StartAllBack for Windows 11

Tihiy

@Tihiy please, what is the correct behavior of the window and taskbar? Should the taskbar overlap the window, or should the window overlap the taskbar? Ideally, the window should stop at the edge of the taskbar so that both elements are visible.

2023-07-04_16h26_21.png

6 hours ago, Mikaelo said:

@Tihiy please, what is the correct behavior of the window and taskbar? Should the taskbar overlap the window, or should the window overlap the taskbar? Ideally, the window should stop at the edge of the taskbar so that both elements are visible.

2023-07-04_16h26_21.png

Sorry, my fault. It was due to disabling aero snapping :-(.

On 6/15/2023 at 4:35 PM, GHOSTDATA said:

I've encountered a bug with the Action/Notification Center when auto-hide taskbar is enabled in the taskbar settings on Windows 11. I've posted some screenshots below. Once I disable auto-hiding, the bug no longer occurs. Hopefully since I've found the exact cause of the bug, this will help the developer fix it. Unfortunately I have a QD-OLED monitor so auto-hiding the taskbar is essential to prevent any burn-in issues with my display.

With auto-hide taskbar enabled:

cMKEIqr.jpg

XtZ5FgS.jpg

With auto-hide taskbar disabled:

92F6zDQ.jpg

VnEdaf5.jpg

@Tihiy has there been any update on possibly fixing this with stacked display configurations? Or is this not easy to fix?

Good morning.  My wife is quite weird and likes her taskbar on the right side of her monitor.  Her computer upgraded to 22h2 (22621.1848) this weekend.  Her taskbar defaulted to the bottom. When I try to change it to either left or right, the taskbar just completely disappears.  I reinstalled StartAllBack 3.6.8, but I get the same result.

Please advise. Thanks.

I'm on W11 Pro build 23493 and 3.6.8.  I'm getting an odd behavior where the desktop goes "white" for a second, then reloads all desktop icons.  This happens ~once per min.  The computer is frozen during this period and focus is usually lost.  It's happened five times while typing this comment.  Disabling StartAllBack fixes the problem...but I'm left with the start menu at the bottom of the screen, which I hate.  Any ideas?

@Tihiy Whether you believe it or not the recent updates making the save as window hang. reverted old build 3.3.4 works fine.
Still
1. Explorer does not remember the maximized position. When we restart the OS its comes like restored Window.
2. The elevated programs asks permission always left side of the screen instead of displaying center screen. if we use pinned elevated program or search the program and use Ctrl+Shift.

Edited by Manoes

On 7/12/2023 at 11:23 PM, marrt said:

I'm on W11 Pro build 23493 and 3.6.8.  I'm getting an odd behavior where the desktop goes "white" for a second, then reloads all desktop icons.  This happens ~once per min.  The computer is frozen during this period and focus is usually lost.  It's happened five times while typing this comment.  Disabling StartAllBack fixes the problem...but I'm left with the start menu at the bottom of the screen, which I hate.  Any ideas?

Hello Tihiy
I have the same problem as my predecessor. However, I am on the insider version 25905.1000 and with me opens every 20 seconds at the latest a window where it says:
Explorer.exe system error "Overflow of a stack-based buffer".
I have already tried everything like reinstalling Windows, reinstalling StartAllBack. Repair of system files. The only way to solve this problem is to either uninstall StartAllBack or disable it for that user.
I hope you can reproduce the problem and offer us a solution.

@TihiyWish: right now if I do Win+R → control printers, the modern interface opens (I have to instead do Win+R → control → Devices and Printers). Would it be possible to make control printers open Devices and Printers directly?