USB 2.0/3.0 drivers

burd

The BIOS shows two active XHCI controllers.
I understand: The BIOS dosn't allow do disable xhci mode.

XHCI hand-off is about switching USB 2 or USB 3 mode.

Do not install Intel USB 3 drivers.
If you are lucky, default Vista USB 2 drivers are active.

31 minutes ago, dencorso said:

Change Legacy USB Support to AUTO and XHCI Hand-Off to ENABLED.

tried everything in the bios my friend,the only we can do is from within the O/S,even when i installed windows 7 none worked on any setting,luckily windows 7 drivers are yet supported.

41 minutes ago, cdob said:

The BIOS shows two active XHCI controllers.
I understand: The BIOS dosn't allow do disable xhci mode.

XHCI hand-off is about switching USB 2 or USB 3 mode.

Do not install Intel USB 3 drivers.
If you are lucky, default Vista USB 2 drivers are active.

This doesnt work,if i put off xhci my wireless keyboard works and wireless mouse with huge delay(making the os unstable)

Therefore, you've hit a wall. There's no way to get intel USB working decently with vista (or previous NT-OSes) on you machine, unless you decide to mod the BIOS or use some other extreme measure. My take: forgo vista and be happy!   \m/

Just now, dencorso said:

Therefore, you've hit a wall. There's no way to get intel USB working decently on you machine, unless you decide to mod the BIOS or use some other extreme measure. My take: forgo vista and be happy!   \m/

Hmm,will have to see if i can do something,bios wouldnt support xhci hands off for no reason,doesnt work though

5 minutes ago, dencorso said:

Therefore, you've hit a wall. There's no way to get intel USB working decently with vista (or previous NT-OSes) on you machine, unless you decide to mod the BIOS or use some other extreme measure. My take: forgo vista and be happy!   \m/

cant forgo something that you like and just move on and be happy(eg. windows xp)

1 minute ago, burd said:

cant forgo something that you like and just move on and be happy(eg. windows xp)

True. That's why I select the hardware I buy based on my decision to keep running XP, and not the other way around. Long live XP!

3 minutes ago, dencorso said:

True. That's why I select the hardware I buy based on my decision to keep running XP, and not the other way around. Long live XP!

i have a modern laptop preloaded with windows 10 so i cant help it here, cdob said i can use usb 3.1 supported by asmedia?it supports drivers for vista

Edited by burd

With the same money you'd have bought a great desktop and obviated all this trouble. Well... never mind.
Yes, you can find out which ports are connected to the ASMedia controller, put hubs on them to multiply them and forget the other ports. It's an ugly hack, but should work. Yet I suspect only the rear (Type C) USB 3.1 Port may be controlled by the ASMedia chip, I'm sorry to say. Get the latest complete ASMedia driver at Fernando's Forum and let's see. Moreover, if you have time for it, do run the latest CPU-Z on the laptop so that we know what CPU, Southbridge and BIOS version does it have.

23 minutes ago, dencorso said:

With the same money you'd have bought a great desktop and obviated all this trouble. Well... never mind.
Yes, you can find out which ports are connected to the ASMedia controller, put hubs on them to multiply them and forget the other ports. It's an ugly hack, but should work. Yet I suspect only the rear (Type C) USB 3.1 Port may be controlled by the ASMedia chip, I'm sorry to say. Get the latest complete ASMedia driver at Fernando's Forum and let's see. Moreover, if you have time for it, do run the latest CPU-Z on the laptop so that we know what CPU, Southbridge and BIOS version does it have.

skylake,intel i7 6700hq, southbridge skylake-h pch rev 31,bios e1785IMS.112,i tried fernandos driver only :D

Edited by burd

30 minutes ago, burd said:

southbridge skylake-h pch

I take that to mean: Sunrise Point HM-170... if so it controlls up to 8 USB 3.0 ports at the maximum.
That could mean maybe all the lateral USB ports may not work at all, as I already suspected...
Then again, you did say at least the kbd does actually work, wasn't it?

53 minutes ago, dencorso said:

Get the latest complete ASMedia driver at Fernando's Forum and let's see.

Actually you ought to get the ASMedia USB 3.0+3.1 Drivers & Software Set v1.16.41.3 package. Later drivers don't support Vista animore.

20 hours ago, dencorso said:

Dibya, with all due respect, people don't read minds... please do supply the missing parts of your statement.
If you wanna help, do it right... what's the hurry?

Sorry I am extremely sorry.

I am really hurried for going to market

Edited by Dibya