On decommissioning of update servers for 2000, XP, (and Vista?) as of July 2019

Mcinwwl

@maile3241 @AstroSkipper I have an idea of how we can get it to work on Windows 2000 without Extended Kernel. I see that the certificate it generates is made with an SHA256RSA signature, viewing the changelog, the older versions generate an SHA1RSA certificate. If we could get a copy of the older version, it might work on 2000.

No much fun, what can I say?

I don't want to install Linux.

I followed your instructions and started the Proxy with ProxyPSSwitch.exe in the Proxy NoUPX folder.

And Windows said me that the program has to be closed (the Proxy started and it automatically closed with another Windows error report).

I didn't tried OnePiece actually but I will try today (I have time to do that).

My Windows XP Version IS Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP3 (don't know the build).

I installed all updates needed to run Windows Update, no others updates.

But nothing happen. 

Do I need to install vc++ redist?

Edited by WULover

6 hours ago, xpandvistafan said:

@maile3241 @AstroSkipper I have an idea of how we can get it to work on Windows 2000 without Extended Kernel. I see that the certificate it generates is made with an SHA256RSA signature, viewing the changelog, the older versions generate an SHA1RSA certificate. If we could get a copy of the older version, it might work on 2000.

That would be great. But where can we download it?

4 hours ago, WULover said:

Do I need to install vc++ redist?

Insall .NET Framework from 1.0 to 4.0 and all Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable versions from 2005 up to 2019. And Onepiece Update Package too. ProxHTTPSProxy is working in Windows XP without any problems basically. My system is fully updated POSReady updates included, and I never had a problem relating to ProxHTTPSProxy. I think in your system something is missing. But anyway, in your case the best choice is a lightweight Linux distribution due to existing hardware limitations. In my opinion, Windows XP is too demanding especially relating to RAM consumption.

Edited by AstroSkipper

47 minutes ago, WULover said:

But this is a fresh install. Strange...

But maybe exactly that is the problem. A fresh install means a lot of functions and patches are missing. Or your cpu is the problem due to the lack of certain, necessary features. What CPU is working in your computer? Please provide the exact type! And you said you've expanded your RAM. Did you perform a memory test?

Edited by AstroSkipper

My processor is an Intel Celeron II 700 Mhz.

And I performed a RAM test yesterday.

Do I need to reinstall Microsoft Windows XP?

I don't actually have more details.

And my RAM is working.

Edited by WULover

1 minute ago, WULover said:

Do I need to reinstall Microsoft Windows XP?

I do think so, unfortunately. But have you tried WSUS server method to update your installation? This method doesn't require ProxHTTPSProxy. Moreover I assume the proxy is probably incompatible to your hardware. And please provide the exact type of Intel Celeron. There are a lot of them. I need to know the full specification.

21 minutes ago, WULover said:

I don't have SSE2 or SSE3.

Is that this the problem?

You try to run ProxHTTPSProxy REV3d built by pyInstaller. Therefore  the Python version used is decisive whether your CPU is supported or not. I assume the lacking of SSE2 is probably the cause of the problem. Try the WSUS server method instead! It is working fine too.

Edited by AstroSkipper
correction

2 minutes ago, WULover said:

I will try this method, but i didn't installed python.

I'm not developer, so I don't know if it's needed or not.

Why do you want to install Python? You don't need that. Try the WSUS server method which uses WUMT to get access to MU. You can find it in this thread or here: https://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/restore-windows-update-for-windows-xp-server-2003.82538/