Dude

NotHereToPlayGames

I understand the word "dude" as equivalent to "mon vieux", "mon pote", "mec" in French or other languages... so friendly...but I could be wrong of course.:)

Edited by msfntor

14 hours ago, Tripredacus said:

Vistapocalypse didn't use it that way.

Playing "clever"  .

Jeez , I just don't get it, what's wrong with people these days ... so much hate right out of nowhere . Users should be helping each other here . It's only a handful of us left. I noticed many questions I ask are simply ignored or something like this follows (calling me names). In fact , the only persons who actually helped me and answered my topics are you (with the failed update), jaclaz (uni-extractor) , Dixel (chrome browsers and anti-tracking/removing telemetry) . I only count people who wrote on-topic answers that really helped . Again , thank you all ! I'll be glad to help any MSFN member . 

8 hours ago, msfntor said:

I understand the word "dude" as equivalent to "mon vieux", "mon pote", "mec" in French or other languages... so friendly...but I could be wrong of course.:)

Of course ! 

7 hours ago, D.Draker said:

the only persons who actually helped me and answered my topics are

Now, now.  That's not entirely fair.
You and I had a v13.5 discussion where we tried some write-protect file/folder naming scheme.
I had to roll that experiment back as far as a general-use release, but the method is still valid, just not perhaps for "all" files/folders.

But YES, agreed.  Sometimes there "sounds like" a lot of hate out of nowhere.
Hades, I've had those "sounds-like scenarios" with D.Draker and with Dixel (and with msfntor but for totally different reasons).
Speaking first-hand and as apologetic as possible, I do think that D.Draker, Dixel, and me kinda brings it upon ourselves at times.

Give me a second here before flocking feathers, lol.
I say that admitting at least "partial" blame.

PERSONALITY CLASHES are a PART OF LIFE.
They are EASIER to "de-escalate" in REAL LIFE as opposed to written form on a forum.

D.Draker, Dixel, and me all have somewhat of a "dominanat personality", somewhat of an "alpha dog persona".
At least that's how I "read" us three.  We are (not to sound egotistic or anything) "above average intelligence" and we (dare I say) "know it all".
Some times "knowing it all" and 'coming acrosss' as "knowing it all" can be a tad bit "aggressive" or even "hostile" to those that also "know it all" but are less "dominant" as far as their "personality".

Not sure if that makes any sense, but that's my "read" / "insight".

Onward and upward  :cool:

3 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

You and I had a v13.5 discussion where we tried some write-protect file/folder naming scheme.

Oh sorry man ! How could I forget you ! You , of course you too ! It must have've been the nickname you've recently changed . Again , so sorry !

23 hours ago, jaclaz said:

If I knew what the question was, I may.

The original question, if any, has been lost (or I cannot find it easily) in the midst of the (senseless) bickering (and whining).

Maybe if these latter behaviours could be stopped (possibly right now) the communication among members would be easier, smoother and also more productive.

jaclaz

jaclaz , thank you very much , the question (repeated again) is here. 

https://msfn.org/board/topic/183152-windows-vista-on-intel-haswell-and-later-issues/?do=findComment&comment=1210631

I don't know if you followed these topics . I'll tell this story , the short variant . A dude , sorry , a guy from Poland came out of nowhere just several weeks ago , claiming that Vista Haswell issues were fixed (he pointed at a self made article in beta wiki) and was busted by another users : Dixel , Jacob99 and the other user who asked me not to mention him (!). No Microsoft statement exists , of course , nothing to prove his "theory". So we need to forget about Haswell , it's not fixed . Now I found this comment , let's say "info" about newer Intel systems (Kaby-Lake) and another user says , please read below . I'm going to upgrade and I want to be sure if it really works . Thank you again.

https://msfn.org/board/topic/179810-download-links-for-all-vista-sp2-32-bit-and-64-bit-updates-from-windows-update/?do=findComment&comment=1187356

Ok, I see.

Once said that that topic is now officially a S.E.P. for me:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Somebody_else's_problem

I can however spend a couple of cents commenting on the general matter.

Daniel_k has an history of being accurate, but you are likely wanting to read in his brief statement something that possibly is not there.

TNSH (which will alas forever be known as "the Polish dude" :w00t:) seems - until actually proven  wrong on the specific topic - as well reliable and accurate, but - again - it seems to me like you are nitpicking on the perceived contents of a couple of Daniel_k's and possibly  Jakob99's posts.

All in all it seems to me like the whole stuff is based on no actual grounds.

From a little experience with similar experiments, the perception of an OS working terribly/so and so/perfectly can vary greatly depending on the expectations of the experimenter and on the actual specific uses/tests performed/whatever, and a number of local/specific factors may well influence the results.

@NotHereToPlayGames

Rest assured that lately many of your posts come out (in my eyes) as (without reason) slightly aggressive, mainly due to your (mis-)use of bolding, CAPITALIZATION and general tone.

Only for the record actual wolf pack leaders need not this prolonged aggressive approach, and most probably they don't even exist (as Alpha male/females), they are likely only the eldest of a family:

https://sciencenorway.no/ulv/wolf-packs-dont-actually-have-alpha-males-and-alpha-females-the-idea-is-based-on-a-misunderstanding/1850514 

There is another word (in English it begins as well with an a) that may describe someone that is not actually Alpha, leads nothing and is senselessly aggressive, if you want we[1] can start calling you "the A guy" leaving to the reader the option to expand the initial ... https://reboot.pro/public/style_emoticons/default/jaclaz.gif

jaclaz

[1] by we I mean the guild of grumpy old bastards, of which I am a proud member

Edited by jaclaz

I was looking for some Vista-compatible laptop to buy and I found that Betawiki article (from my first post) climing that all the issues on Haswell+ were fixed in a Server 2008. Being very optimistic about this (since Betawiki is from my experience a reliable source of information) I replied to Jakob99's post regarding this topic. (My account was not even 1 day old at that time. so it indeed may look like a scam), but after following the discussion it's clear that I wanted verification of this information.

The unnecessary drama around the topic has already made one person quit msfn (@vistapocalypse), but as usual the truth turned out to be in the middle.

Anyway, I'm going avoid posting about unverified information even for the purpose of their verification, and I'm sorry to everyone who is for any reason feeling bad about my posts.:yes:

Edited by TSNH

2 hours ago, TSNH said:

The unnecessary drama around the topic has already made one person quit msfn (@vistapocalypse), but as usual the truth turned out to be in the middle.

Anyway, I'm going avoid posting about unverified information even for the purpose of their verification, and I'm sorry to everyone who is for any reason feeling bad about my posts.:yes:

Hi, Polish dude :w00t:, don't worry, the member that the A guy :w00t: was denied quoting won't probably quit, and I hope that if he does quit it would be for other reasons.

It was a simple misunderstanding, it ended up in Funny Farm , ruffled feathers seem to me to have been unruffled, everything is cool, and all in all this is the best of all possible worlds[1].

jaclaz

[1] https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/150939-if-this-is-the-best-of-possible-worlds-what-then 

On 1/6/2022 at 10:05 AM, NotHereToPlayGames said:

me have somewhat of a "dominanat personality", somewhat of an "alpha dog persona".

Surely didn't look that way when you swallowed that insuit .

I mean, when Vistapocalypse called you (us) id*ots for using the word "dude" , indirectly of course .... but still.

P.S.

I totally agree with Tripredacus , we gotta be nice . While I beleive such insults shouldn't be tolerated .

I've used the word much differently so I personally did not feel attacked.

If you look at my history of using that word, never once have I ever directed it at anyone specifically.

In one instance, I referred to MYSELF as a "geeky dude".

In the other instances, they were of "generalities", not "at" anyone in particular.

I do think it is very different to start a sentence off with "Dude, did you even read" because in this context, "dude" and "you" is specifically being directed at "one person".

I would have felt under attack if I felt that sentence was directed "at me".

All in CONTEXT and CONTEXT doesn't always come across in WRITTEN FORM.

4 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

"Dude, did you even read"

No , I wrote "Dude, did you read". By inserting the word "even" you intentionally change the tone to negative, why ?

It was a simple question , without any strings attached ! Perhaps you (and the other non-dude) are simply overimaginative.

https://msfn.org/board/topic/183152-windows-vista-on-intel-haswell-and-later-issues/#comment-1210631