What are you watching?

sunryze

Wonka film review is rather good, but "Timothée Chalamet is a bit miscast". I'm not surprised, I felt the same.

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/reviews/wonka-review-timothee-chalamet-b2457979.html

Independent is a credible source with good critics, I don't want to argue with anyone, just accept this fact.

Those who don't agree, I'm sorry, you aren't critics from Independent, but you of course have the right to your individual view on this.

13 hours ago, legacyfan said:

ive been to the movies like 5 times my entire life pretty much and have seen some pretty good movies as well

I don't recall that I ever had a bad experience at the theater other than I just stopped going and the agoraphobia got worse MUCH worse over the years and I'm now very isolated. I don't go out much anymore unless I need to.

Edited by XPerceniol

2 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

I don't recall that I ever had a bad experience at the theater

Exact opposite for me, I don't recall ever having a GOOD experience at a theater.

Always TOO D@MN LOUD !!!

And this comes from a guy who has a car with three 15" Rockford Fosgate's with reinforced body panels so that the car doesn't rattle.

Put a quarter on the roof and the bass will send it flying.

1 hour ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

...And this comes from a guy who has a car with three 15" Rockford Fosgate's with reinforced body panels so that the car doesn't rattle.

Put a quarter on the roof and the bass will send it flying.

Wow :lol:

12 hours ago, legacyfan said:

dvds are pretty old but do still have there uses today as some old classic movies like universal horror movies can only be watched thru dvd methods pretty much

Blu-ray drives and players can play your old DVDs too, so if there is a need for new hardware, then Blu-ray is advisable no matter how many DVDs you own. (Of course drivers might be a problem for those devoted to legacy versions of Windows.) For old TV shows from the analog era, there may be little if any advantage to the Blu-ray format. I have DVD sets of Twin Peaks (1990-91) and Dark Angel’s first season (2000-01), no thoughts of replacing them with Blu-ray at all. In some cases, recent movies include a Blu-ray and DVD in the same package (e.g. Dune: Part One, at least here in the United States), but in most cases the formats are sold separately. Blu-rays are now more common than DVDs at retailers in the U.S., but you could order a DVD if you wish. I still sometimes buy very cheap DVDs on impulse at Walmart or Barnes & Noble. Walmart just dumps $5 DVDs into a bin for shoppers to rummage through, whereas Barnes & Noble tries to keep their stock organized and their DVDs are often just as cheap.

4 hours ago, Vistapocalypse said:

Blu-ray drives and players can play your old DVDs too, so if there is a need for new hardware, then Blu-ray is advisable no matter how many DVDs you own.

Yeah I do have a Blu-ray player but an old TV so it defeats the Blu-ray experience.

18 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

And this comes from a guy who has a car with three 15" Rockford Fosgate's with reinforced body panels so that the car doesn't rattle.

We'd like to see it.

12 hours ago, Vistapocalypse said:

(Of course drivers might be a problem for those devoted to legacy versions of Windows.)

Not true. Official Bluray Specs for good playback: Core 2 Duo and 8400GS, which are from the year 2006 and XP. I'm not talking about 4k bluray.

Minimum specs are going ever lower! Here you can familiarize yourself with them.

"Minimum:  Intel* 965, G33, G35, G45 graphics software decoder Intel Core 2 Duo.

GeForce 7600 GT, GeForce 7800 GTX 512, GeForce 7900"

https://superuser.com/questions/37252/minimum-hardware-spec-for-playing-blu-ray-disks

12 hours ago, Vistapocalypse said:

Blu-rays are now more common than DVDs at retailers in the U.S., but you could order a DVD if you wish.

We don't have DVDs for decades, apparently technology comes to the US much later. DVDs were popular here in 1998-2003. In 2004 people already wanted better quality, and the American "import" DVDs were locked to NTSC region, also of much lesser quality: only 480p in US vs 576p PAL (UK and European). It's a drastic difference!

Starting 2006 and onwards, bluray.

I forgot to tell, and the post editing is rather glitchy due to the forum soft issues, so don't run blaming me for "quadro posting". 

In 1999, I bought the first Bond Collection on DVD. Oh boy, I was so disappointed with the 480p US quality! Those were made in NTSC and the usual low res. American standard.

Later on, I had to buy the same collection edition again! I had purchased the same version, but for the Great Britain and EU market, it was night and day difference! (somewhere in 2000)