StartAllBack for Windows 11

Tihiy

How to debug? Right click -> Terminal (Admin) causes crash/explorer restart. Terminal w/o admin works and other right click options work without crash. W11 x64 01/23 updates.

edit: Possibly Terminal launch (via Terminal settings) cmd as Admin cause this.

Edited by Horse

2 hours ago, Horse said:

How to debug? Right click -> Terminal (Admin) causes crash/explorer restart. Terminal w/o admin works and other right click options work without crash. W11 x64 01/23 updates.

edit: Possibly Terminal launch (via Terminal settings) cmd as Admin cause this.

On 1/7/2023 at 10:22 PM, Tihiy said:

Why tho? Latest version seems to work ok. You can disable tabs using vivetool.

before yes, now vivetool no longer works with the latest build 22h2 (22621.1105) the commands integrate but nothing changes on restart and the tabs are still present. The solution is therefore obsolete today.

So i have a question of sorts.

On your website it states the current version is 3.5.7 and if you use this installer the dll shows as 3.5.7: https://www.startallback.com/download.php

However if one was to download this installer the dll shows 3.6.0: http://startisback.com/StartAllBack_setup.exe

I noticed the domains are different but belong to you and are hosted on the same server.

I'm just curious as to what the difference is? Is there a change-log, is this a beta or? What is the difference between these files?

Edited by Sauce

On 1/16/2023 at 10:01 AM, Tihiy said:

Add DontUsePowerShellOnWinX registry key

Thanks so much :thumbup

On 1/20/2023 at 8:29 AM, Mikaelo said:

It doesn't work in 22H2 version 22621. 1192 build

Indeed, it does not work

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\StartIsBack]
"DontUsePowerShellOnWinX"=dword:00000001

@Tihiy Possible to resolve this ?

Thanks

1 hour ago, bapt said:

Indeed, it does not work

Google DontUsePowerShellOnWinX. It's supposed to be in HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced

8 hours ago, Sauce said:

What is the difference between these files?

Look on Twitter. There are search box on taskbar plus more dark mode plus bugs.

21 hours ago, Tihiy said:

Google DontUsePowerShellOnWinX. It's supposed to be in HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced

Look on Twitter. There are search box on taskbar plus more dark mode plus bugs.

@Tihiy, where can we primarily watch the new releases?

Edited by Mikaelo

21 hours ago, Tihiy said:

Unfortunately, this does't work. I have used this REG key right away.

On 1/22/2023 at 12:34 PM, Tihiy said:

5 hours ago, Tihiy said:

It works with classic taskbar only

Oops, indeed it works with the classic taskbar (by default) 
Thanks, for a long time I wanted to replace with Command Prompt

Edited by bapt

STARTALLBACK SEEMS TO BE CHANGING OPERATION OF WINKEY

Used Start10 and Start11 before switching to StartIsBack, and later to StartAllBack. Start10 and Start11 allowed the WinKey to open the original Windows Menu. I can't seem to find a way to do that with StartAllBack. The WinKey opens the SAB menu, just like the Start Button.

I have occasion to help friends with computer issues and would like to use the original menu key when trying to help them navigate the Windows menu, on the phone. Am I missing a setting buried somewhere? Thanks for any help you can offer. Chuck

3 hours ago, cdressel said:

STARTALLBACK SEEMS TO BE CHANGING OPERATION OF WINKEY

Used Start10 and Start11 before switching to StartIsBack, and later to StartAllBack. Start10 and Start11 allowed the WinKey to open the original Windows Menu. I can't seem to find a way to do that with StartAllBack. The WinKey opens the SAB menu, just like the Start Button.

I have occasion to help friends with computer issues and would like to use the original menu key when trying to help them navigate the Windows menu, on the phone. Am I missing a setting buried somewhere? Thanks for any help you can offer. Chuck

Or maybe [something] + WINkey?