360 Extreme Explorer ArcticFoxie Versions

3 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Agreed!  I am actually in-process of that very thing.  My hopes are to prevent/decrease the address bar delay.  You may notice that when you launch 360Chrome, if you start typing in the address bar "right away", you have to start your typing over after a second or two.  I'm hoping to prevent/decrease that delay.

Nothing even remotely similar here with the black skin , but lately noticed uBlock 1.4 started to be delayed like for at least 8 seconds.

Holy crap!  I'd throw the computer out the window if I had to encounter that all the time, lol.

It happens only with this browser. So my PC is fine. Weirdly enough, started only a couple of months ago.

But I only use this browser rarely now, so don't care. I'm just curious, were both of you able to find some really evil crap in the pak file ? 

We are all aware.  As I've mentioned, I really wish that XP users had their own subset of this thread.  I really dislike Win7, Vista, and XP users all being lumped into the same thread.

Don't get me wrong, I loved it very much. If only both of you were able to get the new x64 bit version, would be nice, but only if done quickly, 'cause it's on the 95 engine..... already a bit old.

1 hour ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Because of the collection not matching!  I personally trust the collection from "chrome-pak-customizer" over-and-above the collection from Python.  So I'm comparing just "why" the collections do not match.

Can't say I get why we shouldn't trust the official tools. In any case, as far as I can tell, when there are items with identical contents (listed as "aliases" in the customizer's pak_index.ini file), the customizer extracts only the first item encountered (and marks the rest in the .ini), while pak_util.py extracts all these items as separate files with identical contents (when repaking, these identicals get folded back into a single copy of the data).

I guess the customizer way is more convenient if you want to change an item and have that also update its aliases without additional hassle, and the other way is more convenient if you want to de-alias/change some of the items. Neither tool is "wrong", although with the customizer it seems like you have to be careful not to get your aliases out of alignment if you add or remove items (or de-alias something), because it doesn't mark them by the actual item number but rather its line position. And of course with pak_util you have to detect which ones are identical on your own, and be careful to update all of the identicals if you don't want to de-alias them.

1 hour ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

These files are only the files that 7Zip could not extract from the "chrome-pak-customizer" collection.

OK, I'm just saying not all of these are Brotli compressed.

7 hours ago, mixit said:

For working with individual files:

brotli_decompress_for_pak.py : https://pastebin.com/fNyi1UdK
brotli_compress_for_pak.py : https://pastebin.com/Z2YmGPFP

On 11/20/2022 at 8:23 PM, mixit said:

in 25514, delete

{"category":"Appearance","title":"Language:","storageType":"local","defaultValue":"zh-CN","reloadRequired":true,"settingName":"language","settingType":"enum","type":"setting","options":[{"text":"Chinese (Simplified)","value":"zh-CN","title":"Chinese (Simplified)"},{"text":"English (United States)","value":"en-US","title":"English (United States)"}]},

In 25615, delete

this._initLocalizationSetting(),

and

_initLocalizationSetting(){p.Settings.instance().createSetting("language","zh-CN",p.SettingStorageType.Local).addChangeListener(()=>{location.reload()})}

In 25624, replace

function d(t){let e=t;return"undefined"!=typeof localStorage&&'"en-US"'!==localStorage.language&&(e=self.DevToolsLocalization.getString(t),e=e.replace(/\$./g,t=>t.match(/\$[$1-9]/)?"$$$"===t?"$":"%":t)),e}

with

function d(t){return t}

On 11/22/2022 at 2:01 PM, mixit said:

Performing these three file changes and these three only, our resulting resources.pak file are not the same size.

I'm not overly concerned as I don't criss-cross anything on what I use for me-myself.  Mentioning it only for the sake of those here that may be criss-crossing.

image.png.56a747bdf595def17fd662ac58e4b2a9.png

4 minutes ago, D.Draker said:

If only both of you were able to get the new x64 bit version, would be nice, but only if done quickly, 'cause it's on the 95 engine..... already a bit old.

Zero interest here.  I actually prefer to use 32bit web browsers even on my 64bit Win10s.  And as previously mentioned, there are better alternatives once we exclude support for XP.

Another reason this thread (in my opinion) should be for XP users "only".

3 minutes ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Performing these three file changes and these three only, our resulting resources.pak file are not the same size.

I'm not overly concerned as I don't criss-cross anything on what I use for me-myself.  Mentioning it only for the sake of those here that may be criss-crossing.

image.png.56a747bdf595def17fd662ac58e4b2a9.png

That's because I hacked the hell out of these 16 bytes to pwn all the fools who downloaded my pak, of course. :rolleyes:

12 hours ago, mina7601 said:

Off-topic I know, but I liked the fact that you used this word to describe strongness. Looks like you got inspiration from the 1997 movie Hercules.

LOL! Actually I've never seen the Disney cartoon Hercules!
:D

3 hours ago, UCyborg said:

The Chinese did the main thing, you'd have nothing without them.

Well of course.
We would never have had a non-Chinese version without the spyware though without the efforts of Humming Owl and ArctricFoxie.
Of course the Russian re-packers were intermediaries here too!
:yes: