StartAllBack for Windows 11

Tihiy

On 2/3/2023 at 8:22 AM, ttalonso said:

In the latest insiders builds, with the classic bar at top, there is a problem with start menu. The problem exits in lots of insider builds new versions but it doesn't fix any update, any solution for this?

Really I only use startallback to have the bar at top. Thanks!!

startallback (Grande).jpg

sorry, any solution for this?

I use SAB just for the taskbar, not for the start menu, that's the default WIN 11 22H2. When I have taskbar at the bottom, the Start menu is centered at the bottom, but when I switch the taskbar to the top, the Star menu is placed at the left top, not at the middle top. @Tihiy is this the standard behavior? I expected the start menu will be at the middle top when the taskbar is at the top. I have the taskbar icons with start button together set to the middle.

Thnx 👍

using win 11 22H2. after some debloating with ntlite the system works fine except the search in startallback. the explorer crashes when i type anything. the standard search from the indows start works fine. maybe you can make startallback use same search engine as windows uses itself?
btw, if i unselect "search programs and settings" the explorer does not crash but i cannot find any program ofc. maybe there are some settings search result that are still indexed but unavailable after debloat?

Capture a crash dump, video is unhelpful.

1) Import this registry key http://startisback.com/Enable_Crash_Reports.reg

2) Create C:\dumps folder

3) Crash

4) Send me dmp file from C:\dumps folder

I noticed a minor issue when dragging the StartAllBack configuration window between monitors that have different DPIs (in my case 144 DPI/150% and 96 DPI/100%) - after switching between monitors a few times, the elements get tinier and tinier. The re-rendering is also noticeably laggy.

I'm using StartAllBack 3.6 in Windows 11 22H2 22621.1194.

Screenshot 2023-02-10 152914.png

Edited by Quppa

12 hours ago, salandreika said:

It crashes due to SAB building settings cache and ... uhm some handwrinting ink recognizer partially removed? Search in settings would also crash here I believe.

You can create Start_SearchPCSettings = (DWORD)0 in HKCU\Software\StartIsBack to workaround that

Reporting a Bug:

on this latest version of startallback (3.6.0.4632) in the properties menu of windows explorer the text on tabs section has become invisible and unreadable in HDR mode (it fixes if you switch to SDR). it was ok and working properly in the prior versions that had the dark mode extended to this part of explorer but got broken in this version. I wanted to share a screenshot of the issue but it cannot be seen in the screenshot because its an issue with HDR mode.

Hello, and thank you for your work on SAB.

I was wondering if you're planning to make a Start menu similar to the Windows 10 menu?

The Start Menu exposed by ExplorerPatcher is broken and it would be lovely to have this option present on SAB.

It offers some features that make it more valued by many than Windows 7 style menus. Namely the capacity to pin many more icons and group them into groups, folders, not to mention the Live Tiles.

Hi! Does someone have a way of disabling the recommended sectio in start menu in order to use all that space for pinned apps? I already use StartAllBack and MicaForEveryone so i would like to avoid installing a 3rd extendion that can do that (explorerpatcher)

It would be extremely nice to integrate that into startallback

I've tried regedit and gpedit to hide that section but no luck, it is still there (Empty with help text "To show your recent files and apps..."

Feature request: Add back the ability to always show the Explorer Menu bar (the one with FIle, Edit, etc that appears when you press Alt) when using the Windows 7 Command bar since it was removed in Windows 11. Also fix the menu bar not working from Control Panel.

FIle_Explorer_Menu_Bar.thumb.png.a748b87e441b8f19a2b13ee55e4655c0.png