My Browser Builds (Part 3)

Which browser is there a German language pack?

I wanted to install uBlock Origin at NM28XP, but that did not work.

Can not that be integrated in NM28XP?

Edited by Anbima

8 minutes ago, Anbima said:

In 360chrome 13.0 I have the problem that many pages are without HTTPS.

You will *always* have this on XP!

Which web sites show as "insecure" (THOUGH NOT ACTUALLY INSECURE) in one browser versus the next is IRRELEVANT.

The bottom line regarding a web sites "padlock" is that you can NOT use XP if you "want" this padlock to indicate "secure" on the "modern web".

If you want to use XP (which I myself do!), then you "must" ACCEPT certain "flaws" that come with opting to remain on XP.

4 minutes ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Go to chrome://flags and disable DirectWrite.

It's still like that.

Screenshot MyPal:

Mypal.jpg

and 360chrome:

360chrome.jpg

Edited by Anbima

23 minutes ago, Anbima said:

It's still like that.

Screenshot MyPal:

Mypal.jpg

and 360chrome:

360chrome.jpg

No clue what these screencaps are.

You should also disable 3rd Party Fonts by using something like UBlock or uMatrix.

Mypal and 360Chrome handle 3rd Party Fonts differently.

Again, there will NEVER be a web browser that works 100% "out of the box", you will ALWAYS have to make changes to settings, about:config, chrome://flags, extensions, et cetera.

I doubt it will be possible for me (or anyone else here) to walk you through the entire process.

You are "used to" Mozilla-based browsers.

The BIGGEST mistake that most Mozilla Users have made over the past decade is that they didn't keep up with Chromium-based and only now (the "modern web") are they faced with LEARNING how to use Chromium-based.

I say this because I was one of them!

I used Mozilla-based for DECADES.

Mozilla (in my humble opinion) is DEAD - it's time to learn Chromium-based browsers.

Will that change in the future?  I HOPE SO.

I won't make the same mistake this time around, I intend to "try" to keep up with BOTH so that it isn't a complete start-from-scratch learning curve whenever I "switch back".

But for now, as sad as it may be to admit for most around here, CHROMIUM is kicking Mozilla "butt".

We ALL have our fingers crossed that the butt-kicking is not "permanent".

5 minutes ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

You should also disable 3rd Party Fonts by using something like UBlock or uMatrix.

I have "Block remote fonts" in uBlock but it's still the same problem.

I would already change to chromium, but the fonts must be readable and the browser should be in German.

Is there a German language file for 360chrome 13.0 or a way to integrate German?

And how can I set that the websites are delivered in German by default? Presumably 360throme sent to the website that this should be delivered in English.

Edited by Anbima

Somebody that speaks German would have to create the German language file - I have no interest nor time outside of English.

As far as having web sites deliver content in German by default, you should be able to edit the Preferences file and replace "en-US, en" with whatever the German equivalent is.

You would have to edit and save the Preferences file while 360Chrome is not running (verify using Task Manager).

image.thumb.png.d8895b6091b3679e123e0c7baa740edb.png