OnlyFans site not loading in Firefox 52.9 ESR

Dave-H

Just a couple of days ago I found that I could no longer access https://onlyfans.com/ using Firefox 52.9 ESR.
OK I thought. perhaps it now just needs a different user agent string.
No joy though, and I then found to my surprise that I cannot now access it with any of the browsers I have installed on Windows XP!
I've tried with Firefox 52.9, Google Chrome 49.0.2623.112, Otter 1.0.81 Weekly #333, Opera 12.18, and even Safari 5.1.7.
Every one of them just produces the splash screen with the pulsating logo, but never goes any further to the login page.
On Firefox 82 and Edge on Windows 10, needless to say it still works fine!
Is anyone else seeing this?
You don't need to be registered with OnlyFans to test it, it should still load the login page.
Cheers, Dave.
:dubbio:

Edited by Dave-H
Title expanded

2 hours ago, Dave-H said:

Just a couple of days ago I found that I could no longer access https://onlyfans.com/ ....I've tried with Firefox 52.9, Google Chrome 49.0.2623.112, Otter 1.0.81 Weekly #333, Opera 12.18, and even Safari 5.1.7...

Those browsers are all dinosaurs. The URL gets grade A+ at SSLABS, which tells us that it does not support TLS 1.0 or 1.1. I believe the browsers mentioned in previous replies support TLS 1.3, and wonder if you ever enabled support for the draft of TLS 1.3 in Firefox 52.9?

Thanks guys. :yes:
So, it's only me then!
If it is a TLS 1.3 issue it must have only just happened, as the site worked fine until a couple of days ago.
I thought Firefox 52.9 ESR did support TLS 1.3?

22 minutes ago, Dave-H said:

I thought Firefox 52.9 ESR did support TLS 1.3?

Not by default, and not the final version. I’m really just guessing that it’s a TLS issue, but maybe have a look at these instructions:

https://www.ghacks.net/2017/06/15/how-to-enable-tls-1-3-support-in-firefox-and-chrome/

My Firefox 52 wasn't configured for TLS 1.3, now it is, thank you @Vistapocalypse!
That hasn't made any difference to the problem with OnlyFans though.

It looks as if it's connecting with TLS 1.2 anyway, with FF52 and FF82 -

Firefox52.thumb.jpg.b2cce0b3e4d8d4c03ac4c9f11a77ff25.jpg

Firefox 52 Windows XP

Firefox82.jpg.feddb61b29894f0cf34cbb5a2e20bd40.jpg

Firefox 82 Windows 10

I guess it probably is some sort of javascript issue, but I'm still surprised that it's affected all of my XP browsers!
Perhaps it is time to start looking at using one of RoyTam's browsers, but I'm loathe to drop Firefox 52 as it synchronises with the copies of Firefox on all my other devices.
I must say this is the first site which has stopped working on it which I haven't been able to find a workaround for, at least not yet!

I nearly thought this was a spambot.

Could be an external asset being loaded over current TLS 1.3 specification that's failing to load, or using JS tricks not present in any current browser. Mypal and NewMoon-RT probably won't be too much different btw, same browser engine ultimately which is effectively a fork of Firefox 38's and isn't honestly much of an improvement over Gecko 52 most of the time even on more modern hardware