StartAllBack for Windows 11

Tihiy

MS have changed something and now its not as ideal.

I loose the whole BT/WIFI/NIGHT LIGHT Buttons and SAB's little custom icon in taskbar menu in Green if flight enabled (no WIFI as I am wired 99.9% of the time).

I was 100% happy with it the before this changed again in this build of Win11

Example: https://postimg.cc/gallery/G4W0YMz

Edited by helmutcheese

1 hour ago, Tihiy said:

Well, this has to do with myriad feature flags around copilot and working area hacks MS is doing. But generally classic taskbar is dead code and 24H2 is going bring only degradations and pain.

Out of curiosity and just for my own peace of mind do you plan on removing taskbar functionality from StartAllBack when the classic taskbar code is unworkable or do you think you'll be able to do something like you did with the system tray (which is better than ever now!). Either way you are a brilliant engineer and I really thank you for all you do to make Windows better! :) 

i use IcarosThumbnail provider for show thumbnails for image and videos, but somehow it brakes StartAllBack somehow.

UWP Apps are shown like this (using default image icon)20240315_130941_1.thumb.jpg.fcd51e9dae5c20bdd5cac6544b23f71c.jpg

Edited by Ionut Bara

On 3/13/2024 at 9:00 PM, mackid1993 said:

Don't use the Windows 8 theme then.... you are causing your own problem and complaining to us. Use the default theme, set taskbar to clear, opacity to 0 and you will see nothing when hidden.

Otherwise burn baby burn.... 🪩 Maybe be a little more respectful to the developer as well, being nice gets you further.

I paid $7 for the program, I should be able to suggest a feature that allows me to use it on OLED monitors without being told strange sayings? And apparently I'm disrespecting tihiy? I don't see where I was disrespectful at all other than my caps lock in the first comment, and you still see it in the default theme if a taskbar icon glows, such as when a download finishes. Maybe in the future when the classic taskbar code is removed Tihiy can fix the issue so burn-in doesn't happen.

Edited by Ten2O

14 hours ago, Ten2O said:

I paid $7 for the program, I should be able to suggest a feature that allows me to use it on OLED monitors without being told strange sayings? And apparently I'm disrespecting tihiy? I don't see where I was disrespectful at all other than my caps lock in the first comment, and you still see it in the default theme if a taskbar icon glows, such as when a download finishes. Maybe in the future when the classic taskbar code is removed Tihiy can fix the issue so burn-in doesn't happen.

The glowing can be shut off in the settings app.

image.thumb.png.3854091109ccadde833cc9e99272e19b.png

Edit: I may be wrong, this may only work for the Win 11 taskbar. If so, sorry!

Edit 1: To not double post, the flashing drives me nuts and this setting does work with SAB. @Ten2O let me know if this helps you prevent your burn in. You may need to reboot or restart explorer after changing this setting.

Edited by mackid1993

@Tihiy i found a way to repair the wrong workspace in second screen when using classic taskbar in SaB in Windows 11 Canary 26063+, if you are interested.

Change the main display from settings and reboot. When rebooting the space will be wrong. To get correctly, set the second screen as main display and after that set the first screen as main display back. This is will work until next reboot.

Edited by Ionut Bara

Hello,

It looks like some msstyle editing is happening with the startallback program and I would like to share some edits that have not yet been covered by startallback.

Example

Here are the edits, and instructions on how to apply them:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Av1dDuTYEuYRgcoOZRusHndOHQJAwg?e=8lmcET

Some of the edits are already fixed using startallback in the main file explorer window. I have included them still because they are not fixed in the "Open" File Explorer Window.

Let me know if the "addresses" are useless. I use WSB for my msstyle edits and I have other methods of getting addresses.

Let me know if you have any questions or comments :)

Edited by User77111

Since the last few updates, I haven't been able to display my volume control on the task bar. I go into Tray Icons. It's "on" but doesn't display and is only visible in Hidden Icons. I tried turning it off and back on, but nothing changed. I'm on a Dell laptop, running Windows 11 Business and just upgraded to StartAllBack 3.7.7.

Everything else works perfectly, and I'm very happy with the program.

Thank you.

Steven

StartAllBack Volume Icon.png

42 minutes ago, rseiler said:

26085: no drama

Eventually it's just gonna be gone I fear. Hopefully by then @Tihiy has a solution. Fortunately we have until the fall before 24H2 is broadly deployed.

Edited by mackid1993

14 hours ago, StevenCinNYC said:

Since the last few updates, I haven't been able to display my volume control on the task bar.

Check the registry HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

If HideSCAVolume exists and is set to 1 set it to 0.

Edited by FZERO

Hello, is it possible to replace the cross icon ( picture 1) in the top right corner of the explorer(in Win10 mode,win11 22621.2215  +SAB 3.7.7,I have already used ViVeTool-v0.3.3 to disable the multiple-tabs feature.)with the question-mark icon (picture 2) ?

Thank you.

picture 1:

1.png.199124aecb31c1460e0b56148ac10f71.png

picture 2:

2.jpg.a92db68a92025f2b7dd9345cdbcaaace.jpg

Edited by aero11xyz

Hi. Was a StartIsBack customer and was evaluating StartAllBack for W11 via a VM.

I found some bugs with the jumplist behavior in v3.7.7. Since I use the taskbar in the vertical orientation this is when I observed them.

Bug #1: dragging out jumplist from any taskbar icon fails to display jumplist when any application window is minimized.

JphA4l3.gif

Bug #2: dragging out jumplist from any taskbar icon opens adjacent File Explorer open window thumbnail selector, if there's at least one non-minimized open application window.

v5lGBhn.gif

7X7n7au.gif

I'd be interested to know if these are reproducible on your end.

Environment:

- Fresh install of Windows 11 Pro 23H2 (build 22631.2861), in Proxmox VM.

- No other extra programs installed, besides what the official W11 ISO comes with, when the bugs were observed.

Edited by Specular

I'm running the Canary build 26085 and using StartAllBack v3.7.7 and have run into a small problem. On my second display, part of the open window always hides under the Taskbar unless I minimize the program. This happens anywhere I move the Taskbar. I also had this problem on the last Insider Canary build. For now I have the Taskbar set to not show on my second monitor.