StartAllBack for Windows 11

Tihiy

15 hours ago, mackid1993 said:

I love this application, I remember using SIB on Windows 8.1 many years ago and am loving SAB on Windows 11 so much that I wish I continued using SIB++ on Windows 10 all of these years. Props to Tihiy for making such a great tool that a company with a team of people (Stardock) can't even come close to! Anyway I noticed a small issue on 22H2 with tabs enabled with Vivetool. When I have Mica Effect enabled in Explorer Settings an am either using the Win 10 or Win 7 layout and the explorer window is full screen the top is slightly cut off. With the Mica Effect disabled this issue goes away.

Mica on:

image.thumb.png.75c9c9991052f56d4a6c2b9aa770ab87.png

Mica off:

image.thumb.png.ffe20ee156cf925285e7b67472346e51.png

This happens regardless of how many tabs are open or whether the taskbar is on top of the bottom (I use it on top). It seems to be a little graphical bug caused by the Mica effect being enabled along with tabs. What is also of note is that using the Win 11 command bar there is no issue with Mica on.

I just want to add and after a little more testing this happens regardless of whether tabs are enabled or not. It seems like Mica is partially broken on 22H2 (said 21H2 in my initial post but I meant 22H2).

One bug with SAB. If we type a program that runs as administrative privilege ( I have set UAC as "Notify me only when apps try to make changes to my computer (do not dim my desktop)). the Yes No screen appears left corner and that window is not set focused. If I uninstall the SAB and use windows default start it works very nice (UAC screen shows windows center screen and that window set focused)

Regards

1 hour ago, Manoes said:

Yes No screen appears left corner and that window is not set focused

Can't reproduce. SAB contains special support for this scenario

2 minutes ago, Manoes said:

With Latest release windows 11 22H2 the SAB is not usefull

What do you even mean

33 minutes ago, Manoes said:

Mate... the explorer restarts more often.. Have you checked with latest version 22H2?.

I don't see that. Please specify reproduction scenario, crash details

Just now, Tihiy said:

I don't see that. Please specify reproduction scenario, crash details

How to do that?.

what happens is If I have opened some explorers windows like c:, d:\, e:\myfiles.,,,
and I click start button it make the taskbar fully wiped (close all my opened explorer windows).

Regards

I am having this problem, the Edge profile image is not decreasing in size and is as you can see in the image, I have to say that I have even formatted, thinking it was something in the system, but it seems to be a problem of Edge with StartAllBack.

By the way, I have tried in the stable and insider version of windows, in all the same problem, also the versions of StartAllBack, I have tried up to 3.4.4, and also the same. Hope you can give me a solution, ty.

Screenshot 2022-10-14 153319.png

Explorer does not remember the size and position of its window if the "ribbon interface" is selected.

- StartAllBack 3.5.2.4532

- Win 22621.675

Edited by day7

8 hours ago, Manoes said:

Mate... the explorer restarts more often.. Have you checked with latest version 22H2?.

Regards

I've also been noticing many restarts, but didn't mention it because I thought it was due to my running some extremely memory intensive tasks for long periods.

7 hours ago, Tihiy said:

I need a crash dump please

1) Import this registry key http://startisback.com/Enable_Crash_Reports.reg

2) Create C:\dumps folder

3) Crash

4) Send me dmp file from C:\dumps  folder

I'm doing this also, and I'll send it along when (if) it happens again.