Share your Microsoft Windows Vista Experience!

Win10-Hater

14 hours ago, TECHGEEK said:

...everything was fixed by April 2009 when SP2 came out....

Actually everything was fixed in SP1 , it is way faster than SP2 in my opinion , I still use it for gaming . Also , if you have a quality sound card , you may notice a huge difference in favour of SP1. By the way , I can't say that I had problems with vanilla Vista back in 2007 (before SP1) and I had used it 'till 2009 , the only thing that was an issue for me - improrer VRAM management for games that use more than 512mb VRAM. So I decided to install SP1 in 2009 and the problem went away. 

16 hours ago, TECHGEEK said:

Yeah, Windows 10 is so bad that I cannot describe my experience in sufficient number of words. I actually wonder what Vista haters think of Windows 10.

People called Vista bloated when Windows 10 is 1000x more bloated than any Windows version

People called Vista unstable and slow when in reality, Windows 10 runs S L U G G I S H L Y even on systems as powerful as yours, just like Windows ME (Memory Eater) and when those people actually ran Vista on slow XP systems with only 256-512 megs of ram!

True, Vista had its issues such as an improper WGA, but yeah, everything was fixed by April 2009 when SP2 came out. What will M$ do to fix Windows 10?

I wanted to addon. 

Regarding the ui, Windows Vista has a beautiful UI whereas Windows 10....... has a Lol-style UI (See my signature).

Windows 10 always keeps spying on you while Vista has no telemetry.

While Windows 7 may seem like the perfect Windows 10 alternative, seeing that it is still used in about 15% of worldwide PC's makes us consider the risks of using it as it is a vulnerable target for malware and hackers. So I chose Vista as it is used by only about 0.3% of PC's worldwide and is secure through obscurity. Windows 8 ( with a little UI tweaks) could also be an alternative if you can't install and use Vista.

4 minutes ago, TECHGEEK said:

I wanted to addon. 

Regarding the ui, Windows Vista has a beautiful UI whereas Windows 10....... has a Lol-style UI (See my signature).

While Windows 7 may seem like the perfect Windows 10 alternative, seeing that it is still used in about 15% of worldwide PC's makes us consider the risks of using it as it is a vulnerable target for malware and hackers. So I chose Vista as it is used by only about 0.3% of PC's worldwide and is secure through obscurity. Windows 8 ( with a little UI tweaks) could also be an alternative if you can't install and use Vista.

agreed , my laptop originally came with windows 10 , but had to uninstall 2 months later as i was getting severe headaches using it , same effect of using 3d goggles :thumbdown

Edited by burd

7 minutes ago, TECHGEEK said:

I wanted to addon. 

The majority of users on 7 know how to protect their systems, and there's a 75% chance that any modern virus that works on 7 would also work on 10. The majority of virus makers will focus on 10, and likely exploit Chrome or something.

35 minutes ago, asdf2345 said:

The majority of users on 7 know how to protect their systems, and there's a 75% chance that any modern virus that works on 7 would also work on 10. The majority of virus makers will focus on 10, and likely exploit Chrome or something.

Yes, agreed. But I was talking about alternatives to Windows 10. No denying that with a smart Brain.exe and regular scans using Malwarebytes, we can prevent Windows 7 virus or malware attacks, but since Vista is a lot more obscure than Win7, it is very unlikely that Vista will be targeted. I want to make this statement clear.

Well I gotta say, windows 10 is not only bad. It works, but needs heavy modification to remove some stuff. I don’t like personally, that someone is saying, that on higher end pcs it still laggs. It does not and it works honestly normally, but windows update, telemetry, defender and UWP alongside microsoft policies makes it unusable

6 hours ago, TECHGEEK said:

Yes, agreed. But I was talking about alternatives to Windows 10. No denying that with a smart Brain.exe and regular scans using Malwarebytes, we can prevent Windows 7 virus or malware attacks, but since Vista is a lot more obscure than Win7, it is very unlikely that Vista will be targeted. I want to make this statement clear.

I think I was the first here who said "best antivirus is our brain". But I'm not greedy , of course you can use it , I see you liked it ))) Also ,  I can't see anyone who's talking about the quality , for example sound , videoplayback and gaming. Vista easily beats all later Windows . I have a very good monitor and a quality sound card , I can tell. I compared Win 7 , 8 and Vista on the same hardware and the result is in favour of Vista , of course ! Anyone with a good sound card , monitor ? C'mon ...

Just now, Dixel said:

I can't see anyone who's talking about the quality , for example sound , videoplayback and gaming. Vista easily beats all later Windows . I have a very good monitor and a quality sound card , I can tell. I compared Win 7 , 8 and Vista on the same hardware and the result is in favour of Vista , of course ! Anyone with a good sound card , monitor ? C'mon ...

I don't game and have never done so at all, so don't ask about gaming experience. 

As for video and sound quality, it's just WOW on Vista!!

7 hours ago, TECHGEEK said:

Most  of the issues were fixed by SP1 but SP2 addressed the remaining issues.

We are talking about our personal Vista experience , as I said , in my personal experience I had zero issues with SP1 . What issues did you have ? Name a few , please , I'm just curious.

Just now, Dixel said:

We are talking about our personal Vista experience , as I said , in my personal experience I had zero issues with SP1 . What issues did you have ? Name a few , please , I'm just curious.

Some speedup was done by SP2, I guess ( I never really used Vista RTM or SP1 properly, only a little, that too on a VM).

SP1 made stuff very fast compared to RTM but I think SP2 improved it further. But that's just my opinion.

3 hours ago, TECHGEEK said:

Some speedup was done by SP2, I guess ( I never really used Vista RTM or SP1 properly, only a little, that too on a VM).

SP1 made stuff very fast compared to RTM but I think SP2 improved it further. But that's just my opinion.

Ok , I see you didn't use SP1 enough . Just try it with real hardware , you won't regret . There were some good camparsions , but they got deleted . This is just what left , as one can see SP1 is faster , in real life it is even faster https://technogog.com/information/vista-sp1-vs-sp2/