On decommissioning of update servers for 2000, XP, (and Vista?) as of July 2019

Mcinwwl

13 minutes ago, maile3241 said:

The 0x80072efe error comes from Windows Update in Control Panel. Not from the site.

In order to get it working from the control panel, you have to install the SHA-2 Code Signing update, (KB4474419) and also enable TLS 1.2 in Internet Options. 

2 minutes ago, AstroSkipper said:

There he said he'd prefer the web version but he didn' t say he already had got working it. So @xpandvistafan does the web site version of MU work in your Windows 7 system?

I've never used it on Windows 7. I think you misread. I was able to work with it on Vista. He also gets 0x80070002.

Just now, maile3241 said:

I've never used it on Windows 7. I think you misread. I was able to work with it on Vista. He also gets 0x80070002.

Your statements are very confusing.What are you talking about? I know you never used it in Win 7 but you want to get it workung. Then you say you just want to get updates from the website like @xpandvistafan.  But no one has got workung it until now. The problem is your English. You have to improve your way of articulating and to be more accurate in writing comments.

13 minutes ago, AstroSkipper said:

Your statements are very confusing.What are you talking about? I know you never used it in Win 7 but you want to get it workung. Then you say you just want to get updates from the website like @xpandvistafan.  But no one has got workung it until now. The problem is your English. You have to improve your way of articulating and to be more accurate in writing comments.

I'll explain again. The website works on Windows Vista Rtm and SP1. In SP2 I get error 0x80070002. The same error also applies to Windows 7. Strangely, the page works fine on Windows 10.

3 minutes ago, maile3241 said:

I'll explain again. The website works on Windows Vista Rtm and SP1. In SP2 I get error 0x80070002. The same error also applies to Windows 7. Strangely, the page works fine on Windows 10.

I already knew that. For accessing MU in Windows 7 use the app version. In my view there'll never be any chance to get web version of MU working. And I know you are German like me so use Winfuture Update Pack for Windows 7 including all updates until January of 2020 to get rid of error code 0x80072efe. No more to say related to that matter! :no: