StartAllBack for Windows 11

Tihiy

Any idea why the modern tooltips are not applied when opening an app (PotPlayer) from shell/context menu?

Running the app by double clicking the exe

image.png.95da56336e9930a67feb52d6f702b8bd.png

Running the app from shell/context menu

image.png.3b454e1b54ade3aec0e5071add6c3f3f.png

On 5/20/2024 at 12:07 AM, Vader said:

Hi, it works great with Windows 11 version 26100.560 24H2 :cool:

Yeah. I upgraded to non-Insider 26100. So far I'm finding it very stable and SAB is working.

14 minutes ago, mackid1993 said:

I upgraded to non-Insider 26100. So far I'm finding it very stable and SAB is working.

On the insider's 26212 everything is fine too, including the classic taskbar.

Downloaded and installed the 24H2 Cumulative Update for 26100.712 (KB5037850) on our Iot Ent LTSC installs.

No problems with SAB.

Purchased license 3-pack on the 20th.  I would urge everyone to buy at least one license and support Tihiy.

Jim

46 minutes ago, MidnightInAurora said:

Downloaded and installed the 24H2 Cumulative Update for 26100.712 (KB5037850) on our Iot Ent LTSC installs.

No problems with SAB.

Purchased license 3-pack on the 20th.  I would urge everyone to buy at least one license and support Tihiy.

Jim

I have 5! Only 3 machines but 5 licenses. Out of curiosity what do you like about Iot Enterprise LTSC? How are you activating it? massgrave.dev hwid?

7 minutes ago, mackid1993 said:

I have 5! Only 3 machines but 5 licenses. Out of curiosity what do you like about Iot Enterprise LTSC? How are you activating it? massgrave.dev hwid?

Back when we upgraded from Win 7 to 10, we installed Win 10 Pro and ran it for testing.  Pro was loaded with games and I looked at switching us to a Linux distro.  I found an ISO of LTSB 2015 and tried that.  It was great.  LTSC has no games, uninstallable Edge and either 5 (LTSC) or 10 (IOT LTSC) years of support and most importantly for us, feature updates when we want them, not when MS wants them.  For us, it's perfect.

Yes, we activate 26100 with mas hwid.  Towards the end of the year, they'll be online key sellers with $5 MS keys for Win 11 IOT LTSC and we'll get those.

Jim

1 minute ago, MidnightInAurora said:

Back when we upgraded from Win 7 to 10, we installed Win 10 Pro and ran it for testing.  Pro was loaded with games and I looked at switching us to a Linux distro.  I found an ISO of LTSB 2015 and tried that.  It was great.  LTSC has no games, uninstallable Edge and either 5 (LTSC) or 10 (IOT LTSC) years of support and most importantly for us, feature updates when we want them, not when MS wants them.  For us, it's perfect.

Yes, we activate 26100 with mas hwid.  Towards the end of the year, they'll be online key sellers with $5 MS keys for Win 11 IOT LTSC and we'll get those.

Jim

If you're using mas hwid you have a digital license, you really don't need the key at that point. Where did you get the iso? I've only seen a leaked one from a chinese site that people say not to use on production systems since there is no MD5 to compare to.

10 minutes ago, mackid1993 said:

If you're using mas hwid you have a digital license, you really don't need the key at that point. Where did you get the iso? I've only seen a leaked one from a chinese site that people say not to use on production systems since there is no MD5 to compare to.

Our 26100.1 ISO came from a trusted U.S. source.  It is a digital license, but we don't like to cheat (too much anyway).

11 hours ago, MidnightInAurora said:

Our 26100.1 ISO came from a trusted U.S. source.  It is a digital license, but we don't like to cheat (too much anyway).

Those $5 keys are as much cheating as using digital licenses…

Posted (edited)
On 5/21/2024 at 6:22 PM, Tusticles said:

Any idea why the modern tooltips are not applied when opening an app (PotPlayer) from shell/context menu?

Running the app by double clicking the exe

image.png.95da56336e9930a67feb52d6f702b8bd.png

Running the app from shell/context menu

image.png.3b454e1b54ade3aec0e5071add6c3f3f.png

@Tihiy Any fix for this 'issue', or at least an explanation why is it happening? Thanks.

Edited by Tusticles