Software compatible with Windows Vista Extended Kernel

WinClient5270

so i installed the latest 10 jun extended kernel on windows vista ultimate x64 sp2  with all update i was getting constant crash  KB4474419 with this update like invalid handle anyway i fix it i uninstalled it so now it ok but i try to install chrome 80 mozila 80 86  some games like far cry 3 far cry 4 none of this works on chrome the error is the procedure entry point TryAcquireSRWLockExclusive could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll so any help?

yea so bad news again mozila 102 portable is not a valid win32 aplication

Edited by albert2000

so i discovered something new if i install KB4474419 or KB5008274 apps like msi afterburner or msi kombuster or other msi apps works but chrome soptify mozila opera don t work if anyone can land me some info and help i will be greatfull

you should have your Windows Vista in English for the procedure, however you can add more language packs later. Make sure that you have the platform update, cause it's look like that the Extended Kernel is not installed. You should have the platform update, and the SHA2 updates are recommended.

i have all update bro i have almost 700 update include platform sha 2 and other important one + jun 10 kernel but with one kernel work some apps with february work other apps so is kind annoyng

Capture.JPG

Edited by albert2000

i experience about the same problems as albert and I tried 2 times with 2 different PCs with the latest ex kernel 

the only program that works is Firefox 102 (with over.ini fix of course). the other ones simply don't launch 

57 minutes ago, albert2000 said:

so i find that version 103 don t work but 105 it work how i don t know

You can actually install the latest version of Chrome (103 for me) via the official installer, just add this to osver.ini in your Windows directory:

[global]
enabled=1
Win7SuperVerFix=1
MajorVersion=6
MinorVersion=1
BuildNumber=7601
CSDVersion=Service Pack 1
PlatformID=2

Once the installation has completed, erase the "global" string and restart Chrome. Or you can keep it, I just prefer to spoof the OS version to individual applications.

EDIT: this has to be performed with the latest extended kernel update (Jul 25). 

Screenshot_3.png

Edited by alexocc
Clarification

could someone explain again what platformid means? i know someone already did but i cant find the page 

csdversion is actually doing anything? the service pack changes the build number so is that required? 

so i finally get these games running on windows Vista ultimate sp2 x64 6003 :Far cry 4 Far cry 5 GTA V Mortal kombat x Mortal kombat xl Ac origins Euro truck simulator 2 latest version american truck simulator latest version CS Go Genshin Impact  i come with news if i find i wish this list will help someone who want to install this beautiful windows