Jump to content
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 


Jody Thornton

Server 2008 Updates on Windows Vista

Recommended Posts

Wow, thanks, much appreciated! 

3 hours ago, greenhillmaniac said:

And here it is! The most awaited Vista repository with Server 2008 updates (atleast for the few people who care about the OS).

Included in here are updates for both x86 and x64 architectures, and all versions of .NET available for Vista, from 2.0 to 4.6.1. If there's anything missing, do let me know.

https://mega.nz/#F!klBBXC5b!SJSY-VWBto55Ft63CrAgJQ

I would like to direct a huge thank you to @VistaLover and @2008WindowsVista, for testing out the updates, and listing them in an easy to copy way :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow!  I'm impressed.  The Vista Forum over at vistax64.com seems slow to embrace this, but it was the same with Windows 8 as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, greenhillmaniac said:

I would like to direct a huge thank you to @VistaLover and @2008WindowsVista, for testing out the updates, and listing them in an easy to copy way :)

 You are welcome @greenhillmaniac and thanks for creating the MEGA repo; is the link to it going to be stickied in the Windows Vista forum?

Or, possibly, could a mod let you create a "new" #1 post in this current thread, which could, hopefully, be updated every month from now on?

And a clarification about "Update for .NFW 4.6[.1] on Windows Server 2008 (KB4020503)", published May 2nd:

The relevant KB article details that it patches an error specific to "Windows PowerShell v3.0+"; since PS v3.0 isn't available on Vista SP2,

I would argue that patch (that I did include in my list in my previous post and you, too, included in your repo) isn't strictly needed on Vista SP2 :unsure: ...

Edited by VistaLover

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, VistaLover said:

And a clarification about "Update for .NFW 4.6[.1] on Windows Server 2008 (KB4020503)", published May 2nd:

The relevant KB article details that it patches an error specific to "Windows PowerShell v3.0+"; since PS v3.0 isn't available on Vista SP2,

I would argue that patch (that I did include in my list in my previous post and you, too, included in your repo) isn't strictly needed on Vista SP2 :unsure: ...

Did it give you an error, when trying to install? Dunno... sometimes M$ includes aditional fixes in patches like these, so unless it doesn't install, I don't mind leaving it on there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, greenhillmaniac said:

Did it give you an error, when trying to install?

 No, it did not error out when I tried to install it - if you inspect my "Installed Updates" (second) screenshot you'll see it there; I just thought, after reading what it patches, that it should be redundant for Vista :unsure: ...

5 minutes ago, greenhillmaniac said:

Dunno... sometimes M$ includes additional fixes in patches like these, so unless it doesn't install, I don't mind leaving it on there.

You probably know a lot more on this than I, so it's up to you what you do :rolleyes: ; thanks again!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, VistaLover said:

Or, possibly, could a mod let you create a "new" #1 post in this current thread, which could, hopefully, be updated every month from now on?...

Oh come on.  lol - at least let me retain credit for bringing initial attention to this.  Even with Windows 8, greenhillmaniac allowed that courtesy to remain, and I appreciated that.

:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, JodyT said:

Oh come on.  lol - at least let me retain credit for bringing initial attention to this.  Even with Windows 8, greenhillmaniac allowed that courtesy to remain, and I appreciated that. :)

 It was never my intention to show any hint of disrespect, so my sincere apologies if it came through that way :). I only suggested (without giving it much thought, apparently) what appeared to me as a convenience for fellow Vista users (i.e. ease of access, much like what is being currently done in that other Vista thread, "Last versions of software for Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008").

Again, sorry for any misunderstanding caused! :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, VistaLover said:

 It was never my intention to show any hint of disrespect, so my sincere apologies if it came through that way :). I only suggested (without giving it much thought, apparently) what appeared to me as a convenience for fellow Vista users (i.e. ease of access, much like what is being currently done in that other Vista thread, "Last versions of software for Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008").

Again, sorry for any misunderstanding caused! :rolleyes:

Oh no, I was half serious and half joking.  I never was offended. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:) Thanks greenhillmaniac ...lol.  But really, the work you're doing is appreciated.  I'm just debating whether or not to go back to Vista on this old PC until I get a new machine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great Guys you peeps made vista alive upto win 7 life

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Dibya said:

Great Guys you peeps made vista alive upto win 7 life

Well... in order to achieve that we would also have to:

  • Port Intel USB 3.0 drivers
  • Port AMD video drivers
  • Port future nVidia video drivers
  • Get Google Chrome working
  • Get the lastest Office working

You know, small things :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man it seems you peeps need to work hard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Source: Description of Software Update Services and Windows Server Update Services changes in content for 2017

Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Optional/Non-Security Updates

May 2017, Preview of the Quality Rollups for the .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2, 4.5.2, and 4.6[.1] for Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2 (KB4019291)

This is a bundle, which contains:

1. May 16, 2017: Quality Rollup for the .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 for Windows Server 2008 SP2 (KB4014592)

2. May 16, 2017: Quality Rollup for the .NET Framework 4.5.2 for Windows Server 2008 SP2 (KB4014613)

3. May 16, 2017: Quality Rollup for the .NET Framework 4.6[.1] for Windows Server 2008 SP2 (KB4014606)

(2 or 3 should be chosen and installed according to the version of .NFW you're on...)

Thursday, May 18, 2017

High Priority/Non-Security Update

May 18, 2017: Update for Windows Server 2008 SP2 (KB4023136)

This is actually 2017 - Morocco Ramadan DST changes and the individual update for WS 2008 SP2 will be published in the coming days:

Quote

Note: The update for Windows Server 2008 SP2 will be made available within a few days of the publication date of this article.

Edited by VistaLover

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, VistaLover said:

Source: Description of Software Update Services and Windows Server Update Services changes in content for 2017

Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Optional/Non-Security Updates

May 2017, Preview of the Quality Rollups for the .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2, 4.5.2, and 4.6[.1] for Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2 (KB4019291)

This is a bundle, which contains:

1. May 16, 2017: Quality Rollup for the .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 for Windows Server 2008 SP2 (KB4014592)

2. May 16, 2017: Quality Rollup for the .NET Framework 4.5.2 for Windows Server 2008 SP2 (KB4014613)

3. May 16, 2017: Quality Rollup for the .NET Framework 4.6[.1] for Windows Server 2008 SP2 (KB4014606)

(2 or 3 should be chosen and installed according to the version of .NFW you're on...)

Thursday, May 18, 2017

High Priority/Non-Security Update

May 18, 2017: Update for Windows Server 2008 SP2 (KB4023136)

This is actually 2017 - Morocco Ramadan DST changes and the individual update for WS 2008 SP2 will be published in the coming days:

if you scroll below it actually says, To apply this update on Windows Server 2008, you must have Service Pack 2 for Windows Vista and for Windows Server 2008 installed. It doesnt only say W2k8 supported suprisingly :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...