360 Extreme Explorer ArcticFoxie Versions

3 hours ago, D.Draker said:

Still loads of bloat .The most evil junk is Service Worker , do you know what that is ? It's an encrypted fingerprint . Your fingerprint , it's a cookie that never expires. The website will know you had visited them before . Replace it with a blank txt file ASAP! If you scroll this topic several hundreds pages back , we discussed it with the original poster. I initiated the replacements with blanks because I was not satisfied with some telemetry which was still there.

Regards.

Will have to go back and read it seems and yes evil and bad, but what to do we need Chrome as FF is just not cutting it nowadays. I still use Serpent but many sited don't even load anymore that used to only a month ago and things are changing very quickly.

Edited by XPerceniol

I've never seen a "Service Worker".  Unsure what else on my system setup is preventing it or if it only shows up on rare sites that I never visit.

Or maybe it's v13.5?  I use the folder/file trick on other files/folders, but "Service Worker" is one that's not needed on my setup.  "Mileage may vary."

2 hours ago, Skorpios said:

Right in front of you...:D    but it disappears after ~5 seconds.

https://imgur.com/d5cjzCw

Ah, cool!  Will see if I can replicate.  So when that shows up then disappears, does it ALSO create a folder or file in your profile?  Because I have never witnessed a Service Worker folder or file in my profile.

Unable to replicate the Service Worker here at MSFN.

Can you please tell me what "conditions" need met?  Do you have to be logged in?  Is it only when you are posting a reply?  Does it show up then disappear with every page refresh?  Will it show up in Incognito, normal, or both?

I know D.Draker uses v13.5 but I cannot replicate a Service Worker in v13.5 here.  Is Skorpios also using v13.5?  Dave-H uses v13.5 but I think he also said he's not seeing a Service Worker.

Also, what OS are you using.

Me and Dave-H may not be seeing this Service Worker because we are both on XP.

Disregard - I looked at your screencap again and I see XP and v13.5.  I'll keep trying to replicate - but so far I cannot replicate this Service Worker, unsure "why".

Could you share your v13.5 "settings" - particularly the Advanced and Lab tabs, perhaps also the Advanced -> Web Content -> Content settings page also.

Edited by NotHereToPlayGames

I usually get this "worker" when/if I spoof my UA as Firefrox. I don't know why , perhaps MSFN thinks firfeox is for douchebags that needs additional tracking , I dunno.

But what other explanation there might be ?

When I set it as some ordinary Chrome on W10 - ublock prevents it , no need for complications . The best way is to replace with blanks , of course ! Why ? Because I usually try to switch the adblocker off on MSFN (exclusively).

17 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

Will have to go back and read it seems and yes evil and bad, but what to do we need Chrome as FF is just not cutting it nowadays. I still use Serpent but many sited don't even load anymore that used to only a month ago and things are changing very quickly.

Just replace the folder you don't want with an empty file (WITHOUT extensions) , like on my screenshot. Solved. The same goes to any unwanted files , but in this case you'd need to replace it with an empty folder with the same name.

Example 1. You don't want file douchbaggie.exe . Delete it and place there a folder called douchbaggie.exe (with the extension).

Example 2. You don't want folder douchbaggie 

Delete it and place there a file called douchbaggie (WITHOUT extension) .

vice_versa.png

3 hours ago, D.Draker said:

Just replace the folder you don't want with an empty file (WITHOUT extensions) , like on my screenshot. Solved. The same goes to any unwanted files , but in this case you'd need to replace it with an empty folder with the same name.

Example 1. You don't want file douchbaggie.exe . Delete it and place there a folder called douchbaggie.exe (with the extension).

Example 2. You don't want folder douchbaggie 

Delete it and place there a file called douchbaggie (WITHOUT extension) .

vice_versa.png

Wow ... that seemed too easy, but it def worked - thank you for your help :cheerleader:

Now, I know my browsing habits area different from others, but I was able to only keep the following after cleaning everything (I save nothing) and the browser works (for me) with only the following needed folders to run (after the loader deletes upon close). Of course, I'm on V11 and its not the same as your V13. V11 runs on less for me and is slim, but I know not for everyone here. I created a fake [User Data\Default\Local Storage] leveldb empty file. 

For the record: The ONLY 3 files I DO keep are..

User Data\Local State

User Data\Default\Web Data

User Data\Default\Preferences

spacer.png

Edited by XPerceniol