StartAllBack for Windows 11

Tihiy

13 minutes ago, Ionut Bara said:

good. fixed wrong second screen workspace 🫠

one problem but i don t know if it comes from windows or from startallback but when connect and disconnect devices the navigation pane does not refresh /update. (this happen in Canary)

Wow, maybe they aren't removing the code? I'm wondering if it's still there because they just can't remove it due to some sort of old Vista spaghetti code keeping it hidden there. Hence the feature flag to break it and not just stripping it out like they did with the system tray.

There must be something that will break if they remove it otherwise it would have been gone already OR they realize that their most dedicated users still like it and it's not harming anything so they are throwing us a bone. One of the two.

It probably doesn't help that there's yet another new person in charge of Windows and Surface.

If they'd just add small taskbar buttons and provide some API to allow for overlays on the taskbar so apps like Traffic Monitor and NetWorx work correctly and don't have icons overlap them I'd use the Win 11 taskbar.

If it is removed maybe it's a possibility to mod the new taskbar and make it better instead of a full rewrite if a full rewrite is even possible given the complexity.

Edited by mackid1993

Hello

Since version 3.7.7 (or before) the tooltips of the icons in the systray are "bigger", I would like to return to the same as with previous versions

SAB 3.7.2 :  SAB3.7.2.PNG.109fd948666ec4a693de613e3f228e61.PNG  SAB 3.7.7 :  SAB3.7.7.PNG.5320da0bb08db7908e9b340e2726db53.PNG

There was a registry key to change this, I believe
If yes, which one is it ? 

Thanks

55 minutes ago, tistou77 said:

Hello

Since version 3.7.7 (or before) the tooltips of the icons in the systray are "bigger", I would like to return to the same as with previous versions

SAB 3.7.2 :  SAB3.7.2.PNG.109fd948666ec4a693de613e3f228e61.PNG  SAB 3.7.7 :  SAB3.7.7.PNG.5320da0bb08db7908e9b340e2726db53.PNG

There was a registry key to change this, I believe
If yes, which one is it ? 

Thanks

Looks like mica acrylic to me, do you have Dark Magic on? There have been some changes recently with that.

Edit: image.thumb.png.e66dea284ab4ea4195b95598b5b37eec.png

Edited by mackid1993

16 hours ago, mackid1993 said:

Looks like mica acrylic to me, do you have Dark Magic on? There have been some changes recently with that.

Edit: image.thumb.png.e66dea284ab4ea4195b95598b5b37eec.png

Hello

Ok thanks and no, Dark Magic is off (never enabled) ;) 
I never even looked for where or how to activate it

Bigger tooltips are nice, on a touch screen, or other, but not on a classic screen (even MS doesn't make them that wide) :D

It's not really annoying

Edited by tistou77

Maybe found, that's the NoDarkTooltips key given by Tihiy (at the time of 2.2 version lol) which I used to change the tooltip, which was still present (I have forgotten about it)

And besides, the design is that of Windows by default now :D

Edited by tistou77

I have been reading this topic since its creation date. This program is awesome, and I want to install it on Windows 11, but I have some questions.

I am currently on the Insider Canary Channel (to see what's being baked into Windows very early), build 26085, already aware there's build 26090, will install it later. Is it safe to install StartAllBack in an Insider Canary build? Will it break my Windows 11 installation, considering the changes the Insider Canary Channel gets? I really hope not, as I don't want to lose any data.

Please respond and thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, mina7601 said:

I have been reading this topic since its creation date. This program is awesome, and I want to install it on Windows 11, but I have some questions.

I am currently on the Insider Canary Channel (to see what's being baked into Windows very early), build 26085, already aware there's build 26090, will install it later. Is it safe to install StartAllBack in an Insider Canary build? Will it break my Windows 11 installation, considering the changes the Insider Canary Channel gets? I really hope not, as I don't want to lose any data.

Please respond and thanks in advance.

It's never safe, any build can break it. Right now other users have reported things working on 26090 and that's all we know.

There is a new feature flag called DisableWin10Taskbar that's enabled by default. SAB 3.7.7 bypasses this but we don't know if this means the classic taskbar will be removed soon and if so what can be done to replace it.

On 3/19/2024 at 8:30 AM, User77111 said:

Hello,

It looks like some msstyle editing is happening with the startallback program and I would like to share some edits that have not yet been covered by startallback.

Example

Here are the edits, and instructions on how to apply them:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Av1dDuTYEuYRgcoOZRusHndOHQJAwg?e=8lmcET

Some of the edits are already fixed using startallback in the main file explorer window. I have included them still because they are not fixed in the "Open" File Explorer Window.

Let me know if the "addresses" are useless. I use WSB for my msstyle edits and I have other methods of getting addresses.

Let me know if you have any questions or comments :)

Is this something that can be implemented in StartAllBack?

@Tihiy Is there a way to make "colorize everything with accent color" work with custom windows themes?

--edit--

For e.g. the highlight and selection colors.

The highlight and selection colors are static when using a custom theme. Is there a way to override this behavior?

image.png.632d8eb27431c7866e9a1f8290b02b4a.png

Edited by Tusticles

I want to report a bug, that keeps Terminal options in WinX start menu after installing SAB, I'm on 3.7.7 version.

What I've done to fix that:

- removed powershell shortcuts from both user and default WinX folders,
- removed "Open in Windows Terminal" context menu for all and current user from registry,
- disabled all SAB settings, leaving enhanced taskbar on,
- restarted explorer/vm many times,

and it seemed to remove these terminal options when SAB is not installed, and when installed - with enhanced taskbar option disabled. Once I activate enhanced taskbar again, terminal options are visible again.

1.png

2.png

i was wondering if someone could help me out........ i am on 23H2 i downloaded a few themes but the .Msstyles in the folder of the theme won't let me choose in startallback. I have put in in the right start but its not working ill post the file 

Quixotic Night SAB.msstyles Quixotic Day SAB.msstyles Quixotic - light.svg Quixotic - pink.svg Quixotic - dark.svg

On 3/29/2024 at 5:22 PM, User77111 said:

Is this something that can be implemented in StartAllBack?

Would much rather someone say no or thinking about it then be ignored. Then I can move on.