StartAllBack for Windows 11

Tihiy

I've encountered a bug with the Action/Notification Center when auto-hide taskbar is enabled in the taskbar settings on Windows 11. I've posted some screenshots below. Once I disable auto-hiding, the bug no longer occurs. Hopefully since I've found the exact cause of the bug, this will help the developer fix it. Unfortunately I have a QD-OLED monitor so auto-hiding the taskbar is essential to prevent any burn-in issues with my display.

With auto-hide taskbar enabled:

cMKEIqr.jpg

XtZ5FgS.jpg

With auto-hide taskbar disabled:

92F6zDQ.jpg

VnEdaf5.jpg

Edited by GHOSTDATA

thanks for 3.6.7 !

small question, I activated Dark Magic via cmd from the StartAllBack folder with the command, but even activated (followed by a reboot of the explorer) I do not see any difference compared to usual, someone kindly told me indicate or visualize these changes please?

v1iwP27.png

:hello:

19 minutes ago, gsrd90 said:

thanks for 3.6.7 !

small question, I activated Dark Magic via cmd from the StartAllBack folder with the command, but even activated (followed by a reboot of the explorer) I do not see any difference compared to usual, someone kindly told me indicate or visualize these changes please?

v1iwP27.png

:hello:

Right now it's just acrylic menus. For example open device manager and click any dropdown menu and you'll see that it's acrylic. It doesn't support apps that don't use standard Win32 menus.

5 hours ago, mackid1993 said:

Pour l'instant, ce ne sont que des menus en acrylique. Par exemple, ouvrez le gestionnaire de périphériques et cliquez sur n'importe quel menu déroulant et vous verrez qu'il s'agit d'acrylique. Il ne prend pas en charge les applications qui n'utilisent pas les menus Win32 standard.

OK, thanks for the details.

that said, I don't have any acrylic drop-down menu:

dfv.png

moreover there is a color problem on the black w32 applications

explorer_KKwK7BfKYs.png

-

Edited by gsrd90

6 hours ago, gsrd90 said:

that said, I don't have any acrylic drop-down menu:

You do

6 hours ago, gsrd90 said:

there is a color problem on the black w32 applications

Not w32 apps, explorer

Seems you have MicaForEveryone, that's not for everyone

I don't know if custom themes are still a supported use case scenario, however when porting an old Windows 7 theme I made to the latest version of SAB I ran into two issues that I can't seem to figure out.

1) The programs list seems to double-render under the program's label. For example in the screenshot below I used the included Windows 7 theme and modified the StartPanelComposited::StartPanelPriv, Part# 6, State# 0 with a solid color #3C000000. As you can see the the individual list items are black as a result.

spacer.png

2) The second issue is, SAB seems to no longer take into account the DEFAULTPANESIZE:RECT value in StartPanelPriv, Parts# 6, 7, 9, 10, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 20, and 22

spacer.png

The older StartIsBack used to work fine in this regard (see: https://www.deviantart.com/longhornfusion/art/M7-with-new-Start-Menu-380790291 (although this is from 10 years ago))

Is there anyway to work around these?

2 minutes ago, PandaX said:

Is there anyway to work around these?

Styles work (and worked) differently depending whether they're used as system ones or SAB styles (you're not supposed to place them there but everybody did). You have to figure out how to shove StartPanelComposited into style set for the system.

StartAllBack 3.6.8

- Left-clicking Bluetooth icons opens control center / bluetooth

- Windows 10 flyouts for network/battery works again

- Fixed ROM properties shell extension crash

- Fixed taskbar context menu instead of tray icon context menu appearing sometimes

Dark magic improvements

Edited by Tihiy

How do I report a bug.  Seems this bug has existed for a while.  I spoke to someone in IRC who stated they decided not to use StartAllBack because the taskbar kept putting the system tray icons on the wrong screen (not the primary screen).  As it turns out I have a client with the very same issue.  She has 3 screens and whenever she connects to her docking station the tray icons are on the wrong screen.  She has to go into the display settings, set a different default monitor then switch it back to get them to move to the right screen.  So.. is there a fix for this?  Or a place I can report this bug?