athlon 2000+/WinXP).

Cryptography 41.0.0  use rust 1.56. Even "Hello world!", compiled with rust 1.56, fails on XP.

Best regards.