StartAllBack for Windows 11

Tihiy

25 minutes ago, helmutcheese said:

New Win 11 CAN/DEV build (1st in almost a month) stops SAB loading no matter if you agree to it after updating as per normal, it will be not be running.

QUOTE:

"The only disappointment so far is the hit that StartallBack took. Something about DisableWin10Taskbar being enabled by default, though vivetool'g it (42537950) disabled again had no effect for me."

Unlike the above user I have not enabled that setting.

Let's just hope Tihiy can reimplement the taskbar like he did with the system tray. One could hope....

2 hours ago, Ol1v3r said:

I'm on Win11 23H2 using StartAllBack 3.7.5 and I have all kind of ugly artifacts. mainly on apps with light interface or not fully dark interface (see the attached screenshots). There is an exception though: the Windows Task Manager in the Performance tab.

Did you somehow enable 16-bit display color mode?

4 hours ago, Ten2O said:

I'm using Windows 8 theme. You still see the tops of taskbar items when it's hidden, no matter the opacity of the background.

I still don't understand what you're talking about with that.

Don't use the Windows 8 theme then.... you are causing your own problem and complaining to us. Use the default theme, set taskbar to clear, opacity to 0 and you will see nothing when hidden.

Otherwise burn baby burn.... 🪩 Maybe be a little more respectful to the developer as well, being nice gets you further.

28 minutes ago, Tihiy said:

Did you somehow enable 16-bit display color mode?

No. I didn't even know about this setting. But I found it eventually. I'm on 32-bit.

ColorMode.PNG

I updated as well to the latest version now (3.7.6). Unfortunately, no dice. 

Edited by Ol1v3r

On 2/28/2024 at 5:48 PM, tistou77 said:

Hello @Tihiy

With the latest version of Windows 11 (22631.3155) and SAB 3.7.5 (same with 3.7.3), I noticed that the explorer restarts when Howard Email Notifier opens a pop-up (new email) in systray
This problem does not appear if I launch Howard and a popup appears (only if Howard has been running for some time)

Thanks

EDIT : No problem with the "Safe to remove hardware" popup for example

I found where the bug comes from, it's with SAB and notification center

If I uncheck the "show notifications in notification center" option in Settings-System-Notification => Howard, and restart explorer.exe (or reboot)
The problem appears

Capture.PNG.3f4bfd426eb19bc3a3c1d97bdefbc8c2.PNG

StartAllBack 3.7.6 now fails to load on the new Win11 build - 26080.ge_release.240308-1400.

Force enabling gets me to a broken Explorer.

Screenshot 2024-03-14 111819.png

31 minutes ago, eram1 said:

StartAllBack 3.7.6 now fails to load on the new Win11 build - 26080.ge_release.240308-1400.

Force enabling gets me to a broken Explorer.

Screenshot 2024-03-14 111819.png

Same for me. Any plans for an update to fix this?

Something has changed with SysTab32 controls font rendering.

Build 4888 was good, but 4892 is a bit blurry.

I just noticed that WordPad has Mica, but classic Paint does not. But they both have new Ribbon design.

EDIT: They both have Mica. I was wrong.

Edited by Alloyd

Posted (edited)

StartAllBack 3.7.7

- Enabled deprecated taskbar on 26080

- Fixed bizzare toast crash

- Fixed scrollbars unexpectedly dark on 3.7.6

- Fixed stale taskbar tooltips on 3.7.6

Edited by Tihiy

Thank you very much for the very quick solution Thiy
I've almost gone mad here with this stupid Windows 11 taskbar and Explorer view.
Your work should be worth its weight in gold.:cheerleader:
Really super fast and good support:thumbup

@Tihiy Seems to be good, thanks for the update

By the way, if anyone knows how to remove/hide this "notification center" above the calendar

Edited by tistou77

3 hours ago, Tihiy said:

StartAllBack 3.7.7

@Tihiy i want to clarify something,, the bug of second screen taskbar space are not taked correctly, enabling startallback 3.7.5 on build insider 26063 or newer, the space it takes wrong, In builf 26080 the taskbar appears on the screen , but the space is taken as full screen by window manager, in normal windows 11 taskbar (disabled classic taskbar) this thing is not happening due the unchangeable taskbar space. Is a solution to fix it? or does this thing was caused by windows? if you found that bug with space, it is possible to fix the problem?

Well, this has to do with myriad feature flags around copilot and working area hacks MS is doing. But generally classic taskbar is dead code and 24H2 is going bring only degradations and pain.