USB 2.0/3.0 drivers

burd

17 hours ago, dencorso said:

I take that to mean: Sunrise Point HM-170... if so it controlls up to 8 USB 3.0 ports at the maximum.
That could mean maybe all the lateral USB ports may not work at all, as I already suspected...
Then again, you did say at least the kbd does actually work, wasn't it?

Actually you ought to get the ASMedia USB 3.0+3.1 Drivers & Software Set v1.16.41.3 package. Later drivers don't support Vista animore.

i think the usb 3.1 type c(thunderbolt) is the asmedia one only,ill try to get a type-c to type-a adapter,my vista installed them on its own last time to much suprise,i think this means the thunderbolt will work apparently,even if it doesnt work ill have usb 3.1 gen 2 speeds :D

i already have that driver,its the one that works.

Edited by burd

Well, the thunderbolt has plenty of juice (meaning a high current upper limit) so if you give it a type-c to type-a adapter, and connnect a hub to it you should have enough ports for everything, including the mouse and any storage media you may want to connect. But you didn't answer my other question (although it's out o mere curiosity, by now): the machine does actually recognize the keyboard in one of the intel usb ports and it does work OK, right? So you can use one of the intel ports thanks to the BIOS USB Legacy Support, even without the intel derivers for Vista. Is that correct?

2 hours ago, dencorso said:

Well, the thunderbolt has plenty of juice (meaning a high current upper limit) so if you give it a type-c to type-a adapter, and connnect a hub to it you should have enough ports for everything, including the mouse and any storage media you may want to connect. But you didn't answer my other question (although it's out o mere curiosity, by now): the machine does actually recognize the keyboard in one of the intel usb ports and it does work OK, right? So you can use one of the intel ports thanks to the BIOS USB Legacy Support, even without the intel derivers for Vista. Is that correct?

only the keyboard in any 6 of the usb 3.0 intel plugs
| wouldnt say the mouse doesnt work,but it freezes the whole O/S and is barely working like 5%

Edited by burd

2 hours ago, burd said:

only the keyboard in any 6 of the usb 3.0 intel plugs

That's thanks to the BIOS USB Legacy Support but, anyway, it's a bonus.
OTOH,the mouse ought to work right on the thunderbolt, regardless of being connected through a hub and an adapter.
But, in any case, as soon as you test it, let us know.

Your experience sure may be turned into a Mini-How-To, after you get all issues sorted out. :yes:

42 minutes ago, dencorso said:

OTOH,the mouse ought to work right on the thunderbolt, regardless of being connected through a hub and an adapter.

Your experience sure may be turned into a Mini-How-To, after you get all issues sorted out. :yes:

im getting it today morning so lets see

On 1/10/2017 at 2:26 AM, dencorso said:

Same here in my Skylake board . USB 3.0 port does not work there but keyboards and joystick work.

I repaired it today thats all hell with SMPS.

i wonder how intel port work after not having driver

50 minutes ago, Dibya said:

Same here in my Skylake board . USB 3.0 port does not work there but keyboards and joystick work.

I repaired it today thats all hell with SMPS.

i wonder how intel port work after not having driver

how you repaired it?

8 minutes ago, Dibya said:

there is nothing repaired only keyboard work but all device like usb flash drive never works.

usb 3.1 works(even in xp/2k) but intels 3.0 doesnt

Edited by burd

1 minute ago, Dibya said:

because intel has no driver for 2k/2k3/xp/vista where as asmedia has driver

Yes,Correct, Almost all companies except intel have supported 3.1 gen 1 or gen 2 drivers for 2k/xp above