My Browser Builds (Part 1)

@roytam1 <--

Added: Okay, the latest NewMoon28 version is working WELL for me. And I also discovered finally the (Pale Moon) SEARCH PLUGINS that allows GOOGLE to become the SEARCH ENGINE. Leaving what I said previously below, for records purposes. Also, in a message before, I was saying of  having a problem with NM28 and the DEFAULT BROWSER setting. Which, that seems now SOLVED (via a newer NM28 version installation) too.

===================================================

On the upcoming NewMoon28 - I notice that it will NOT have GOOGLE as a designated SEARCH ENGINE choice. Meaning that one cannot MARK TEXT and then (RIGHT Click) feed that into the GOOGLE Search Engine. Could it be possible to ADD GOOGLE as an SEACH ENGINE option for NewMoon28 ??? Or maybe a PATCH could be created that alters what is needed ???

As compliment, NewMoon27 is MUCH faster for me on my SLOW CPU Old Laptop here. I suspect that '27' is the BEST choice 'out there' for SLOW CPU WinXP systems. And '27' RARELY fails to render HTML correctly. IF that should happen (HTML problems), the BASILISK52, while definitely slower for me, gets the the job done on more demanding JAVASCRIPT engine situations. The COMBINATION of them (these two browsers, being able to alternate as needed), is WONDERFUL to have it. THANKS !!!  :thumbup

Edited by TechnoRelic

1 hour ago, TechnoRelic said:

@roytam1 <--

On the upcoming NewMoon28 - I notice that it will NOT have GOOGLE as a designated SEARCH ENGINE choice. Meaning that one cannot MARK TEXT and then (RIGHT Click) feed that into the GOOGLE Search Engine. Could it be possible to ADD GOOGLE as an SEACH ENGINE option for NewMoon28 ??? Or maybe a PATCH could be created that alters what is needed ???

As compliment, NewMoon27 is MUCH faster for me on my SLOW CPU Old Laptop here. I suspect that '27' is the BEST choice 'out there' for SLOW CPU WinXP systems. And '27' RARELY fails to render HTML correctly. IF that should happen (HTML problems), the BASILISK52, while definitely slower for me, gets the the job done on more demanding JAVASCRIPT engine situations. The COMBINATION of them (these two browsers, being able to alternate as needed), is WONDERFUL to have it. THANKS !!!  :thumbup

further customizations will not be done until pm28 goes beta stage.

3 hours ago, kitaro1 said:

TV stream  http://tvsport24.net/tvn24.html

The error closes the browser. Mypal 27.9.2, with github, mypal 27.8.3 with github, palemoon 27.9.1.6706 with msfn - this is a tragedy on this television.

appcompat.txt: https://pastebin.com/280F2hfN

Palemoon 27.6.0 - excelence stream tv

it just keep loading here, not crashing.

and appcompat.txt is no use for debugging.

New Firefox 45ESR SSE build:
http://o.rthost.cf/gpc/files1.rt/firefox-45.9.9-20180610-dba760c99-win32-sse.7z

repo changes since last build:
- ffmpeg: add dynamic loading LAV DLLs (ported from mypal) (18929e062)
- Make HTML Media Elements' preload attribute MSE-spec compliant. (a79ff821b)
- [mp4] Don't reject boxes that contains padding but can be easily skipped (88a49bf1a)
- ported some upstream mediasource fixes (forget bug numbers, sorry) (dba760c99)

5 hours ago, roytam1 said:

New Firefox 45ESR SSE build:
repo changes since last build:
- ffmpeg: add dynamic loading LAV DLLs (ported from mypal) (18929e062)

Can it play Youtube on AthlonXP now ?

I have (WinXP) these hard drive 'trees' for NewMoon and Basilisk Browsers -->

C:\Documents and Settings\MyID\Application Data\Moonchild\Basilisk

C:\Documents and Settings\MyID\Application Data\Moonchild Productions\Basilisk
C:\Documents and Settings\MyID\Application Data\Moonchild Productions\Pale Moon

Okay, I would like to have installed and use both Basilisk52 (ver) and Basilisk55 (ver) Browsers. Does that present any kind of problem, to have BOTH of them installed (active) ???

Also, there is the MOONCHILD 'tree' and the MOONCHILD PRODUCTIONS 'tree' (see above). Is the MOONCHILD 'tree' left over (not needed) somehow from a previous PALE MOON Browser installation?

For me, BK52 Browser seems a bit 'lagging' overall. So, I am wondering if BK55 Browser might work a bit better for me. Even though I realize that BK55 Browser is LESS updated, and ROY recommends BK52 Browser. So, any reply about this, much appreciated.

Added: Okay, I have BOTH BK52 and BK55 installed and working here. I am getting a BETTER result using BK55 too. BK52 seems to 'force' HARD DRIVE FILE CACHE access MUCH more than BK55 does. NO IDEA why that might be happening that way. This could be something to do with MY personal settings, is what I mean to suggest it as a possibility. I am just PLEASED that the BK55 Browser is working as well as it is (here anyway).

@Jody Thornton <-- Please see what I said above on BK52 vs BK55 Browsers.

Edited by TechnoRelic

11 hours ago, TechnoRelic said:

I have (WinXP) these hard drive 'trees' for NewMoon and Basilisk Browsers -->

C:\Documents and Settings\MyID\Application Data\Moonchild\Basilisk

C:\Documents and Settings\MyID\Application Data\Moonchild Productions\Basilisk
C:\Documents and Settings\MyID\Application Data\Moonchild Productions\Pale Moon

Okay, I would like to have installed and use both Basilisk52 (ver) and Basilisk55 (ver) Browsers. Does that present any kind of problem, to have BOTH of them installed (active) ???

Also, there is the MOONCHILD 'tree' and the MOONCHILD PRODUCTIONS 'tree' (see above). Is the MOONCHILD 'tree' left over (not needed) somehow from a previous PALE MOON Browser installation?

For me, BK52 Browser seems a bit 'lagging' overall. So, I am wondering if BK55 Browser might work a bit better for me. Even though I realize that BK55 Browser is LESS updated, and ROY recommends BK52 Browser. So, any reply about this, much appreciated.

Real portable, it's a palemoon modification from github.
The profile folder in the program folder.
An installation version is downloaded. https://github.com/Feodor2/Mypal/releases
Other place of binaries there: win32
It creates a folder with the name of the browser on another partition, it can be any.
Installs to this folder.

b5b976d4a69779e1gen.png

021e67e09646b16fgen.png
The profile folder will appear only after the first settings

de74d5e1f72312adgen.png
You can install other versions of palemon. Each portable will have a profile in the program folder.

@roytam1 <--

Please clarify on this.
palemoon-28.0.0a3.win32-git-20180609-ca8d6d010-xpmod.7z
The ABOVE file download listing is still a SNEAK PEAK one? NOT to be used yet?

pm28xp-sneak-peek-win32-20180526-8f354e52d.7z
The reason that I ask is that it is NOT named as the OTHER SNEAK PEAK files for NM28 (see above one). Or maybe I am just confused somehow on the 'file naming manner' and what it means. NOT looking to seem critical here.

I finally managed to get also new versions of Basilisk work on windows NT 4.0 with my kernelex,  now they work new versions of firefox too (up to 52.0 for now). The first release will be in the fist term of  July.

gaaYvnV.png

2 hours ago, TechnoRelic said:

@roytam1 <--

Please clarify on this.
palemoon-28.0.0a3.win32-git-20180609-ca8d6d010-xpmod.7z
The ABOVE file download listing is still a SNEAK PEAK one? NOT to be used yet?

pm28xp-sneak-peek-win32-20180526-8f354e52d.7z
The reason that I ask is that it is NOT named as the OTHER SNEAK PEAK files for NM28 (see above one). Or maybe I am just confused somehow on the 'file naming manner' and what it means. NOT looking to seem critical here.

since PM28 is still in alpha stage, it is still sneak peek release here.

New regular/weekly KM-Goanna release:
https://o.rthost.cf/kmeleon/KM-Goanna-20180616.7z

Changelog:

Out-of-tree changes:
* update Goanna3 to git 4463c7031..4197dba32:
- Add a nullcheck in DOMProxyHandler::EnsureExpandoObject (dea50cbf6)
- Satisfy AMO's discrimination by UA. (4197dba32)
* My changes since my last build:
- Applied ICU CVE fixes for CVE-2017-7867, CVE-2017-7868, CVE-2017-14952, CVE-2017-15422

* Notice: the changelog above may not always applicable to XULRunner code which K-Meleon uses.