On decommissioning of update servers for 2000, XP, (and Vista?) as of July 2019

Mcinwwl

Just now, xpandvistafan said:

@mina7601 My script works properly if you first add the posready entries, run the script, and then add the tls 1.2 entries. It has never failed me at all.

That's what I already did:

56 minutes ago, mina7601 said:

And of course PosReady.reg merged before installing PosReady updates

I meant that I first merged PosReady.reg, ran Install.reg, then merged tls 1.2.reg.

The meaning of your error code: 0x80072F78 = ERROR_HTTP_INVALID_SERVER_RESPONSE = The server response could not be parsed.
Anyway, you have connection problems to MU server. Check your firewall settings and disable security feature called "https scanning " in your security software if existing. Try to disable Windows Firewall temporarily while accessing MU web site. And please upload WindowsUpdate.log!

Edited by AstroSkipper
correction

2 minutes ago, mina7601 said:

And I am not sure what you mean by "https scanning". I looked around my Windows Firewall settings and found no such feature.

Did you install a security program like Eset, Malwarebytes or Avast? These programs have a lot of features, one of them is a HTTPS Scanning feature and can be problematic if connected via HTTPS.

2 minutes ago, AstroSkipper said:

Did you install a security program like Eset, Malwarebytes or Avast? These programs have a lot of features, one of them is a HTTPS Scanning feature and can be problematic if connected via HTTPS.

No, I didn't. I keep my VM as it is without any antiviruses.